UVA Student

Texan4Auburn

Officer Wilson did nothing wrong. Feel good about how that worked out?

Who is talking about him? Stay on topic. There have been enough more egregious instances to not dwell on that. Literally hundreds just last year.

Make your case as to why its ok that cops are virtually NEVER punished for wrongdoing, why they deserve blanket immunity from criminal prosecution, or take your deflection somewhere else.

that is the topic. If not for "hands up don't shoot, we would not have heard about this uva deal. It really isn't worthy of national news. Just stoking flames.

Without HUDS, you still have Tamir Rice, Eric Garner, John Crawford, Gil Collar, James Boyd, Charly Keunang, Kelly Thomas, Joseph Jennings, Dillon Taylor... should I go on? I very easily could.

This issue has been building for years. Ferguson just gave the media the perfect opportunity to make sure swarms of white people who have no experience with dirty cops wouldn't give a &^%$.

you could also list the names of cops killed by suspects during that same period.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who is talking about him? Stay on topic. There have been enough more egregious instances to not dwell on that. Literally hundreds just last year.

Make your case as to why its ok that cops are virtually NEVER punished for wrongdoing, why they deserve blanket immunity from criminal prosecution, or take your deflection somewhere else.

that is the topic. If not for "hands up don't shoot, we would not have heard about this uva deal. It really isn't worthy of national news. Just stoking flames.

Without HUDS, you still have Tamir Rice, Eric Garner, John Crawford, Gil Collar, James Boyd, Charly Keunang, Kelly Thomas, Joseph Jennings, Dillon Taylor... should I go on? I very easily could.

This issue has been building for years. Ferguson just gave the media the perfect opportunity to make sure swarms of white people who have no experience with dirty cops wouldn't give a &^%$.

you could also list the names of cops killed by suspects during that same period.

I could, but its a substantially smaller list, and those suspects are in prison. You guys must be NASCAR fans, seeing how you seem to enjoy moving in circles.

In a country over 300 MILLION, yeah, you're gonna have a % of folks who don't act right , some of them do wear a badge. I brought officer Wilson up for the obvious reason, he did nothing wrong, and yet he's forced to give up his job and likely his career. Some good guys get shown the door, while some bad guys stay on. Sucks, but that's life in the big bad world we live in.

And when they do- provided they don't wear a costume and a tin badge- they go to prison.

Sucks for him. IMO, he did not deserve to be vilified the way he was. Probably didn't HAVE to kill Brown to neutralize the threat, but was nonetheless justified in a split-second scenario. But if I had been in his shoes, having been allowed a firsthand glimpse of all the systemic problems in that department and the tinderbox it was creating, I'd have gotten out of Dodge the first opportunity.

I could, but its a substantially smaller list, and those suspects are in prison. You guys must be NASCAR fans, seeing how you seem to enjoy moving in circles.

its certainly not a smaller list.

I don't know but I'd bet Wilson has more money now than he EVER would have earned his entire career

I don't know but I'd bet Wilson has more money now than he EVER would have earned his entire career

you may be right.

http://reason.com/blog/2014/12/09/more-than-1000-people-have-been-killed-b

http://www.mintpressnews.com/us-police-murdered-5000-innocent-civilians-since-911/172029/

http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/another-much-higher-count-of-police-homicides/

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2014/11/24/fbi-reports-27-cops-were-killed-last-year-but-how-many-civilians-were-killed-by-officers/

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2014/11/24/fbi-reports-27-cops-were-killed-last-year-but-how-many-civilians-were-killed-by-officers/

you may be right.

Zimmerman, the guy who choked garner from the back, the policemen who were suspended and caught on tape beating the hell out of that black guy driving the car then arrested him for existing arrest, the guy who shot the kid who he said he thought he had a gun, the old man you shot the kid down that was taking out the garbage, the policemen who played college football that was charged with raping those black women when he'd respond to any call....I bet all those guys had money raised for them...people talk about Sharpton or whatever but what case did the other side not make money off of it? Even the cases with video tape showing wrong doing....

http://reason.com/bl...e-been-killed-b

http://www.mintpress...nce-911/172029/

http://fivethirtyeig...lice-homicides/

http://www.washingto...ed-by-officers/

http://www.washingto...ed-by-officers/

i think we are arguing different points.

We are? Seems that you clearly stated your belief that more cops have been killed by suspects in recent history, and the articles I posted show otherwise. What did I misinterpret?

We are? Seems that you clearly stated your belief that more cops have been killed by suspects in recent history, and the articles I posted show otherwise. What did I misinterpret?

i thought the subject was black men "wrongfully" killed by racist cops, supposedly. opposed to cops being killed in the line of duty by black males.

In a country over 300 MILLION, yeah, you're gonna have a % of folks who don't act right , some of them do wear a badge. I brought officer Wilson up for the obvious reason, he did nothing wrong, and yet he's forced to give up his job and likely his career. Some good guys get shown the door, while some bad guys stay on. Sucks, but that's life in the big bad world we live in.

And when they do- provided they don't wear a costume and a tin badge- they go to prison.

Sucks for him. IMO, he did not deserve to be vilified the way he was. Probably didn't HAVE to kill Brown to neutralize the threat, but was nonetheless justified in a split-second scenario. But if I had been in his shoes, having been allowed a firsthand glimpse of all the systemic problems in that department and the tinderbox it was creating, I'd have gotten out of Dodge the first opportunity.

I think the claims of "racism " in the dept have been over blown to give Holder, Obama and the DOJ cover for making this literally a federal case. It wasn't. It isn't.

Archived