2016 4* WR Eli Stove (AU commit 5/30/15)

CameronCrazy

Well they do have grier coming back

Isn't Grier suspended at least half of next year too? I thought I read his suspension was for a full year. Of course he will be a Soph anyway.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well they do have grier coming back

Isn't Grier suspended at least half of next year too? I thought I read his suspension was for a full year. Of course he will be a Soph anyway.

Yes he will be suspended for half of next year as well.

I don't think it's set in stone. Last I heard, Florida is appealing on his behalf to have it reduced to 2015 only.

I don't think it's set in stone. Last I heard, Florida is appealing on his behalf to have it reduced to 2015 only.

As they should. It's a truck load of crap the NCAA gives a year for that while the NFL gives 4 games for the 1st offense.

http://recruiting.bl...isiting-gators/

Eli is 75% committed to Auburn at the moment.

yeah it seems like we are getting some mixed messages. Florida is giving him something to consider, nothing wrong with that. We need to finish strong both on and off the field this year.

WDE

He's all AU if Gus and DC are here next year.

Then I like our chances.

:)

Evidently the meaning of the word committed has changed over the years.

Oh yea. Kinda depends on the kid, but it has changed for some.

Every area of endeavor, every trade or profession, has its own jargon and word meanings. In recruiting jargon, "committed" means today's favorite. Nothing more, nothing less.

I have seen this kid play a couple of times. We need to keep him if we can... He is a difference maker in several different ways.

Every area of endeavor, every trade or profession, has its own jargon and word meanings. In recruiting jargon, "committed" means today's favorite. Nothing more, nothing less.

Yep.

And folks can feel free to get hung up on the semantics, but I don't judge these kids for being fluid in their recruitment. Lord knows the teams recruiting them are, too, and they hold all the cards once that letter gets faxed in.

Yep.

And folks can feel free to get hung up on the semantics, but I don't judge these kids for being fluid in their recruitment. Lord knows the teams recruiting them are, too, and they hold all the cards once that letter gets faxed in.

Yep school changes coaches and go to a system where kid is no longer a good fit. Kid can't switch without sitting out a year or dropping to non-FBS school. Coach tells kid that he will start first year. Then day he walks on Campus tell him he had to redshirt and put on 20 pounds of muscle.

There is no contract until LOI so if kids game the system I can and will get upset if it hurts my school but I realize it no worse then what some schools do to the kids.

You are correct, sir!

You are correct, sir!

I'm told Stover's intrest in UF is a fall back in case Gus or DC leave. Can't blame him at all.

• 1 month later...

Stove's father is originally from Birmingham. I knew Eli's grandmother very well, but hopefully his farther's opinion will ultimately help Auburn get that signature in February.

Eli Stove has been committed to Auburn since May, but when asked what his father, a fan of the Tigers, would think of him possibly committing to Florida, he offered a candid response.

“He’d probably say it’s better than Auburn, to be honest,” Stove said jokingly.

Stove, who has shown interest in the Gators in recent months, appears open to the possibility, too.

The four-star receiver confirmed to SEC Country he will take official visits to Auburn (Jan. 15), Florida (Jan. 22) and Miami (Jan. 29) in the coming weeks. He acknowledged he continues to give the Gators a second look.

“I’m still looking around,” Stove told SEC Country on Monday. “I’m not going to count any school out. I’m really just looking at Auburn and Florida.”

The 6-foot-1, 178-pound senior from Niceville, Fla., says he’s built a strong relationship with the Gators this fall, particularly with wide receivers coach Kerry Dixon, who has entertained the possibility of Stove playing both ways.

Stove unofficially visited Gainesville, Fla., on Nov. 7 for the Florida-Vanderbilt game. Evidently, the visit went well enough for him to pencil in an official visit less than two weeks before signing day. Per Stove, he has no intentions of canceling his upcoming visit, either, as he doesn’t anticipate shutting down his recruitment following his visit to Auburn the week prior.

How would he characterize his commitment?

“I don’t know,” Stove said. “I’d say solid for now. I’ll still look at Florida.”

Stove is rated as the No. 12 receiver in the country.

I saw that article as well. I've seen this kid play and really hope DC can hold on to him. He played some DB in HS as well. Kid is a great athlete.

I don't really feel good about holding onto him but a swap with NCM would be just fine.

I saw that article as well. I've seen this kid play and really hope DC can hold on to him. He played some DB in HS as well. Kid is a great athlete.

I don't really feel good about holding onto him but a swap with NCM would be just fine.

Well WDE already said it but KN also said AU is not worried.

I am giddy about signing Davis, Stove, Craig-Myers, and McClain. That is a SICK WR class!

I am having delightful visions of our Offense in a 4WR set.

Agreed. Best WR class I can remember if it holds. (Well, taking the optimistic view on NCM.)

I am giddy about signing Davis, Stove, Craig-Myers, and McClain. That is a SICK WR class!

Me too. We are knocking this WR class out of the park.

Wish we could've signed Sam Bruce in this class, dude will be a playmaker wherever he goes.

Archived