Fun with headlines

TitanTiger

Woman outside Planned Parenthood says flaming object was thrown at her

Now, just reading that casually, the phrasing would suggest to most that perhaps a woman going into PP for a possible abortion was attacked, perhaps by an anti-abortion protestor. What wouldn't come to mind first, if at all, is what it really was:

A Molotov cocktail thrown at a peaceful 40 Days For Life mind her own business praying outside the clinic.

I'm also trying to imagine how if it had been an abortion protestor attacking a woman or worker going into the clinic, it would not have been getting breathless national news coverage with statements from the White House.

Good thing our media strives so hard to be impartial and unbiased.

Yeah, I read it as the protester was the one to toss the 'flaming object' . As for the lady praying, the target ? I think she ought to have stayed clear of the device and not tried to put it out.

Yeah, I read it as the protester was the one to toss the 'flaming object' . As for the lady praying, the target ? I think she ought to have stayed clear of the device and not tried to put it out.

Probably should have to be safe. But at least it worked out and she prevented a much bigger fire.

Archived