Stealing is bad. Democrat, Republican, or Other.

MDM4AU

Ok, folks, we need to remember that if we link a story here there are correct ways and incorrect ways. This is probably in the AUFamily Board Rules, as well.

If you simply want to post a link with a title, that is fine. If you want to give a few lines (tease it) then link the article that is fine. If you want to quote parts to make a point and then link it, you're still good.

But posting the whole article with or without a link is incorrect. Especially if you fail to provide a link.

These writers' and authors' livelihood depends on people visiting their site or "clicks". If you post the whole article on here then there is no reason for anyone to visit the site. The author might receive one click (yours) while 100 people may read it. You are, in essence, stealing.

Please remember this when posting.

Thanks!

To be honest, I never thought about it that way. I figured that providing the link pretty much covered it.

In fact, I invariably go to the link because the original formatting is typically more readable. I never thought providing the entire article "robbed" them of "hits" but it obviously could since it removes the need to go to the site.

Thanks for pointing this out. I was oblivious to it.

unless it is theyer evens or another author we are butthurt over then it is recommended not to click on their link.

Archived