UNELECTABLE: Please discuss your opinions on who should be unelectable.

DKW 86

Other than Clinton and Biden, are there any serious Democratic candidates out there this cycle?

Martin O'Malley and Jim Webb

No O'Malley. There's a reason MD now has a Republican governor. He took it too far, and I used to live in MD. I didn't vote for him either time and I'm a Democrat.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel like Biden is unelectable, although I personally like him. Clinton gets the nomination (and likely the Presidency) but I agree there is a shadiness about her that I can't stand.

unless HRC implodes on several issues, i feel you are right about the Dem side.

Other than Clinton and Biden, are there any serious Democratic candidates out there this cycle?

Warren is the only one I see but only if Hillary gets knocked out.

HRC is still going to have to implode several times to lose it at this moment.

The unions will eat Walker alive in any national election.

Really? That's a battle he would welcome. They've already tried three times and failed miserably. He just keeps right on steamrolling them. Unions are not that powerful or popular outside the democrat party. The things he did are very popular with the electorate at large throughout the country. He actually stood for the working man who doesn't want to belong to a union to get a job.

Hillary has numerous issues with her past activites, her health, mixing government and her private foundation business, and she will be 69 years old in 2016. Nothing has gone right for her since leaving State. She needs to head home and retire.

Biden is a parody of himself. He does not appear to have handlers or perhaps he just doesn't listen to them. He'll be 74 years old in 2016 and will have spent the last 44 years inside the DC beltway as a Senator and VP. New ideas and blood are needed. He's only electable if he has a very weak opponent

Warren has no executive experience in government or business. She has only held elected office for 2 years. She was a real law professor at Harvard. She'll be 67 years old if she was to run. Only electable if she has a very weak opponent or a 3rd party conservative candidate appears.

Democrats will need another younger out of nowhere candidate to come forward.

If the Republicans will nominate a conservative instead of another McCain or Romney type candidate, they'll win easily against whoever the democrats put up against them.

Let's get real, there's not a candidate out there on either side who will beat Hillary unless she self implodes.

This is wishful thinking at best and seriously hilarious. HRC is unelectable. She's a self serving hypocrite who has always acted as if the rules do not apply to her. She got fired from her first job for unethical behavior and that pattern has followed her throughout her career. Aside from the fact that she has NEVER accomplished a damned thing, she is arguably the least likable candidate I have ever seen and a horrible campaigner.

Whether we're talking about the Rose Law firm billing records, White Water, Travel Gate, the bimbo eruptions, her miserable failure as Secretary of State wherein ALL of her policies were colossal failures and now her defiant unwillingness to abide by the same rules she used to fired other State Dept employees for not following. In keeping with her past, she acts like she's above the law. "Hillary has 2 comfort zones...either deep in a bunker or high on a pedestal but when she's dragged out of the former or down from the latter she completely at sea." This sums up why she will never be POTUS....ever and I am utterly amazed so many democrats are so confident that she will.

Let's get real, there's not a candidate out there on either side who will beat Hillary unless she self implodes.

I think the myth of Hillary Diane is far greater than the woman.

Give me some of what you're smoking. That must be some good stuff.

I don't see Rand Paul as electable, particularly because of his foreign policy positions.

I am not sure what those are specifically. I imagine radical isolationist statements?

Do you think there's anything that couldn't be "walked back"?

Unelectable:

Ted Cruz

Rand Paul

Donald Trump

Elizabeth Warren

John Huntsman

Rick Santorum

Mike Huckabee

Bobby Jindal

Should be unelectable, but aren't:

Hillary Clinton - slimy and unscrupulous

Joe Biden - walking gaffe machine. too 'handsy' with the females

Electable:

Ben Carson

Jeb Bush

Scott Walker

John Kasich

Carson is not electable IMO. He's ruled himself out. He's the black Huckabee.

Hillary will pull almost all of the liberal, progressive, Democratic and black vote plus a majority of the woman and Hispanic vote. That alone puts her over the top.

Those who easily dismiss this also have to easily dismiss she's leading in every early poll. To call her "unelectable" is ridiculous.

Poll: Hillary Clinton still tops in 2016

Hillary Clinton continues to be a dominant force heading into the 2016 presidential election, according to a new CNN/ORC poll. The former secretary of state maintains a broad lead over the field of potential Democratic challengers she could face in a nomination contest and sizable advantages over the leading contenders from the Republican side in general election match-ups.

Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush tops the possible field for the Republican Party's nomination race, followed by Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker, Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul, former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee and former neurosurgeon Ben Carson all in a tight cluster.

But none of the top candidates in this field gets within 10 points of Hillary Clinton in a series of hypothetical general election matchups.

Rand Paul comes closest, with 43% saying they'd be more likely to back him while 54% choose Clinton. The two candidates who currently top the GOP field, Bush and Walker, match up equally against Clinton, with each carrying 40% to her 55%. Huckabee gets 41% to Clinton's 55% and Carson has 40% to Clinton's 56%.

In the race for the Democratic presidential nomination, Clinton holds a nearly 50-point lead over Vice President Joe Biden, her closest competitor in the field, 62% to 15%. Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren rounds out the top three on the Democratic side with 10%. No other potential candidate tops 5%.

