Corporate Morality

homersapien

Reminds me of government. Short term fixes not long term successes.

The insidious, Randian notion that the only duty a corporation has is to make money for its shareholders is one of the most destructive ideas to ever come out of capitalism.

The insidious, Randian notion that the only duty a corporation has is to make money for its shareholders is one of the most destructive ideas to ever come out of capitalism.

I agree.

But I wasn't personally aware of the historical basis refuting this idea.

I think the most influential - if not original - proponent of this philosophy was Milton Freidman, according to the interview.

The only things that matter are next quarter's P&L or, the next election. Long term vision? That would imply that you actually give two *&^*s about anything other than yourself.

The only things that matter are next quarter's P&L or, the next election. Long term vision? That would imply that you actually give two *&^*s about anything other than yourself.

Hear, hear (as I rise to toast the good man).

Oh the stories I could tell.... :no:

That was essentially the basis of my early retirement.

The duty of a corporation is first to survive, making profits for shareholders comes second.

Hmmmm. Maybe we need some Morality in lib fundraising. Too late for barry. New slogan..."Pantsuit - Don't Loot"!!!

Hmmmm. Maybe we need some Morality in lib fundraising. Too late for barry. New slogan..."Pantsuit - Don't Loot"!!!

Wouldn't be a thread in the AUN Politics Forum if it couldn't somehow, some way include a dig at Obama. :rolleyes:

Archived