2015 Season

WarEagle1982

For those assuming the O will be great again more power to you. We lost an awful lot of starters on O. Basically the whole backfield 1/2 of the receiving Corp and big chunk of the offensive line. A lot of players behind them with a lot of potential but first they have to reach that potential and second they have to gel as a unit. Can it be done with Gus as the coach we have a good chance but it is awfully hard to feel sure about it.

I actually feel better about the D this year as a lot of key players are back and I believe they now have the coaches that will teach them and put them in the position to make the plays but still a new system so who knows for sure.

Now add in the fact that we play in the SEC West where you can be a solid team and still lose it is just to early to put on my Orange and Blue Glasses.

Maybe after A-Day game or second week of Fall practice I may join the ones predicting great things for Auburn next year but at this time the best I can say is let's wait and see.

A Day lied to me last year. I walked out of the stadium feeling very good about the chances for a SEC repeat after watching the first half.

Seems like A-Day tends to do that. Cam Newton certainly didn't look like he even had the starting spot locked down from his A-Day performance.

A-Day seems hard to gauge. It's not 1s vs 1s and am I supposed to be happy if the offense scores or mad that the defense allowed it? Lol

For those assuming the O will be great again more power to you. We lost an awful lot of starters on O. Basically the whole backfield 1/2 of the receiving Corp and big chunk of the offensive line. A lot of players behind them with a lot of potential but first they have to reach that potential and second they have to gel as a unit. Can it be done with Gus as the coach we have a good chance but it is awfully hard to feel sure about it.

I actually feel better about the D this year as a lot of key players are back and I believe they now have the coaches that will teach them and put them in the position to make the plays but still a new system so who knows for sure.

Now add in the fact that we play in the SEC West where you can be a solid team and still lose it is just to early to put on my Orange and Blue Glasses.

Maybe after A-Day game or second week of Fall practice I may join the ones predicting great things for Auburn next year but at this time the best I can say is let's wait and see.

A Day lied to me last year. I walked out of the stadium feeling very good about the chances for a SEC repeat after watching the first half.

The first quarter of the season lied to you too. We just lost our mojo at some point last season. South Carolina game ? Texas A&M game? Whitehead suspension? Whitehead return? I'm not sure what happened, but we finished poorly. I don't think the team ever gave up or stopped trying (except maybe against Georgia), things just didn't seem to be clicking.

Louisville gonna be a battle,they got alot of transfers from big schools. Still worried about secondary and Petrino gonna bomb it. LSU offense is scary if QB emerges.The defense still hurting.Depending on QB either shoot out or we blow them out. Miss St pretty bare suprised Prescott came back,team falling apart off the field. Kentucky will put up points through the air,still no defense.Ole Miss loses alot of depht on defense,we score in droves. They also have no running game The three teams that worry me are Arkansas because they can limit Auburn offense on the field and tire out the defense. However they lost their three best defenders. Texas AM gonna sling it and Garrett owned Coleman last year. Their five wide set scares me with loaded wr's. Georgia will be a shootout us through the air and them on the ground. I believe Alabama takes a step back. Coker couldn't beat out Sims last year. Derrick Henry hasn't impressed me and the security blanket Cooper is gone,the recieving core actually very thin.The vaunted d line couldn't get a pass rush just like us. The secondary struggled and Collins gone. If LSU devolps a QB and the Aggies have some defense I can see Alabama finishing fifth in the west. I think Auburn vs Arkansas for the West.Georgia easily in West,even though Tenn fans think Dobbs is Manning and the winning the whole thing without an offensive line.

Louisville gonna be a battle,they got alot of transfers from big schools. Still worried about secondary and Petrino gonna bomb it. LSU offense is scary if QB emerges.The defense still hurting.Depending on QB either shoot out or we blow them out. Miss St pretty bare suprised Prescott came back,team falling apart off the field. Kentucky will put up points through the air,still no defense.Ole Miss loses alot of depht on defense,we score in droves. They also have no running game The three teams that worry me are Arkansas because they can limit Auburn offense on the field and tire out the defense. However they lost their three best defenders. Texas AM gonna sling it and Garrett owned Coleman last year. Their five wide set scares me with loaded wr's. Georgia will be a shootout us through the air and them on the ground. I believe Alabama takes a step back. Coker couldn't beat out Sims last year. Derrick Henry hasn't impressed me and the security blanket Cooper is gone,the recieving core actually very thin.The vaunted d line couldn't get a pass rush just like us. The secondary struggled and Collins gone. If LSU devolps a QB and the Aggies have some defense I can see Alabama finishing fifth in the west. I think Auburn vs Arkansas for the West.Georgia easily in West,even though Tenn fans think Dobbs is Manning and the winning the whole thing without an offensive line.

yikes...holy horrible sentence structure batman. Learn how to construct a complete sentence and find those punctuation keys. I quit reading halfway through the 2nd line...

The opener scares me if not for the mere fact that their O will most certainly be rolling (i'm not sure how many players they are replacing, though) while it is possible that our O is going to take a while to get on the same page with all the new guys, and the D...well, we could be in trouble if the D looks anything like it has the past 5 years -- especially if the O is in the process of finding itself.

