Clear evidence the GOP favors large corporations over the general populace.

homersapien

Example 1: http://www.huffingto...hp_ref=politics

WASHINGTON -- Congressional Republicans kicked off an aggressive, net neutrality "fact-finding" mission on Tuesday, forcing Federal Communications Commission Chairman Tom Wheeler to defend against their allegations that the White House improperly exerted influence on the independent agency's decision process.

At Tuesday's House hearing, Democrats sounded exasperated by Republican tactics, suggesting more than once that popular comedian and talk-show host John Oliver influenced the FCC's decision, and the agency simply listened to the American people.

Last month, the FCC cast a historic vote along party lines in favor of strong net neutrality rules. The decision approves reclassification of consumer broadband Internet as a telecommunications service under Title II of the Communications Act, a move strongly backed by millions of Americans, tech companies like Google and the president, who issued a statement in support of Title II in November.

Most congressional Republicans oppose the new rules and favor looser regulations backed by telecom and cable companies. They are pushing draft legislation that would gut the FCC's strong rules. As part of their anti-net neutrality campaign, Republicans have launched investigations into whether the agency passed strong Internet protections because it was strong-armed by the White House.....

Example 2: http://www.huffingto...hp_ref=politics

WASHINGTON, March 17 (Reuters) - Republican lawmakers took aim at the Dodd-Frank Wall Street reform law Tuesday, unveiling a plan that would gut regulators' authority to manage the collapse of big banks and give Congress direct control of the U.S. consumer finance bureau's budget.

The effort to repeal parts of Dodd-Frank is part of a broader fiscal 2016 budget plan released by the House of Representatives budget committee that calls for eliminating deficits and also repealing the president's signature Affordable Care Act.....

And Democrats favor special interests over the interests of the entire country. Birds of a feather.

And Democrats favor special interests over the interests of the entire country. Birds of a feather.

Democrats love corporations too. Corporations give as much or even more money to the democrats as they do republicans. There are good rich people, like Tom Steyer and George Soros and then there are evil rich people like the Koch Brothers and Donald Trump.

Democrats love corporations too. Corporations give as much or even more money to the democrats as they do republicans. There are good rich people, like Tom Steyer and George Soros and then there are evil rich people like the Koch Brothers and Donald Trump.

Pretty much spot on.

1) Dodd -Frank was a weak reaction to the 2008 Collapse that Dodd & Frank oversaw and were involved in up to their eyeballs. Franks was romantically linked to a bonus collecting regulator for FannieMae/FreddieMac. Dodd was receiving multiple illegal "Friends of Angelo" loans from Countrywide. A company he was supposed to be overseeing. In 2005, both of these esteemed morons fought Bush43 tooth and nail while his administration was trying to reign in the coming disaster of bad loans.

2) Steyer & Soros have purchased lock, stock, and barrel the entire Democrat Party and are using it to enrich themselves and further their concerns at the detriment of the general population.

Anyone that cannot plainly see these two facts is proactively blinding their own eyes to a reality that is intuitively obvious to the most casual observer.

http://www.aufamily....fs-of-the-left/

"...four core features that make it so disturbing: dogmatism, groupthink, a crusader mentality, and anti-intellectualism. "

TRUTH: Both of these parties are just corrupt to the core :bs: artists that have long ago sold their collective souls to the $$$. There might be a slight difference in degree, but from where i stand, the difference in degree does not stop me from openly condemning both. After the 2008 Financial Crisis, the worst since the Depression, the Obama DOJ and Senate & HOR run by the Dems, NOT ONE WALL STREETER was brought to justice, NOT ONE FREAKIN WS BANKER. PERIOD. They blindly bailed out every act of stupidity they could see and punished no one. We now have a set in stone policy of "Too Big to Fail." The Republicans want to eliminate the laws that were written and get back to the devastating level of cowboy banking that caused the 2008 collapse. The Dems want to keep the nearly toothless laws that they are not going to enforce for one minute. In reality, I DO NOT SEE A FUNCTIONAL DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE TWO PARTIES.

That's not manifested by the two examples I presented. Just the opposite.

Pretty much spot on.

1) Dodd -Frank was a weak reaction to the 2008 Collapse that Dodd & Frank oversay and were involved in up to their eyeballs. Franks was romantically linked to a bonus collecting regulator for FannieMae/FreddieMac. Dodd was receiving multiple illegal "Friends of Angelo" loans from Countrywide. A company he was supposed to be overseeing. In 2005, both of these esteemed morons fought Bush43 tooth and nail while his administration was trying to reign in the coming disaster of bad loans.

