UNELECTABLE: Please discuss your opinions on who should be unelectable.

DKW 86

http://2016.republican-candidates.org/

DKW's Not Gonna happen List:

JEB: Dynasty Issues

Cruz: IMHO the man is nutz.

Trump: a B-List Celeb with no qualifications.

Santorum: scary fundie IMHO.

Huckabee: borderline scary fundie IMHO.

Carson: very weak resume, non-qualified.

Jindal: Goes off rails from time to time. Not ready for prime time yet.

Ryan: more important work on balanced budget in the HOR. Too young. VP Candidate maybe?

Perry: Too damaged from last primary season.

Huntsman: Who?

Haley: VP Candidate maybe?

Fiorina: VP Candidate maybe?

Brown: Not qualified.

Brownback: Too fundie for me.

Ayotte: VP Candidate maybe?

Possible Valid Candidates:

Kasich

Christie: Is he damaged from Bridgegate? Seems MSNBC is dedicated to demonizing him and stopping his run.

Rubio: VP Candidate maybe?

Rice: VP Candidate maybe?

Could Easily See Supporting:

Paul: I like his points so far. Only really interesting candidate in the field.

Walker: Seems to have the passion. Education questions maybe?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't rule out Carson just yet. He does have a large hurdle to overcome but it's way too early to say he isn't electable. Bush has ticked off the conservatives with supporting amnesty and common core. I think the lack of a college degree isn't going to hurt Walker much. Heck it may be a help in some quarters. Some will hold that against him but frankly 90% of them won't vote for him anyway.

PMSnbc chooses anyone BUT Christie...

Unelectable:

Ted Cruz

Rand Paul

Donald Trump

Elizabeth Warren

John Huntsman

Rick Santorum

Mike Huckabee

Bobby Jindal

Should be unelectable, but aren't:

Hillary Clinton - slimy and unscrupulous

Joe Biden - walking gaffe machine. too 'handsy' with the females

Electable:

Ben Carson

Jeb Bush

Scott Walker

John Kasich

I don't see Paul running successfully in a general election. He might do OK in some primaries. The country would have to change a lot to accept him as a candidate.

Christie is admired for his in your face attitude, but I don't see him winning due to his northeastern liberal republican background and the dirty NJ politics that the press would go after and try to link to him.

Walker, Rubio and maybe Kasich should be the only 3 running in the primaries. The rest are old news, damaged, or just running for ego reasons (Trump).

I don't really start comparing candidates until late into primary season. I prefer to let the primaries thin the herd before I start doing serious research on the contenders. (Of course, my liberal vote is basically meaningless when it comes to the electoral college, living as I do in Alabama.)

But two names no one has mentioned, not that either has actually declared. ( ...and neither should waste their time or ours doing so):

Sarah Palin

Michele Bachmann

Throw in Donald Trump, and I think you have a perfect trifecta of unelectable loonies. JMO.

I don't really start comparing candidates until late into primary season. I prefer to let the primaries thin the herd before I start doing serious research on the contenders. (Of course, my liberal vote is basically meaningless when it comes to the electoral college, living as I do in Alabama.)

But two names no one has mentioned, not that either has actually declared. ( ...and neither should waste their time or ours doing so):

Sarah Palin

Michele Bachmann

Throw in Donald Trump, and I think you have a perfect trifecta of unelectable loonies. JMO.

They were so unelectable I couldn't even put them in the "some people think maybe, but no" column.

The unions will eat Walker alive in any national election.

Union influence is overrated.

MSNBC's Christie obsession is only equaled by FNC's Hillary obsession. And the world turns.

Equal? Not even close IMHO...

I feel like Biden is unelectable, although I personally like him. Clinton gets the nomination (and likely the Presidency) but I agree there is a shadiness about her that I can't stand.

Wisconsin unions thought that as well...

Scott Walker = Unelectable Jeb will be the party nominee. Sorry.

Wrong as usual...

The money and organization game is a completely different animal in the general election.

The money and organization game is a completely different animal in the general election.

If unions were that powerful, they'd have derailed GWB too.

Other than Clinton and Biden, are there any serious Democratic candidates out there this cycle?

Warren is the only one I see but only if Hillary gets knocked out.

Other than Clinton and Biden, are there any serious Democratic candidates out there this cycle?

I like Warren's populism and stance regarding the big banks. But I can't square hardly anything else she's for with my convictions enough to vote for her.

Martin O'Malley and Jim Webb

If unions were that powerful, they'd have derailed GWB too.

Bush didn't have the personal vendetta for the unions the way Walker does.

And it's even more than the money and logistics, his story will be framed as very anti-working man.

I like Warren's populism and stance regarding the big banks. But I can't square hardly anything else she's for with my convictions enough to vote for her.

Warning, you're not going to like any Democratic candidates stance on abortion. ;)

Archived