Racism. What are You Doing About It?

Weegle777

If you are one that thinks that racism is rampant in this country still, what, besides arguing on a message board, are you actively doing about it?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having friends of other races and having fun with them without race being any issue.

i don't mention race with my freinds of different races often. When it does come up, we handle it much differently than it is handled here.

Having friends of other races and having fun with them without race being any issue.

I think that is a good answer. You can not save the world but, you can always make a difference in your little corner of it. That is where it has to start.

However, when it comes to politics, I think we have to consider a broader perspective and, the lingering effects of institutionalized racism.

My friends and employees of other races seem to handle it as MLK suggested. We treat each other as members of the HUMAN race. A good moral man or woman is just that. Instead of gloming onto differences, why not focus on what we have in common. Yes, we ARE our Brothers keeper.......

My friends and employees of other races seem to handle it as MLK suggested. We treat each other as members of the HUMAN race. A good moral man or woman is just that. Instead of gloming onto differences, why not focus on what we have in common. Yes, we ARE our Brothers keeper.......

Except Muslims, right?

Except Muslims, right?

Radical murdering muslim terrorist would not be welcomed.......Would you bring them into your circle of "friends"?.......

Except Muslims, right?

Radical murdering muslim terrorist would not be welcomed.......Would you bring them into your circle of "friends"?.......

You're the one who said ALL Muslims should be killed so in your mind there's no difference.

Except Muslims, right?

You're the one who said ALL Muslims should be killed so in your mind there's no difference.

Troll. Aren't you late for your meeting? Zing!

Except Muslims, right?

What meeting Mr. Islamaphobe?

Except Muslims, right?

Right on time. Lib loses and the name calling begins. Priceless!!!

Except Muslims, right?

Right on time. Lib loses and the name calling begins. Priceless!!!

What meeting am I late for? Is it really name calling when you have written, on this forum that we should kill ALL Muslims?

This:

“I don't care if you're black, white, straight, bisexual, gay, lesbian, short, tall, fat, skinny, rich or poor. If you're nice to me, I'll be nice to you. Simple as that.”

Eminem

This:

“I don't care if you're black, white, straight, bisexual, gay, lesbian, short, tall, fat, skinny, rich or poor. If you're nice to me, I'll be nice to you. Simple as that.”

Eminem

bingo

This:

"I don't care if you're black, white, straight, bisexual, gay, lesbian, short, tall, fat, skinny, rich or poor. If you're nice to me, I'll be nice to you. Simple as that."

Eminem

Amen

If you really want to make a difference that is extremely rewarding might i suggest Big Brothers Big Sisters or Habitat for Humanity. You will not forget the experience. Guaranteed.

I think a better question is people who thinks a majority of people are lying or don't think it's that bad what are you doing to find out?

If you are one that thinks that racism is rampant in this country still, what, besides arguing on a message board, are you actively doing about it?

I don't think it's rampant. It exists, sure. But sadly, like Rush said in '08, electing Obama & his crowd of radicals has taken us backwards.

I think a better question is people who thinks a majority of people are lying or don't think it's that bad what are you doing to find out?

"To find out?"? Each day I go with what I experience. I've been a content of character kind of guy who doesn't look at skin color as a litmus test.

Working with juvenile delinquents, many who are poor, many who are minorities, many who due to their environment and background may very well have never had a white person demonstrate a sense of basic humanity with them. Letting my actions speak for themselves in my daily relationships, avoiding the "white knight" complex, just simply living out the Golden Rule as best I can.

"To find out?"? Each day I go with what I experience. I've been a content of character kind of guy who doesn't look at skin color as a litmus test.

You seem like a good dude and even you are so set on you don't want to hear about racism that when an argument or question come up you're going to focus on trying to make a point that everybody is racist or whatnot. Fact is racism isn't equal either. Some people just don't want to hear it.

As far as what are you doing about it, what can you do? You can live your life and try to be an example but who really notices? You can try to speak on it but most people who are racist aren't going to be public about it and you are looked at as a trouble maker.

I can just go off of my personal experience, tell you all some stories of things I went through as a young man growing up in the south....most would just roll their eyes. Like when I told about my experience in Huntsville (Madison) there were some people that automatically stood with the police. Some people didn't see a problem at all....Then the stuff happened with the policeman caught on tape beating the old man up, I saw a previous story about police coming in a nice neighborhood and barging in an electrical engineers home and arresting a bunch of professionals inside because they didn't think they'd be living in a house like that, and I think how could you say there isn't a problem?

Little secret for ya... equality in all things will never happen. It's simply not how nature works.

I'm not a racist person, and I don't think that it's as big of a problem as it is made out to be so the responsibility isn't on me to do anything about it. I don't owe anything to anyone other than to respect them for who they are.

Archived