2) Steyer & Soros have purchased lock, stock, and barrel the entire Democrat Party and are using it to enrich themselves and further their concerns at the detriment of the general population.

Anyone that cannot plainly see these two facts is proactively blinding their own eyes to a reality that is intuitively obvious to the most casual observer.

"...four core features that make it so disturbing: dogmatism, groupthink, a crusader mentality, and anti-intellectualism. "

TRUTH: Both of these parties are just corrupt to the core :bs: artists that have long ago sold their collective souls to the $$$. There might be a slight difference in degree, but from where i stand, the difference in degree does not stop me from openly condemning both. After the 2008 Financial Crisis, the worst since the Depression, the Obama DOJ and Senate & HOR run by the Dems, NOT ONE WALL STREETER was brought to justice, NOT ONE FREAKIN WS BANKER. PERIOD. They blindly bailed out every act of stupidity they could see and punished no one. We now have a set in stone policy of "Too Big to Fail." The Republicans want to eliminate the laws that were written and get back to the devastating level of cowboy banking that caused the 2008 collapse. The Dems want to keep the nearly toothless laws that they are not going to enforce for one minute. In reality, I DO NOT SEE A FUNCTIONAL DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE TWO PARTIES.

History and motivations aside, there's a clear difference in the two parties reflected in the two examples I provided.

Do you agree with the Republican position in both cases?

Pretty much spot on.

1) Dodd -Frank was a weak reaction to the 2008 Collapse that Dodd & Frank oversay and were involved in up to their eyeballs. Franks was romantically linked to a bonus collecting regulator for FannieMae/FreddieMac. Dodd was receiving multiple illegal "Friends of Angelo" loans from Countrywide. A company he was supposed to be overseeing. In 2005, both of these esteemed morons fought Bush43 tooth and nail while his administration was trying to reign in the coming disaster of bad loans.

History and motivations aside, there's a clear difference in the two parties reflected in the two examples I provided.

Hell no. I am more with EW than either party. But i do not think for a second she will be able to implement anything.

There is too much money involved now. $$$ is THE ADDICTION in DC. No one is immune.

Pretty much spot on.

Hell no. I am more with EW than either party. But i do not think for a second she will be able to implement anything.

There is too much money involved now. $$$ is THE ADDICTION in DC. No one is immune.

You like EW? My God man she is a committed leftist in every sense of the word. She is at least as much of one as Obama or Hillary, maybe even more.

Pretty much spot on.

You like EW? My God man she is a committed leftist in every sense of the word. She is at least as much of one as Obama or Hillary, maybe even more.

I could not give a rat's patoot who she identifies with if she is the only player out there advocating a sane approach to the problems in DC.

I know this going to annoy folks on both sides, but I am going to support the IDEAS. I owe no loyalty whatso-freakin-ever to any party, anywhere, anytime. Most of this nation's political problems likely stem from one thing: blind party loyalty. When you support any party that is obviously owned by some collection of 1%ers, be they on the Left or on the Right, then you are part of the problem. I am a part of the growing contingent in America that rejects parties over substance. It may not be now, but someday in the future the two party system in America is either going to self-correct or collapse.

Pretty much spot on.

I could not give a rat's patoot who she identifies with if she is the only player out there advocating a sane approach to the problems in DC.

I know this going to annoy folks on both sides, but I am going to support the IDEAS. I owe no loyalty whatso-freakin-ever to any party, anywhere, anytime. Most of this nation's political problems likely stem from one thing: blind party loyalty. When you support any party that is obviously owned by some collection of 1%ers, be they on the Left or on the Right, then you are part of the problem. I am a part of the growing contingent in America that rejects parties over substance. It may not be now, but someday in the future the two party system in America is either going to self-correct or collapse.

:clap:

Pretty much spot on.

Don't know if you watched the video on corporate morality, but one of the things I came away with is that problems are systemic, which means they can be "fixed", at least in theory.

(I think this position is often misunderstood by conservatives who insist liberals instinctively look to government as if it is a third party that is supposed to offer up solutions. The real point is that solutions - or fixes - do exist and government is the only way we have of executing solutions that are based on laws and regulations. Most - if not all - solutions have such a basis in laws or regulations. But I digress....)

Anyway, we can look at history and see periods in which things operated relatively well compared to today as well as periods that were as bad - if not worse - than today. It's important to note what political remedies were applied and which worked as well as what happened when these remedies were rescinded.

