Bo Bergdahl to Be Charged With Desertion

Proud Tiger

"And you guys are still angry as if he's escaped "justice." Some of you guys have a Taliban mindset when it comes to "justice."

Actually Im saddened by the whole event. I'll give you credit though Tex, even when I dont say what you claim, you find a way to hang a label on me that in some sick way makes you feel better...I guess.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And what do you call the last 8-10 months if not "Due Process?" A sewing circle maybe?

In your rush to be cute, you have shown your ignorance for the military justice system. Due process HAS NOT been served.

This guy has been given kid glove treatment. Lets us NOT FORGET, at minimum, 5 soldiers lost their lives looking for him after he voluntarily walked off his post. Reckon what kind of due process the families of those dead soldiers are getting? I recently heard Ron O'Neil say, the guy who shot OBL, who also happened to be at that forward post when Bergdahl walked away that they knew within hours the guy deserted. Also, never mind all the testimony of the guys in Bergdahl's unit that unanimously agreed the guy DID NOT serve with honor and distinction. He's going to get his day in court but desertion is not even his biggest problem.

I enjoy this argument, of course he will get punished. But damnit he needs to be punished RIGHT NOW! what's all this talk of trials and proving guilt? that's not what our legal system is based on. lol

And what do you call the last 8-10 months if not "Due Process?" A sewing circle maybe?

In your rush to be cute, you have shown your ignorance for the military justice system. Due process HAS NOT been served.

This guy has been given kid glove treatment. Lets us NOT FORGET, at minimum, 5 soldiers lost their lives looking for him after he voluntarily walked off his post. Reckon what kind of due process the families of those dead soldiers are getting? I recently heard Ron O'Neil say, the guy who shot OBL, who also happened to be at that forward post when Bergdahl walked away that they knew within hours the guy deserted. Also, never mind all the testimony of the guys in Bergdahl's unit that unanimously agreed the guy DID NOT serve with honor and distinction. He's going to get his day in court but desertion is not even his biggest problem.

I enjoy this argument, of course he will get punished. But damnit he needs to be punished RIGHT NOW! what's all this talk of trials and proving guilt? that's not what our legal system is based on. lol

Who, besides you, said a damned word about the timeline of the process? Since you seem to have a problem deciphering plain English, let me help you out here. The guy is guaranteed his due process and he'll get it. That does not imply his innocence because the bottom line is, the army would not level such serious charges if they didn't have the proof.

Well, I must have read the bolded part wrong.

And here you are defending the guy. Im not surprised even a little bit. Hell, in my opinion this administration was so committed to bringing the guy home knowing full well he was a deserter because they viewed viewed him as "one of us" Democrats have a long and storied history of aligning themselves with america's enemies..why should now be any different?

I'm not defending him. Once the gavel falls, march his a$$ to Kansas. Until then, he is entitled to due process under the Uniformed Code of Military Justice. You don't care about the troops, especially for those that died looking for him. You just use them as tools to attack the President.

Who, besides you, said a damned word about the timeline of the process? Since you seem to have a problem deciphering plain English, let me help you out here. The guy is guaranteed his due process and he'll get it. That does not imply his innocence because the bottom line is, the army would not level such serious charges if they didn't have the proof.

Well, I must have read the bolded part wrong.

I'd enjoy hearing the logic that connected that bolded part with a time line on Bergdahl's hearings.

And here you are defending the guy. Im not surprised even a little bit. Hell, in my opinion this administration was so committed to bringing the guy home knowing full well he was a deserter because they viewed viewed him as "one of us" Democrats have a long and storied history of aligning themselves with america's enemies..why should now be any different?

I'm not defending him. Once the gavel falls, march his a$$ to Kansas. Until then, he is entitled to due process under the Uniformed Code of Military Justice. You don't care about the troops, especially for those that died looking for him. You just use them as tools to attack the President.

I would say dont quit your day job but I haven't figures out what job you actually perform to earn whatever military pay they GIVE you but I digress. You dont read minds worth a s*** either.

What do you call the last 8-10 months if not due process (ignorant comment)

Due process has not been served (correct)

Then your, he's getting kiddie treatment, he got 5 soldiers killed, what about their families due process? (ignorant comment)

What was the point of your post if not that? of course he's being tried there's no debate on whether or not he'll be tried.

I would say dont quit your day job but I haven't figures out what job you actually perform to earn whatever military pay they GIVE you but I digress. You dont read minds worth a s*** either.

#1 Dont you know that all Conservatives are hate mongers? #2 Surely there is a deck that needs swabbing....Bwahahahaha

#1 Dont you know that all Conservatives are hate mongers? #2 Surely there is a deck that needs swabbing....Bwahahahaha

creepster.gif

creepster.gif

Is this you or your "Significant Other"??

creepster.gif

Is this you or your "Significant Other"??

He's the next AU Family Forum Moderator...

"I make absolutely no apologies for making sure we get a young man back to his parents," - B. Obama.

Gee Mr President, what about those who died looking for this deserter ? What about the birthdays and special moments all of them and their families will never get to experience, because this anti-American cowardly piece of go-se ran away from his post, and then was rewarded for his actions, while we gave the enemy 5 of their own, who THEY got to pick, for one of our own , who wasn't ours ?

creepster.gif

You've been out at sea too long :-)

creepster.gif

You've been out at sea too long :-)

Bwahahahaha

Where are the leftist progressives that will ATTEMPT to defend THIS???

