Baseball vs. Mississippi State - game 2

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thompson mowed 'em down that inning...he's in a groove and has a reasonable number of pitches thus far....may be able to go at least 8 today.

That's nice....had to run an errand to pick up supper and and got back in time to see Logan knock in run #4. MSU bats cold again today it seems...not the MSU teams we are used to.

Ouch....some times that small ball backfires...reminds me of a couple days ago when folks were critical when CSG did not call for the squeeze bunt....yep....they don't always work out like they are drawn up.

But...a 4-0 ....going to bottom of the 8th...hope that is enough.

Well, we find our new weekend rotation?

It might work but it's hard to tell. MSU is a struggling team so I'm not sure what they'll take away from this series.

Tried to squeeze with bases loaded and msu turned double play. 4-0 AU going to B8

Yeah it didn't work out but it was entertaining baseball anyway. Today's game has been interesting.

Justin Camp to finish...hope he got the simple instruction: Just throw strikes....

close play at first....but Robert picked up the low throw...appeared the ump was slow to make the call ..being sure the catch was clean.

pop fly to right field for out #2.

Camp not wasting any pitches...MSU having their hitting problems lately but Camp pitched the way a "closer" is supposed to. Called strike 3...kind of questionable but everyone ready for this game to be over.

War Eagle.

OK...that was a nice win...now for some supper and get ready for the AU-Missouri softball....and watch a little NCAA basketball too.

Been moving all weekend so haven't been able to keep up with the games. Great to get these road wins, and shutouts to boot.

MSU shut out three games in a row....they must be in shock. In years gone by they were one of the better hitting teams in the conference.

Glad to see them go cold during our visit. Hope it continues tomorrow.

Very nice win 2 shut outs in a row on the road. First time that's happen since 1968 I believe

Dang that's a good record to break!

Good to win the first two, War Eagle.

@Auburn_Baseball: FINAL: AU defeats MSU, 4-0. 1st series win in Starkville since 2009. B2B shutouts since '01, SEC shutouts since '88, road SEC shutouts '67

Ok I was off one year. At my age its amazing I was that close. :-\

I remember that Scotty Long was the first baseman and cleanup hitter. Do I win something, or just get a Q.V. Lowe fastball in the ear? :)

Archived