The player I think comes out of nowhere in 2015 is...

Dixie1860

On Offense I think it will be a receiver since we will be throwing the ball more. (Also, our RBs will be very productive but the expectations are high for Roc and Jovon even though he hasn't been here so he doesn't count IMHO)

So I say either Tony Stevens or Jason Smith. Or both!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Come on, guys. Most of these mentions are of 4* and 5* recruits and guys who have already put in solid seasons at Auburn. By definition, they can't really "come out of nowhere".

I agree w/ the OP. Lawrence didn't get much chatter coming in, but he looked like a good, coachable kid with a great frame for his position. Very Dee Ford-like in those regards. If he has anything resembling Dee's work ethic- and photographic evidence suggests that he might- watch out.

I won't suggest any other names, because every time I do, it goes south (for example, I suggested that Jovon Robinson wasn't getting enough love... the first time he signed).

Robinson will be good but my out of nowhere guy is Jason Smith at receiver.

Come on, guys. Most of these mentions are of 4* and 5* recruits and guys who have already put in solid seasons at Auburn. By definition, they can't really "come out of nowhere".

I agree w/ the OP. Lawrence didn't get much chatter coming in, but he looked like a good, coachable kid with a great frame for his position. Very Dee Ford-like in those regards. If he has anything resembling Dee's work ethic- and photographic evidence suggests that he might- watch out.

I won't suggest any other names, because every time I do, it goes south (for example, I suggested that Jovon Robinson wasn't getting enough love... the first time he signed).

Not everyone follows recruiting like many of us do on this forum, which makes this thread contextual. If a player hasn't developed a major role on the team up to this point, I would consider a break out performance in this coming season a warrant to labeling them as "coming out of nowhere". That would certainly be the case from a national media standpoint as I'm sure the announcers will make readily known. Even for those of us who have followed this closely, Kennion would not be considered a player coming out of no where after how badly Garner wanted him, though he was rated a three star prospect. By no means am I trying to take a shot at what you said, I just believe it all depends on the conditions around it.

With JJ as QB, we will throw more. With Duke Williams returning, all eyes will be on him. That leaves another WR to "come out of nowhere" or a RB to emerge as a standout early.

On defense, the addition of a third LB means that could be the "out of nowhere" candidate, or a DT other than Mo.

Pretty tough to say at this point. With 8 starters being replaced on O and all of the young talent we have on that side of the ball, there is potential for a number of players to have breakout seasons. Then again with Muschamp and the rest of the new coaches, we should finally start seeing more players reaching their potential on D. I think it's also reasonable to say the D has much more room for improvement. With all that being said I will go the safe route and say whoever wins the starting job at RB. Someone is going to rush for well over 1000 yards in Gus' O. They do every year. Yes, I think we will throw a little more this year but I think those pass plays will take more carries away from the QBs rather than the RBs. Honorable mention goes to Melvin Ray. JJ just seems to like/trust him as a target.

Not everyone follows recruiting like many of us do on this forum, which makes this thread contextual. If a player hasn't developed a major role on the team up to this point, I would consider a break out performance in this coming season a warrant to labeling them as "coming out of nowhere". That would certainly be the case from a national media standpoint as I'm sure the announcers will make readily known. Even for those of us who have followed this closely, Kennion would not be considered a player coming out of no where after how badly Garner wanted him, though he was rated a three star prospect. By no means am I trying to take a shot at what you said, I just believe it all depends on the conditions around it.

Damn I had to look that word up. Impressive wording..........

I will go out on a limb and pick Stevens at wideout. Maybe not playing much in the last couple of years has made him hungry....

I will go out on a limb and pick Stevens at wideout. Maybe not playing much in the last couple of years has made him hungry....

Hopefully because he could certainly use some burgers!

He looks poised to be the guy who takes the top off of defenses though allowing Duke and everyone else to work underneath, though. Now is his time!

I like ALL the possibilities. I really hope Tre Williams impresses. Maybe Davis as well. I saw this AM a video of Cowart flooring an OL at one of the HS Allstar events. He is going to be special. I bet he sees the field this year.

Well we got the answer to one of our questions. In the Kennion video he said his weight is up to 243 from 225 last year. I'm sure he will be close to 250 when Fall camp opens. In fact, I was looking at all the scholarship DLs on the roster today. Every single one of them is in excellent condition except for maybe Lambert and he has been limited with the surgery. Compare that to the last 2 or 3 years.

Well we got the answer to one of our questions. In the Kennion video he said his weight is up to 243 from 225 last year. I'm sure he will be close to 250 when Fall camp opens. In fact, I was looking at all the scholarship DLs on the roster today. Every single one of them is in excellent condition except for maybe Lambert and he has been limited with the surgery. Compare that to the last 2 or 3 years.

Was told he could really make a move this year. If he and Dev really step up, all the Garner bashers will have to refrain for a few months.

Archived