Remember, it takes Gus about 3-4 games to know how to fully call the offense with a new QB.

What? They return one more starter on offense than we do.

The opener scares me if not for the mere fact that their O will most certainly be rolling (i'm not sure how many players they are replacing, though) while it is possible that our O is going to take a while to get on the same page with all the new guys, and the D...well, we could be in trouble if the D looks anything like it has the past 5 years -- especially if the O is in the process of finding itself.

Remember, it takes Gus about 3-4 games to know how to fully call the offense with a new QB.

What? They return one more starter on offense than we do.

Interesting, I didn't know that. Well hopefully our O comes out humming and theirs doesn't haha

yikes...holy horrible sentence structure batman. Learn how to construct a complete sentence and find those punctuation keys. I quite reading halfway through the 2nd line...

LOL, at the simple poster flaming someone about sentence structure when simple spelling eludes him/her/it. :moon:

wde

Only 3 games are automatic W, maybe 4 @UK.

I definitely wouldn't count @UK as an automatic win. They played well last year and have a really scrappy QB.

this and the fact it will be on a Thursday night ESPN telecast. Dangerous game like kstate last year.

I'mnot worried about Louisville. They are losing a ton of players including a Jim Thorpe award winner and a highly regarded receiver.

I know no one probably wants to hear this, but the first drive from the OM game and the first drive from the UGA game aren't that different in what happened afterwards

It's just OM wasn't good enough offensively to take advantage of the AU defense like Georgia, and Auburn eventually had the offense going again.

Its been said 1000 times, but Malzahn needs to find out and correct whatever is killing this team offensively during long stretches of time.

I know no one probably wants to hear this, but the first drive from the OM game and the first drive from the UGA game aren't that different in what happened afterwards

It's just OM wasn't good enough offensively to take advantage of the AU defense like Georgia, and Auburn eventually had the offense going again.

Its been said 1000 times, but Malzahn needs to find out and correct whatever is killing this team offensively during long stretches of time.

Offense hasn't been our main problem the last few seasons (other than 2012 when both offense and defense struggled). We haven't had even average defense since Tuberville was fired. (The 2010 team had its moments and was actually a pretty good unit by season's end, but weren't very good for most of the season.)

You are correct that it is Malzahn's job to figure that out, but I would venture to say that, over the course of a season, every offense goes through periods where things just aren't clicking. That's when the other units (i.e., the defense) have to step up until the ship can be righted. It's also Malzahn's job to ensure that our defense is capable of doing that. I'm hoping that the changes he's made on the defensive side will have that result.

Offense hasn't been our main problem the last few seasons (other than 2012 when both offense and defense struggled). We haven't had even average defense since Tuberville was fired. (The 2010 team had its moments and was actually a pretty good unit by season's end, but weren't very good for most of the season.)

You are correct that it is Malzahn's job to figure that out, but I would venture to say that, over the course of a season, every offense goes through periods where things just aren't clicking. That's when the other units (i.e., the defense) have to step up until the ship can be righted. It's also Malzahn's job to ensure that our defense is capable of doing that. I'm hoping that the changes he's made on the defensive side will have that result.

The 2010 offense wasn't good for like the first 2 or 3 games lol

The 2014 offense wasn't consistent for like the whole season

That's completely FALSE

1st downs Average 24 - High 31 (texas A&M) Low 17 - (UGA) All other games between 21-28

Total Yards - Average - 485 - High 628 (uat) Low 292 - (UGA) All other games between 359 - 595

Passing Yards - Average 229.54 - High 456 (uat) Low 135 (San Jose State ) All other games between 142 - 293

Passes Attempted - Average 25.5 - High 43 (uat) Low 15 (South Carolina) All other games between 22-31

Pass Completions - Average 16 - High 27 (uat) Low 13 (south Carolina, Samford and San Jose State) All other games between 14 - 17

Rushing Yards - Average 255.69 - High 395 (South Carolina) Low 128 (Kansas State) All other games between 150 - 363

Rushing Attempts - Average 46.69 - High 59 (Texas A&M) Low 35 (uga) All other games between 43-50

9 out of 13 games Auburn scored 30 or more points. 6 games Auburn scored 40 or more. The ONLY bad game the offense had all season was the Georgia game.

Over 500 yards of offense in 6 and missed a 7th game by 7 yards.

Have you ever actually watched an Auburn game?

People expect our offense to be flawless on every drive. Similar to how it was in 2013.

The defense's poor production magnified any poor drives by the offense because AU had to score on every single drive to not get behind by too much. JMO

^Exactly. It was the same problem with A&M in 2013 (and this year, for that matter). Their defense was so bad that it made their offense look worse the times they couldn't get anything done. Except for the UG game (hangover from A&M) our offense this past year was pretty much explosive as the year before.

In other words, give us a "weak" defense and we're probably a 10 win team.

We are going to be much better on D this year which is good as we are breaking in a new QB. The O will take off 3-4 games into the season. The D will play solid but only get better in bigger games. I look fwd to a good year with a huge screen to look at when Im at the game.

Probably because we couldn't pass and teams stacked 9 guys in the box on every play

Archived