The discouraging thing is we seem to be getting worse. The narrow interpretation of corporate responsibilities - discussed in the wealthtrack.com piece - was a huge regression. Citizens United was a huge regression.

I am encouraged over the few efforts to reform the districting process in California and Arizona. Here's hoping they aren't smashed down by SCOTUS.

Anyway, the fact things are getting worse suggests to me we haven't hit the (proverbial) bottom that forces us to make drastic changes.

Pretty much spot on.

I agree. DKW is right, look at what a candidate stands for and stresses.

Throwing any candidate into either the Republican/conservative or Democratic/liberal box for the purpose of eliminating them for consideration is a reflection of our problem.

Pretty much spot on.

I agree. DKW is right, look at what a candidate stands for and stresses.

Throwing any candidate into either the Republican/conservative or Democratic/liberal box for the purpose of eliminating them for consideration is a reflection of our problem.

But,,, it is convenient for identifying the ideological idiots (those who believe the rhetoric, unconditionally support the phony ideological narrative and, most importantly, want to embrace the "us" versus "them" concept with the foolish notion that only "us" can save the country and the planet). Screw democracy. This is good versus evil. :-\ My party good. Your party evil. Truly dumb and, highly illogical.

Republicans do not have time to worry about such trivial things. We have grannies to push over cliffs and children and puppies to starve.......

Republicans do not have time to worry about such trivial things. We have grannies to push over cliffs and children and puppies to starve.......

But Tim, if we got the thinking people in America to scrap the party loyalty stuff, maybe we would see less and less of this stuff.

In supporting EW's position on rebuilding sanity on Wall Street, i had to literally force my little mind to overlook the fauxcahontas stuff.

But i finally came to realize that as bad as the fauxcahontas stuff was, and how silly i think it made EW look, she was the only one that was clearly advocating a complete restructuring of Glass-Stegall and maybe even more sane reforms for Wall Street.

So, if i have to "hold my nose" and vote for her, i can rationalize that i am supporting the policy.

I can forgive anything. I am the biggest screwup i know. If Warren would just admit the very very very obvious, i think her campaign would go 100% smoother and the rest of America would embrace her far more quickly. America loves a good redemption story. But will she do it? Dont know, but hopefully someone will get her attention and put that exceptionally stupid story behind her.

But Tim, if we got the thinking people in America to scrap the party loyalty stuff, maybe we would see less and less of this stuff.

In supporting EW's position on rebuilding sanity on Wall Street, i had to literally force my little mind to overlook the fauxcahontas stuff.

But i finally came to realize that as bad as the fauxcahontas stuff was, and how silly i think it made EW look, she was the only one that was clearly advocating a complete restructuring of Glass-Stegall and maybe even more sane reforms for Wall Street.

So, if i have to "hold my nose" and vote for her, i can rationalize that i am supporting the policy.

I can forgive anything. I am the biggest screwup i know. If Warren would just admit the very very very obvious, i think her campaign would go 100% smoother and the rest of America would embrace her far more quickly. America loves a good redemption story. But will she do it? Dont know, but hopefully someone will get her attention and put that exceptionally stupid story behind her.

I think you are over-reacting. Everyone has made mistakes, particularly when they are young. In the overall scheme of things this was a very small one.

I certainly wouldn't let something like that define someone. Using such a standard, you will have to hold your nose to vote for anyone, assuming they are human. ;D

But I do admire your ability to look past it, especially considering how big you think it is. :bow: That's the sign of a rational man. ;)

Well i take lying to turn the Equal Opportunity Laws around in your favor AND SCREW A TRUE MINORITY OUT OF A JOB pretty seriously.

You don't have all the answers. Just the opposite.

Well i take lying to turn the Equal Opportunity Laws around in your favor AND SCREW A TRUE MINORITY OUT OF A JOB pretty seriously.

Yeah, too seriously. That's my point. It didn't even profit her. She certainly didn't "screw a true minority out of a job". :-\

I agree with the first sentence. I could not disagree more with the second. Neither predominant ideology holds all, or none, of the answers to the problems in a dynamic world.

But I never claimed to have all the answers. See the difference?

Yeah, too seriously. That's my point. It didn't even profit her. She certainly didn't "screw a true minority out of a job". :-\

Well i never bought the SPLANATION of how she got hired. But like i said, i am over it. Life goes on.

363464b142432b83964b4d0fd8b34010.jpg

Archived