Is Michelle's Mom Racist?

Proud Tiger

Now we will be told that only whites can be racists...

That could be true depending on whether you are using the term colloquially or in the academic sense, as I mentioned here. You even replied that I stated the issue well.

If using in the way that I mentioned, then it could be said (confession: I can't watch the video here at work) that her mom is guilty of racial prejudice. But technically one would not call her "racist."

"I worry about the race mixing because of the difficulties"

Fair statement. Only in less than the last 20 years have people in the United States accepted mixed couples. It did cause difficulties for many couples and it did cause difficulties for their children. Even still today mixed couples will get looks and whispers behind their backs. Not as much as they use to, but it still happens. Doesn't even have to be a mixed couple, have a relative that adopted their children overseas and they would get looks of disapproval or comments behind their backs.

Then those couples catch if from both sides, not just one.

For discussion among civil people.

By all means, discuss away. I say she is not racist and this thread is worthless.

I never said she is racist, hence the question mark in the title. FWIW I don't think she is racist either. If you think the thread is worthless why comment on it?

That could be true depending on whether you are using the term colloquially or in the academic sense, as I mentioned here. You even replied that I stated the issue well.

If using in the way that I mentioned, then it could be said (confession: I can't watch the video here at work) that her mom is guilty of racial prejudice. But technically one would not call her "racist."

Folks here do not consider technicalities. They just call others racist on a regular basis.

Even in that heavily edited short clip, I didn't see anything too damning.

Headline makes it sound far worse than it appeared.

Folks here do not consider technicalities. They just call others racist on a regular basis.

Hmm really? What folks?

A 22 second clip from 11 years ago!? What's the context? What's the point of this thread?

He's trying to improve his average of racially-based threads appearing at any given time on page one from 2.5 to 3.0+.

Archived