Baseball vs Vanderbilt Game 3

I am encouraged. Not long ago this series would have been a blow out. We had some missed opportunities for sure, but I think Coach Galloway gets us to where we want to be.

War Eagle!!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw a solid line drive up the middle that found leather on a lucky grab. Pitcher doesn't make that catch and Auburn wins. You can't criticize that.

I agree. It was lucky. Good teams always seem to get lucky. But the previous two at bats were embarrassing.

I saw a solid line drive up the middle that found leather on a lucky grab. Pitcher doesn't make that catch and Auburn wins. You can't criticize that.

I agree. It was lucky. Good teams always seem to get lucky. But the previous two at bats were embarrassing.

I'm an optimist. Good at bats got us to extra innings. Got robbed on the one more we needed for the win. Hate we lost, but they will learn from it. Beat MSU!

I'm an optimist. Good at bats got us to extra innings. Got robbed on the one more we needed for the win. Hate we lost, but they will learn from it. Beat MSU!

I wish I was an optimist. I just know instead of going to bed tonight thinking about what a great weekend they had, this team will be beating themselves up over what easily should have been. Almost worse than if AU ahead Gomes 1-2-3 in the 9th. But, the sun will come up tomorrow.

Poor Coaching, tied game, bases loaded-no outs, (wet field) and Auburn does not try a squeeze play. Poor Decision makeing by Head Baseball Coach.

um, no.

Poor Coaching, tied game, bases loaded-no outs, (wet field) and Auburn does not try a squeeze play. Poor Decision makeing by Head Baseball Coach.

I was curious as why the squeeze wasn't put on in the tie game 0 outs. ESPNU announcers mentioned maybe it was the fear of the force out but it was probably the same likelihood of success as a sac fly or hit.

I was curious as why the squeeze wasn't put on in the tie game 0 outs. ESPNU announcers mentioned maybe it was the fear of the force out but it was probably the same likelihood of success as a sac fly or hit.

Agree. Nulph hasn't hit well in the SEC yet. Squeeze would have been worth the try.

Just FYI.....It's Sunny Golloway.

Thanks. I guess I need to up my spelling game! :D

You're supposed to say you were posting on your phone and autocorrect messed you up. ;)

(I thought it was Sonny, as well.).

Just FYI.....It's Sunny Golloway.

Thanks. I guess I need to up my spelling game! :D

Hey my friend you were not the only one. It's been misspelled a lot in this forum. And I am terrible with names myself.

A gallant rally against a very good team. To bad to see the opportunity get away. Team toughened up the last game of the series and what looked like a cakewalk for Vandy in game 3 turned into a real battle.

I have defended Golloway more than most...I would have attempted the suicide squeeze twice in that spot.

I didn't hear the post-game but I hope he owned that one. These guys are proving to themselves how to fight and that they can beat anybody. There is still a talent disparity between Auburn and Vandy, but the Commodores have the mental advantage of absolute confidence. We are getting there, those guys battled their asses off in less than ideal circumstances. I am encouraged.

I have defended Golloway more than most...I would have attempted the suicide squeeze twice in that spot.

I didn't hear the post-game but I hope he owned that one. These guys are proving to themselves how to fight and that they can beat anybody. There is still a talent disparity between Auburn and Vandy, but the Commodores have the mental advantage of absolute confidence. We are getting there, those guys battled their asses off in less than ideal circumstances. I am encouraged.

I agree that a bunt might have been a call...but then again, Sunny might have a better idea than I do about how good a bunter CN is. We've watched kids screw up bunting situations for years now so I no longer consider a bunt the automatic or safe way to get a run home...especially against Vandy quality pitching. BUT....a good rally by AU and some pretty good late inning pitching that encourages me about the rest of the year.

Unless a hitter is a particularly gifted bunter, a hit or long fly ball is more likely to happen than a successful bunt. If I have a problem with the coaching when we had a man on 3rd and no outs, it would be that two of our next three hitters took two called strikes before they swung the bat. Two of them had first-pitch strikes that were right down the middle of the plate. We needed a hard-hit ball and taking the bat out of the hitter's hands is no way to get a hard-hit ball. Give him three swings and he might nail one. One swing, not so likely.

I would love to see a schedule for the baseball team with scores. I cannot find this on this site. This would really be a great help if possible!

WDE Doc

I would love to see a schedule for the baseball team with scores. I cannot find this on this site. This would really be a great help if possible!

WDE Doc

http://www.auburntigers.com/sports/m-basebl/sched/aub-m-basebl-sched.html

WDE Doc

Done and pinned

Archived