Defend what? I can't understand you through the frothing.

No defense of this shameful excuse for an administration? Only personal attacks? Mission accomplished!! :-)

And there you have it folks. The only reason they care about this case. Support the troops? Nah. Use them as tools to attack the President. Oh yeah. Not one comment about letting Bergdahl get his due process. I guess if he was a cop who just choked out someone, they would all of the sudden find the constitution...

I love the non-defense of the shame filled WH. No defense. Just name calling and attacks.....priceless!!!

Couldnt care less about the WH. I do care about the troops. You dont.

So where ism your concern for the 4 that died looking for this now charged deserter?

You dont seem to have any sympathy for them or their families at their death.

Are you seriously going to go there? Of course I do. Stop being a shameless troll. Will you state here that you agree that Bergdahl deserves due process?

My or your opinion on whether bergdahl is going to get "Due Process" is meaningless. He will as a matter of military process get his due process according to the UCMJ. I have never once heard of a military prosecution that was ever anything but due process. The standards are rigorous and are free of political intrusion or public opinion.

Bergdahl will get "Due Process" despite your or my opinion. You are seriously throwing the reddest of herrings into all of this about due process.

It takes a lot of chutzpah to say that after clearly implying USN must not care about the casualties or their families. :no:

That's really beneath you DKW. You need to think a little more before hitting the "Post" button.

I'll tell you what. I'll be sure to NOT FORGET anyone who died as a result of Bergdahl's actions, if any, but at this point I choose not to make assumptions about what happen until I understand the facts.

As I understand it, he has basically been charged with a crime by an investigating committee. If I understand, he has two more legal processes which I assume to be equivalent to an indictment and a trial.

I think the argument here is between a group that wants to see all the facts emerge before talking about "coward" "traitor" "bitch slapping", etc. In opposition is the group propagating that rhetoric.

I see it as a matter of respect for our system and it's values. Especially if it involves a combat soldier.

I suspect the 'rhetoric generators' see it more as an opportunity to bash Obama, even if with a soldier. They are fully invested in his guilt. It's sad.

I'll tell you what. I'll be sure to NOT FORGET anyone who died as a result of Bergdahl's actions, if any, but at this point I choose not to make assumptions about what happen until I understand the facts.

As I understand it, he has basically been charged with a crime by an investigating committee. If I understand, he has two more legal processes which I assume to be equivalent to an indictment and a trial.

I think the argument here is between a group that wants to see all the facts emerge before talking about "coward" "traitor" "bitch slapping", etc. In opposition is the group propagating that rhetoric.

I see it as a matter of respect for our system and it's values. Especially if it involves a combat soldier.

I suspect the rhetoric generators see it more as an opportunity to bash Obama, even if with a soldier. They are fully invested in his guilt. It's sad.

Oh forgive me. I get it now.

Darren Wilson: Guilty even though we know he wasnt. DW was convicted WAY before there was any due process, but yall are peachy damn fine with that.

Bowe Bergdahl: Investigation is now entering its 6th year, 10th months since he came home the investigation has rocked on some more. What Due Process is he not getting? Hell it has been almost 6 years since he walked off post. They have only filed charges, NOTHING MORE.

The Army has not been sitting on their hands for 6 years. The facts are known. The testimonies given.

I suspect the rhetoric generators see it more as an opportunity to bash Obama, even if with a soldier. They are fully invested in his guilt. It's sad.

Darren Wilson: Guilty even though we know he wasnt. DW was convicted WAY before there was any due process, but yall are peachy damn fine with that.

Bowe Bergdahl: Investigation is now entering its 6th year, 10th months since he came home the investigation has rocked on some more. What Due Process is he not getting? Hell it has been almost 6 years since he walked off post. They have only filed charges, NOTHING MORE.

The Army has not been sitting on their hands for 6 years. The facts are known. The testimonies given.

I would guess they haven't gotten his side of it... seeing as he's been gone for awhile.

Whether he's a shitbag American or not he has the right to defend himself against charges and receive a fair trial..

I would guess they haven't gotten his side of it... seeing as he's been gone for awhile.

Whether he's a shitbag American or not he has the right to defend himself against charges and receive a fair trial..

Do you really think that in 10 months he hasnt been investigated and interviewed a dozen times by now?

Do you really think that in 10 months he hasnt been investigated and interviewed a dozen times by now?

The more you post, the more respect I lose of you. Ever here of a service member's article 31 rights?

The TRUTH. It is a beautiful thing!!! Thanks.

The more you post, the more respect I lose of you. Ever here of a service member's article 31 rights?

I am a veteran. Of course i know about the UCMJ and how it works.

Can you site a few valid written articles where it is demonstrated that Bergdahl is in anyway being denied due process?

That response was thoughtless, presumptuous and frankly kind of dumb.

But to close with a positive, you represent your group very well. ;D

I'm still confused I guess to the debates.

It seems no one is debating that the guy needs to be tried and if convicted, punished.

It seems the debate on just how badly the government mishandled this at the start isn't really happening.

So is it just the speed(or lack of) with which it is happening that people have problems with?

Archived