who would you rather have?

lemonade_drinker

Derrick Henry or Jovon Robinson

At first thought you would say duh henry, but why hasn't he destroyed all behind that Bama line?

Robinson gets my vote, even though everybody says AU will pass more and bammer is breaking in a new QB and will likely lean on the run game. Robinsons power will keep him in games instead of needing to sub in barber.

At first thought you would say duh henry, but why hasn't he destroyed all behind that Bama line?

Robinson gets my vote, even though everybody says AU will pass more and bammer is breaking in a new QB and will likely lean on the run game. Robinsons power will keep him in games instead of needing to sub in barber.

Not me, jovon would be my first choice regardless. Including yeldon

I think Robinson will turn out to be a stud even though AU will pass more. The quarterback won't do as much running as the past two years so that leaves more for him. He will have a monster year.

I'd have to see JR actually record a carry in an AU uni before I could pick him over anyone. I think he could be a better overall player than Henry but there's obviously a large unknown right now. A more interesting question would have been what kind of monster Henry would be with Gus.

Robinson hasn't recorded the first yard in an AU uniform, and he'd be your first choice over a guy that's about to be drafted? :homer:

Robinson hasn't recorded the first yard in an AU uniform, and he'd be your first choice over a guy that's about to be drafted? :homer:/>

Yep. He was better than the guy that's about to be drafted right out of high school but he got screwed out of coming to AU because of some hateful people. But that's all over now, he's back where he belongs

Henry. And I hope I'm wrong!

Dont be fooled by their offensive line. Henry is Trent R 2.0 he has no elusiveness, if u hit him before he runs downhill u can eliminate any long runs from line of scrimmage. Another over hyped bama rb

It is that time of the year where there is no real football news. No recruits committing, spring break has practice on a hiatus so we have to ask inane questions just to have something to read or write. So I will be like others with no real news to discuss I will weigh in, Henry on what he has already done and Robinson on versatility and potential. Now nobody can argue with me because I have taken both side so for sure I will be right and by the way for sure I will be wrong.

Hard to believe but Jrob is a bigger stronger Tre Mason.

what tre does best can only be measured in an SEC football game, or nfl. Jury still out on JROB.

What made Mason special was that he always fell forward and got an extra yard or 2 on each carry in addition to his vision and ability to get through small creases. That adds up tremendously over the course of a game, or even a drive.

In limited action, it seems like Peyton Barber may have that same ability to get an extra 1-2 yards per carry.

What made Mason special was that he always fell forward and got an extra yard or 2 on each carry in addition to his vision and ability to get through small creases. That adds up tremendously over the course of a game, or even a drive.

In limited action, it seems like Peyton Barber may have that same ability to get an extra 1-2 yards per carry.

totally agree on first paragraph. I have not seen enough of barber to have any clue.

Do you mean we will pass more than Bama will, or that we will pass more than we did last year?

The first seems pretty speculative. The second true, but probably not significant; we'll still be a run-play-action team and run first, likely over 60% of the time. I'd be shocked if Auburn doesn't finish at or near the top of the SEC in rushing again. If Jovon is as good as many of us think, he'll get his carries and yards. JMO

Archived