Racism. What are You Doing About It?

Weegle777

Responsibility shouldn't be on me to be treated equally and fairly. That's great that you're not a racist, great that more than likely you won't have to go through any stupid situations because of your skin color that you couldn't pick. But for you not to be a guy who may or may not be targeted and then deem it's not that bad is mind boggling to me. How do you feel like you could know? You think a guy who is racist and persecutes somebody goes and reports to you what they have done? Only thing you can go by is listening to victims but the new thing now is to not believe them. I can write out things I've went through you'd just read them and say it's not that bad......well to you maybe not but to me who's on the receiving end I beg to differ

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You are correct, I have never walked in your shoes, and you have never walked in mine. I have said over and over that there will always be ignorant idiots on this planet who will not like someone for their skin color, hair color, or some other stupid reason, I get that, but what I am saying is that if it is a huge problem in your life, do something. Heck, there are people that do not like me because I shave my head bald! To them, I am a white supremacist for no other reason other than my baldness.

And am I not American? It's not on you to do nothing about it? Just do it myself? No point in history where a minority was oppressed and made any progress without some help from the majority. But if there was a war going on would you have that same attitude then?

Also you're making light of a situation. Unless you have been humiliated or had your rights taken from you, your bald head example doesn't equate. Now if you had your butt kicked every now and again because you are bald that would be different and I doubt if that was happening you'd say it's no big deal

Me and Cole have talked about this before on other forums...

It's hard to relate because I somehow got to live in a near-racist free utopia of America, most of my friends over my life might have been black, but if they're a majority it's a slim one. Problems never arose for any of us really, with cops sure but never with just civvie on civvie racism or soldier on soldier racism.

Racism was never really a thing growing up besides with the older people (like grandparents/GreatGrands being raised before the civil rights movement). The only real instance I can think of that I was around for was one of my friends grandmothers yelling at him for bringing another friend inside the house (who was white), she yelled out "what do you mean bringing that boy in my home? you know white folk bring nothing but trouble" (it was such an unexpected event that I still remember her exact words 17 years later)... It was also damn embarrassing for him but we all just kinda looked at it as previous generations being old and backwards.

Whenever it was encountered then it was just shrugged off as "well, what ya gonna do?" just let their hate die with them.

Mims.......I had many black friends growing up too.. We used to play together after school and all that. My difficulty today is dealing with anyone who has a chip on their shoulder and a "you owe me attitude."

I've never said anybody owes me anything I'm fine. My fight for justice is more so I can stay fine.....But as far as equality damn right you owe me that, I'm a man just like you. I'm not begging or asking for a gift....

I find it disturbing that anyone can say, "I don't owe anyone, anything" or "it's not my responsibility". That is hardly the attitude of a responsible citizen or member of a society. Making the world a better place, not only for ourselves but, the people around us, is what life is all about. An underlying attitude of arrogance, defensiveness and/or indifference is a big part of the problem and only hinders the solutions.

Too many of us are very selective about the meaning of being "our brothers keeper". We can be very quick to judge, criticize, cast out yet, very slow to encourage, support, embrace.

The demise of the Christian church will not be at the hands of the state. I will be squarely upon the shoulders of Christians who chose the "law" over the love of Christ. It will be on the Christians and churches who have chosen to judge, rule over, and exclude their fellow man rather than projecting the love, compassion, and mercy of Christ towards their fellow man.

If you are one that thinks that racism is rampant in this country still, what, besides arguing on a message board, are you actively doing about it?

I don't think it's rampant. It exists, sure. But sadly, like Rush said in '08, electing Obama & his crowd of radicals has taken us backwards.

Nonsense. It takes a real scoundrel to use race as the basis for political arguments. It's like using patriotism for political arguments.

But it doesn't surprise me that you look to Rush Limbaugh on such matters.

I think a better question is people who thinks a majority of people are lying or don't think it's that bad what are you doing to find out?

"To find out?"? Each day I go with what I experience. I've been a content of character kind of guy who doesn't look at skin color as a litmus test.

But you're a white guy, right?

Ok. Let's do this. Tell me what you would have me do that I am not already doing by loving everyone, setting an example of loving people no matter their skin color or race, raising my children to know no difference in race, skin color, or ethnicity, and treating all people with respect. I'm open to any thought.

Ok. Let's do this. Tell me what you would have me do that I am not already doing by loving everyone, setting an example of loving people no matter their skin color or race, raising my children to know no difference in race, skin color, or ethnicity, and treating all people with respect. I'm open to any thought.

Nothing can possibly be added. You've got it covered.

Nothing can possibly be added. You've got it covered.

I don't know WT, I have a feeling that I am about to be bombarded with links to protest sites.

Well you say do something about it, what am I supposed to do besides obeying laws and carrying myself in a respectable way and integrating with ALL society? Why do I have to do something about getting something every human is supposed to get?

