Sandy Hook. Coverup?

Weegle777

Furthermore, if it were my wife, or one of my kids that died that day and one of these tinfoil hat wearing wingnuts spewed this nearby, I wouldn't be able to restrain myself from trying to beat them senseless.

I'd never say that all conspiracy theories are necessarily false. History contains many cases of real well-documented conspiracies.

But it's a well known psychological reaction to want to give death or disaster more meaning in order to make more sense of our loss. Tying such calamities to some grand conspiracy or a super powerful cabal gives them more significance. Having to accept that they are merely the acts of a lone nut or a random act of nature makes our losses feel more trivial or senseless.

And of course, conspiracy theories sell books and garner media attention. There are always those eager to exploit a disaster and the emotions of the survivors for the sake of money and/or attention. Also, unfortunately, in today's media facts are often play second fiddle to sensationalism.

I'd never say that all conspiracy theories are necessarily false. History contains many cases of real well-documented conspiracies.

But it's a well known psychological reaction to want to give death or disaster more meaning in order to make more sense of our loss. Tying such calamities to some grand conspiracy or a super powerful cabal gives them more significance. Having to accept that they are merely the acts of a lone nut or a random act of nature makes our losses feel more trivial or senseless.

And of course, conspiracy theories sell books and garner media attention. There are always those eager to exploit a disaster and the emotions of the survivors for the sake of money and/or attention. Also, unfortunately, in today's media facts are often play second fiddle to sensationalism.

I think this has particular case more to do with a hardcore ideology. Most of this is being pushed by extreme gun-rights advocates (with some support from general anti-govt types). Their biggest fears are either incremental erosion of gun ownership right or some cataclysmic event creating a groundswell of emotional overreaction that results in new restrictions or gun ownership. Sandy Hook looked like it had the potential to be a big gamechanger in the vein of the latter. So naturally, these folks started looking for holes and ways to undermine that impulse. Some took it to the extreme of it being a big gov't conspiracy to gin up support for gun control.

I posted in this thread,I think. It's not here now. Was it removed by a mod?

Not seeing any posts deleted from this thread. It must not have gone through.

I posted in this thread,I think. It's not here now. Was it removed by a mod?

Not seeing any posts deleted from this thread. It must not have gone through.

ok. I mentioned the many claims I have seen declaring planes never struck the World Trade Center either. Nuts don't consider how many people would have to be deeply involved to pull off a conspiracy of this kind and how if just one flipped it would be the biggest disaster in the history of the world. Those who at any point claimed these conspiracy theories might have legitimacy have issues in logical thinking. Quite frankly are gullible beyond help.

Sandy Hook lacks any direct involvement by politicians in the shooting which is when most conspiracies start. The later investigation always involves politicians who sometimes attempt to protect themselves from blame or to obtain political advantage.

The JFK assassination involved both. Politicians were murdered and wounded apparently by a lone rifleman who while in police custody was murdered by another person associated with organized crime.

The investigating committee could not explain how a lone rifleman could have carried out the attack on JFK and Connelly except by the use of a "Magic Bullet Theory" created by a young attorney named Arlen Specter.

Years later documents were found indicating that Bobby Kennedy and the CIA withheld evidence from the commission about mafia and Cuban involvement that would have at the least embarrassed and damaged Bobby Kennedy's political career. http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2015/02/warren-commission-jfk-investigators-114812_Page2.html#.VQr9-OGyqKw

It baffles me that anyone can be naive and stupid enough to grant ideas like this more than a second's thought.

Archived