The player I think comes out of nowhere in 2015 is...

Dixie1860

I would also pick Devaroe Lawrence, with Dontavius Russell running a close second.

These 2 players have to be near the top of everyone's list of breakout players.

Frankly, we need both of them to "bloom" this year.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope to see 22 of them, sprinkled with a couple of special teamers. they all need a breakout year. tell the world "we comin'"

All good suggestions...

But it's going to be Jeremy Johnson

After next season we're going to wonder how he sat the bench for so long

Jeremy can have a great year and we still shouldn't wonder.

Jovon Robinson on O.

Kennion on D. Would love to see Andrew Williams play at a high level too.

I think Roc Thomas has it in him to be something special. I see some Cadillac and Knowshon Mareno in him, and I think he and Tony Stevens are both in a perfect positions to step up. Raashed Kennion also could fly under the radar and really impress some people this year.

I also agree with whomever said in on another thread that going into last year I saw more potential in this coming year's team as opposed to last year's team. Having Carl Lawson hurt was really damaging to the effectiveness of our defense last year. Potential doesn't always equate to championships, but I think this coming year's team has a better chance to make it unblemished. How the team meshes is another thing. I certainly have high hopes for the season though.

I think Roc Thomas has it in him to be something special. I see some Cadillac and Knowshon Mareno in him, and I think he and Tony Stevens are both in a perfect positions to step up. Raashed Kennion also could fly under the radar and really impress some people this year.

I also agree with whomever said in on another thread that going into last year I saw more potential in this coming year's team as opposed to last year's team. Having Carl Lawson hurt was really damaging to the effectiveness of our defense last year. Potential doesn't always equate to championships, but I think this coming year's team has a better chance to make it unblemished. How the team meshes is another thing. I certainly have high hopes for the season though.

I also strongly belief some seniors on last year's squad were messing with the chemistry. This year's team needs leadership on both sides of the ball and I think this squad has so much potential to be incredible.

I think that it is Dontavius Russell on defense and Melvin Ray on offense.

Defense: I think that the biggest improvement from a player skill standpoint will be Tray Matthews at Safety, but I don't think that he is going to take anybody by surprise. I also think that people will be looking for Lawson, Monty, and Cowart to have big years, but I also think that people will overlook ole Dontavius. Nothing motivates a guy like a chip on his shoulder, am I rite?

Offense: Again, I think that we have a tremendous amount of talent at the QB and RB positions, and people will be keying on these two because we do not return starters at those positions. This decision was difficult for me because I really think that there are 3 or 4 players that could come out of nowhere, namely Austin Golson (fantastic lineman than nobody is talking about), Braden Smith (Drago anybody?), Kamryn Pettway (his ball skills will help out the pass game, as he can be a reliable receiver), and Melvin Ray. I ultimately chose Ray because of the 4, he will have the best stat-line, but quite honestly I'm expecting all 4 of these guys to be solid for us this year.

Cowart starts and he and Lawson become the most disruptive pair or DE's in the country.

Cowart will have numbers similar to Lawsons first year imo. Cowart won't get to Auburn until the fall, so he will have to learn the playbook and adjust to the college game very quickly. The main thing is that Cowart will be able to learn under Lawson, allowing Cowart to be prepared for the future. Cowart will see Lawson 's work ethic, maturity, etc and that will make Cowart want to work even harder because Lawson's on field performance will validate his business like approach. It is always a blessing to have a current star teach a future star.

Cowart starts and he and Lawson become the most disruptive pair or DE's in the country.

Cowart will have numbers similar to Lawsons first year imo. Cowart won't get to Auburn until the fall, so he will have to learn the playbook and adjust to the college game very quickly. The main thing is that Cowart will be able to learn under Lawson, allowing Cowart to be prepared for the future. Cowart will see Lawson 's work ethic, maturity, etc and that will make Cowart want to work even harder because Lawson's on field performance will validate his business like approach. It is always a blessing to have a current star teach a future star.

According to this link, Cowart arrives May 24th and has already been studying the playbook extensively. http://auburn.247spo...ucceed-36431058

According to this link, Cowart arrives May 24th and has already been studying the playbook extensively. http://auburn.247spo...ucceed-36431058

Still, my point stands. Cowart will have to adjust to the college game, and I don't think fall practice plus player led, voluntary workouts in the summer will propel him past the learning curve. It will take time, so I wouldn't expect crazy numbers from him the first year.

Still, my point stands. Cowart will have to adjust to the college game, and I don't think fall practice plus player led, voluntary workouts in the summer will propel him past the learning curve. It will take time, so I wouldn't expect crazy numbers from him the first year.

Carl Lawson like numbers his first year.

With a DL lineup along the lines of DE-Lawson, DT-Adam, DT-Daniel (or a host of others) and DE-Cowart, my only question is this. Who will the opposing OL choose to double team ?

IronMan70,

I would guess probably Adams as he has been the only person that has been double teamed at all in his college career.

With a DL lineup along the lines of DE-Lawson, DT-Adam, DT-Daniel Russell(or a host of others) and DE-Cowart Daniels my only question is this. Who will the opposing OL choose to double team ?

Fixed. Cowart is great but lets not get ahead of ourselves just yet. Russell has been "damn good" in spring ball this year.

Archived