This:

"I don't care if you're black, white, straight, bisexual, gay, lesbian, short, tall, fat, skinny, rich or poor. If you're nice to me, I'll be nice to you. Simple as that."

"Just dont give me any of your @#$%, Beyotch!"

"Put Anthrax on a Tampax and slap you till you can't stand." -- Eminem, "Superman"

Eminem is the same "lovable" rapper who wrote a chillingly realistic song ("Kim") about murdering his wife (whose real name is Kim), and putting her body in the trunk of his car, interspersed with loving references to their daughter Hallie (their real-life daughter is named Hallie). This is the same "cute" guy who angrily raps about catching diseases from "ho's." ("Drips") This is the same "adorable" man who constantly unleashes torrents of verbal aggression against women, even though he is so sensitive to the potential wounding power of words that he famously refuses to use the "n-word." Why is it not okay for a white rapper to diss "niggers," but it is okay for a man to express contempt for "bitches" and "ho's.

Well I can be as gentle and as smooth as a gentleman

Give me my venom, an inhaler, and two Xenadrine,

And I'll invite Sarah Palin out to dinner, then

Nail her. Baby, say hello to my little friend.

Eminem

Amen

Guess eminem was honest enough to not mention being female in that, because he sure has some more problems with the ladies...

http://www.jacksonka...om/eminem2.html

http://www.democrati...ound.com/dis...

http://www.abc.net.a...tories/2008/... not specifically eminem, but still...

http://www.huffingto...t_n_183958.html

Cole, i have a sincere question for you. Do you ever see or recall times when people claimed to be victims of racism and you knew that was not the case?

If you are one that thinks that racism is rampant in this country still, what, besides arguing on a message board, are you actively doing about it?

I don't think it's rampant. It exists, sure. But sadly, like Rush said in '08, electing Obama & his crowd of radicals has taken us backwards.

Nonsense. It takes a real scoundrel to use race as the basis for political arguments. It's like using patriotism for political arguments.

But it doesn't surprise me that you look to Rush Limbaugh on such matters.

Rush wasn't using race for any political basis. what so ever. It was just an accurate observation, based on his knowledge of how THE LEFT , both in and out of political power, would react. And he was 100 % dead on right. It has nothing to do w/ LOOKING to anyone on " such matters " , it was just a prediction he made, which clearly came to fruition.

But glad you think those who do are scoundrels, like DICK Durbin and Corine ' go Gata ' Brown.

I think a better question is people who thinks a majority of people are lying or don't think it's that bad what are you doing to find out?

"To find out?"? Each day I go with what I experience. I've been a content of character kind of guy who doesn't look at skin color as a litmus test.

You seem like a good dude and even you are so set on you don't want to hear about racism that when an argument or question come up you're going to focus on trying to make a point that everybody is racist or whatnot. Fact is racism isn't equal either. Some people just don't want to hear it.

As far as what are you doing about it, what can you do? You can live your life and try to be an example but who really notices? You can try to speak on it but most people who are racist aren't going to be public about it and you are looked at as a trouble maker.

I can just go off of my personal experience, tell you all some stories of things I went through as a young man growing up in the south....most would just roll their eyes. Like when I told about my experience in Huntsville (Madison) there were some people that automatically stood with the police. Some people didn't see a problem at all....Then the stuff happened with the policeman caught on tape beating the old man up, I saw a previous story about police coming in a nice neighborhood and barging in an electrical engineers home and arresting a bunch of professionals inside because they didn't think they'd be living in a house like that, and I think how could you say there isn't a problem?

Where did I state that I didn't want to hear about it? I just stated my opinion on it. And yes....I know that every race is capable of racism. It's been proven through analytical research.

Lol. Ok

lol? Deny it? The facts are out there. Humans have some uncanny traits. Unfortunately we tend to allow the bad ones to surface if we don't work to change them within our society. If you think only whites can be racist I'm a bit ashamed. You are too smart for that.

That's not close to being mentioned anywhere in this thread but if racism comes up that sure is where you will take it. Sorry if you feel a type of way that white people in this country have more extensive hate rap sheet than others in this country. I don't blame you for not wanting to acknowledge it....it is what it is though

Ignoring it.

That's not close to being mentioned anywhere in this thread but if racism comes up that sure is where you will take it. Sorry if you feel a type of way that white people in this country have more extensive hate rap sheet than others in this country. I don't blame you for not wanting to acknowledge it....it is what it is though

The first thing that you should stop doing is referring to anyone with lighter colored skin as "white people". It is an all-inclusive racially charged term. My skin is olive colored, not white.

The first thing that you should stop doing is referring to anyone with lighter colored skin as "white people". It is an all-inclusive racially charged term. My skin is olive colored, not white.

What is your point? Would you consider yourself to be caucasian?

Archived