Bo Bergdahl to Be Charged With Desertion

Proud Tiger

FOX News just reported that Bo Bergdahl will be charged with desertion. Looks like Col. Tony Schaffer was right a month ago when he said he said the Army would release it's report in March, in spite of some know it alls here I won't mention. Army will have a PR this afternoon.

http://www.foxnews.c...-official-says/

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see where he's being charged with desertion. Where are you seeing treason?

I wouldn't be surprised if Obama allowed the desertion charge if they agreed to not charge with treason. Bergdahl is guilty of treason too because he walked off his post on his own volition and willingly joined the Taliban. Add to that that, american casualties spiked after he joined them. I doubt that was simply a coincidental occurence

Good for the army. It wouldn't have surprised me to see them do something else or even let him off.

If they let him go they have to pay him $300, 000 in back pay. That would conceivably cause an uprising within the ranks of the US Army.

Well, these are just charges so far. No convictions etc.

When you leave your post in a combat zone, you punch your ticket for Leavenworth.

Did they prove he aided them in any way?

He just got charged today. Now, he'll face a court martial wherein he'll have to account for everything he did.

I wouldn't be surprised if Obama allowed the desertion charge if they agreed to not charge with treason. Bergdahl is guilty of treason too because he walked off his post on his own volition and willingly joined the Taliban. Add to that that, american casualties spiked after he joined them. I doubt that was simply a coincidental occurence

Gotta link?

Gotta link?

I see among other issues that plague your ability to understand simple logic, I see reading comprehension is also a problem for you. I opened the statement with.."I wouldn't be surprised if....." In your world, do I need a link to have an opinion?

When you leave your post in a combat zone, you punch your ticket for Leavenworth.

Unless they conclude five years in captivity is time served.

He just got charged today. Now, he'll face a court martial wherein he'll have to account for everything he did.

I'm sure homeland security, the CIA, DOD, and other organizations have already been picking at his brain. Bergdahl's story seemed off to me so this is not surprising at all. His fliers were all over KAF airfield and we all figured he was either dead or already turned by that point. At least he was safe.

If he was in legit captivity for five years, I hope UCMJ uses that in his favor.

I'm sure homeland security, the CIA, DOD, and other organizations have already been picking at his brain. Bergdahl's story seemed off to me so this is not surprising at all. His fliers were all over KAF airfield and we all figured he was either dead or already turned by that point. At least he was safe.

i don't remember if he gave his story publicly.

i don't remember if he gave his story publicly.

Yeah, like Obama was going to let that crazy mofo tell his story..LOL. Dude deserted and 4 Americans lost their lives looking for him. He willfully and purposefully joined the Taliban

Yeah, like Obama was going to let that crazy mofo tell his story..LOL. Dude deserted and 4 Americans lost their lives looking for him. He willfully and purposefully joined the Taliban

Now now, get the story straight...

Susan Rice: Bergdahl Served With 'Honor and Distinction'

OMG Raptor, I forgot about that. I bet the WH would like to also. Susan Rice's fits right in with this incompetent WH.

OMG Raptor, I forgot about that. I bet the WH would like to also. Susan Rice's fits right in with this incompetent WH.

Obama's running out of time and she's running out of offices to be bumped up to after making stunningly asinine gaffes and mistakes.

Biden had better hire his own food taster.

How can they conclude that he was in captivity when he freely walked to the other side?

How can they conclude that he was in captivity when he freely walked to the other side?

he walked there freely then was kept, i guess. personally i would have left him there.

he walked there freely then was kept, i guess. personally i would have left him there.

It gave the administration an excuse to get some more prisoners out of Gitmo.

Archived