And Democrats broadly believe the party's chances to hold the White House in 2016 are strongest with Clinton; 68% say so, while 30% say the party would have a better shot with someone else leading the ticket.

Though Clinton's favorability rating has taken a hit recently, her prospects in 2016 appear largely unchanged compared to polls conducted before news broke about her use of a personal email address and home-based server while serving as secretary of state.

http://www.cnn.com/2...l-clinton-bush/

Unelectable? Get real.

If it really ends up being Jeb vs. Hillary for all the marbles, then it becomes clear that I must either move to Alaska or leave the country. In that scenario, America will have clearly lost its mind.

JEB: Should be unelectable, but GOP base has an established history of falling in love with terrible candidates when they're told to.

Cruz: Agreed. Caters to a dying era. Modernize, or go home.

Trump: Agreed

Santorum: scary fundie IMHO.- Agree wholeheartedly. A Google search should be enough to do him in.

Huckabee: borderline scary fundie IMHO.- Nothing borderline about it.

Carson: very weak resume, non-qualified.- Agreed, and same as Cruz

Jindal: Has his moments, but not his time

Ryan: more important work on balanced budget in the HOR. Too young. VP Candidate maybe?- Snake oil salesman, not truly interesting in balancing the budget

Perry: Too damaged from last primary season.- Agreed

Huntsman: Who?- To this point, the only GOP candidate I'd be willing to support other than Rand. Very statesmanlike. If only he could get past the fundies.

Haley: VP Candidate maybe?- Would like to know more, hasn't developed enough depth for the national stage

Fiorina: VP Candidate maybe?- Ugh

Brown: Not qualified.-Agreed. Why? just why? Are we voting for a Ken doll?

Brownback: Too fundie for me.- Agreed. Will set the GOP back a generation

Ayotte: VP Candidate maybe?- Too bland.

Possible Valid Candidates:

Kasich-too establishment

Christie: Is he damaged from Bridgegate? Seems MSNBC is dedicated to demonizing him and stopping his run.- Irrevocably damaged, and dangerous

Rubio: VP Candidate maybe?-Terrible foreign policy, offers nothing special in any other category

Rice: VP Candidate maybe?-Terrible foreign policy, tainted by Bush

Could Easily See Supporting:

Paul: I like his points so far. Only really interesting candidate in the field. You- I like you.

Walker: Seems to have the passion. Education questions maybe? - Not all he's cracked up to be, too status quo in many ways

I think she wins the primaries, With an outsider candidate, i think the Reps could pull it off. Clinton Fatigue is real even within the Democrat Base.

If it is JEB V HRC, God help us.

If that is all we can come up with for candidates in a nation of 300M+, we suck as a nation.

But maybe we will finally get a Third or Fourth party nation.

1) The Real Left in America cant stand HRC. That is why there are numerous Draft Warren sites already up.

2) The Real Right in America cant stand JEB. If the Reps nominate JEB, they will see MANY MANY folks just stay home again like they did on 2012.

Of the two, i would have to hold my nose and support HRC. At least with a Rep Controlled Senate and HOR, HRC can counter any really crazy crap.

JEB? I just dont care. After the sadly pathetic Bush43 presidency, i cant stand the idea of another Bush in the WH. Bush43 was an absolute disaster on so many levels. but to me personally, it was his complete mattress-backing the extremely crazy level;s of spending that i cannot abide. He talked Fiscal Conservative and delivered ZERO. Folks, i wont even listen to JEB. Burn me once...

Or, to paraphrase his brother,

“There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, burn me once, shame on — shame on you. Burn me — you can't get burned again.”

The idea that this election belongs to Hillary unless she screws up is absurd. This woman was supposed to be coronated in 2008. She has a lot to answer for in her time as SOS. Her campaign skills are mediocre at best. Polls taken now don't mean much. They're based largely on name recognition.

If it is JEB V HRC, God help us.

If that is all we can come up with for candidates in a nation of 300M+, we suck as a nation.

But maybe we will finally get a Third or Fourth party nation.

1) The Real Left in America cant stand HRC. That is why there are numerous Draft Warren sites already up.

2) The Real Right in America cant stand JEB. If the Reps nominate JEB, they will see MANY MANY folks just stay home again like they did on 2012.

Of the two, i would have to hold my nose and support HRC. At least with a Rep Controlled Senate and HOR, HRC can counter any really crazy crap.

JEB? I just dont care. After the sadly pathetic Bush43 presidency, i cant stand the idea of another Bush in the WH. Bush43 was an absolute disaster on so many levels. but to me personally, it was his complete mattress-backing the extremely crazy level;s of spending that i cannot abide. He talked Fiscal Conservative and delivered ZERO. Folks, i wont even listen to JEB. Burn me once...

Hillary would need to be running against an utter loon for me to even consider voting for her. And even then, I'd probably just write in or abstain. Jeb isn't a bad guy and is probably the one we should have had running instead of his brother back in 2000.

That said, he's not the one I'd want. Then again, I don't know who I want.

Archived