Bowers

tomcat

Selfishness has been a continuing theme

I hope he matures during the offseason. He was a special player for AU for most of the season. He can be a difference maker if he stays within himself on and off the court.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have no doubt that Coach Pearl and the asst coaches will straighten him out. I have complete faith in Coach Pearl building our juggernaut the right way.

War Damn Eagle!

All athletes. whether they are on schollys or walk-ons, get the same NCAA rules "training" every year. Even when I was there 35 years ago, they sat us down every year for 2-3 hours and went over what we could and could not do...also allowed us to ask questions and suggest different scenarios. The training was very thorough...therefore, no excused for anyone breaking the rules in my book.

Not good since next year, he should be in a leadership role

Leader? Gonna take a huge attitude adjustment for that to happen. In fact, I'm wondering if two or 3 underclassmen who played this year will be back next season ...saw some things that I don't think BP will put up with next season when he has more players on the work with.

Not good since next year, he should be in a leadership role

Leader? Gonna take a huge attitude adjustment for that to happen. In fact, I'm wondering if two or 3 underclassmen who played this year will be back next season ...saw some things that I don't think BP will put up with next season when he has more players on the work with.

like kicking an opponent?

I am hoping Bowers is not a team leader and that we have a back court player taking over that responsibility as they generally operate the offense more than bigs.

Not to mention, you don't want a guy like Bowers being your leader, just read his twitter lol

Yea, his on court demeaner can help add personality and grit to a team - which is important - but does not appear to show the leadership qualities I think a team needs.

He also would need to be a leader off the court - which includes correcting the types of things and whatever got him suspended.

We need Bowers next year. Need his toughness and scoring. He doesn't have to be the team leader... someone else can emerge.

We need Bowers to spend every available minute practicing from the foul line until next year. Need his toughness and scoring. He doesn't have to be the team leader... someone else can emerge.

jus a little help :)

We need Bowers next year. Need his toughness and scoring. He doesn't have to be the team leader... someone else can emerge.

Bowers would be good on any roster as a 15-25 minute per game role player. I think we depended too much on an undependable player.

I know that Bowers did some things that irritated people and rightly so but he had no help inside. Nobody to cut down the lane and pass to when he was double teamed and while we got some great play from our guards it was obvious they didn't know how to feed a player down low. Multiple times this year I saw Bowers use his wide body to pin the defender and then not get an entry pass. I think that is one of the reason he would go outside so much.

Passing to a player down low is a skill that is not seen as much as in the past which really hurts a player like Bowers.

I know that Bowers did some things that irritated people and rightly so but he had no help inside. Nobody to cut down the lane and pass to when he was double teamed and while we got some great play from our guards it was obvious they didn't know how to feed a player down low. Multiple times this year I saw Bowers use his wide body to pin the defender and then not get an entry pass. I think that is one of the reason he would go outside so much.

Passing to a player down low is a skill that is not seen as much as in the past which really hurts a player like Bowers.

While I agree with him not getting the ball, I think was intentional at times. He didn't have the height to play post up therefore he would get the ball and flail during a shot to get a foul called. We all know he didn't score from the FT line much. Most of his points came from rebounds.

Our game was outside shooting and to be frank, Bowers passing toward the end of the season got pretty wild and sometimes out of control. Since he couldn't post up or pass consistently, he became a screen guy (that never ever rolled off the pick for a pass). I appreciate his toughness this year and it was needed at times, but his lack of production inside made him attempt to be a guard which didn't work out well. He needs an actual center to play along side and he would be much more effective. Unfortunately for him, he was our only option at center so he got stuck somewhere he doesn't belong. I have no bad feelings towards him for his late season slip, as it has got to be tough to play out of position all season. Hopefully next year he gets to play a bit of a PF role and we will get to see the real CB

While I agree with him not getting the ball, I think was intentional at times. He didn't have the height to play post up therefore he would get the ball and flail during a shot to get a foul called. We all know he didn't score from the FT line much. Most of his points came from rebounds.

Our game was outside shooting and to be frank, Bowers passing toward the end of the season got pretty wild and sometimes out of control. Since he couldn't post up or pass consistently, he became a screen guy (that never ever rolled off the pick for a pass). I appreciate his toughness this year and it was needed at times, but his lack of production inside made him attempt to be a guard which didn't work out well. He needs an actual center to play along side and he would be much more effective. Unfortunately for him, he was our only option at center so he got stuck somewhere he doesn't belong. I have no bad feelings towards him for his late season slip, as it has got to be tough to play out of position all season. Hopefully next year he gets to play a bit of a PF role and we will get to see the real CB

I won't comment with specifics...you did fine there and anyone who watched AU basketball this year could see the issues. CB needs to totally transform himself physically and attitudinally if he is going to help AU have a better team next season.

needs to play his position, what a great team player this year, stupid to ridicule an out of position player

Some terms to remember:

"ridicule" is what we do to players on opposing teams...say, like AJ Mc or Mark Ingram.

"Constructive criticism" is what we do for players on AU teams who don't live up to expectations or potential.

"reality check" is when recruits with a bunch of stars or juco ratings come in and meet up with SEC opposition.

needs to play his position, what a great team player this year, stupid to ridicule an out of position player

when he gets a rebound and runs the length of the floor dribbling between his legs and turns the ball over is when i think he needs to play his position.

when he gets a rebound and runs the length of the floor dribbling between his legs and turns the ball over is when i think he needs to play his position.

Some of the guys coming in do pretty well....and his position will be on the bench IMO. of course it might also help him to lose about 20 pounds.

Coach said that people would start complaining about Bowers starting breaks. He also knew the advantages our team could have if he could get Bowers to make good decisions with the ball. The fact that we weren't that good at pg and Bowers averaged double figures at rebounds you're talking about 8 to 10 free points a game

Coach said that people would start complaining about Bowers starting breaks. He also knew the advantages our team could have if he could get Bowers to make good decisions with the ball. The fact that we weren't that good at pg and Bowers averaged double figures at rebounds you're talking about 8 to 10 free points a game

i wouldn't complain if he made good decisions. He can handle the ball for a offensive tackle.

I've said it before and I stand by it, if Bowers dribbles outside of the three-point line he should go to the bench for a minute. He needs to be in the paint, taking up space and looking for easy put-backs.

Some terms to remember:

"ridicule" is what we do to players on opposing teams...say, like AJ Mc or Mark Ingram.

"Constructive criticism" is what we do for players on AU teams who don't live up to expectations or potential.

"reality check" is when recruits with a bunch of stars or juco ratings come in and meet up with SEC opposition.

No doubt he did not light up the SEC like many expected. Based on Juco numbers many thought he would light it up. But because of the people around him he had to play Center against much bigger players. With the right people around him he will be good. No doubt he needs to work on his FT he leaves to many points on the floor because of that.

Archived