Former CFO on Food Stamps After Controversial Viral Video About Chik-Fil-A

Auburn85

http://abcnews.go.co...ory?id=29533695

Joseph Diaz and Lauren Effron

A former CFO is now on food stamps after a video he posted on YouTube two and half ago criticizing Chick-Fil-A went viral and destroyed his career.

Adam Smith, 37, was the CFO of a medical device manufacturer in Arizona, until the summer 2012, when he -- and thousands of other people -- started protesting against Chick-Fil-A for the fast-food chain’s anti-gay stance.

One day, Smith decided to go through the drive-thru at his local Chick-Fil-A, where he ordered a free water -- the fast food chain offers customers free water -- and videotaped himself telling the drive-thru attendant how much he despised Chick-Fil-A.

“Chick-Fil-A is a hateful corporation,” Smith said, in part, to the drive-thru attendant. “I don’t know how you live with yourself and work here. I don’t understand it. This is a horrible corporation with horrible values. You deserve better.”

Smith then posted the video on his personal YouTube channel, but when he got back to work, he received a major shock.

more of the story at the link

I saw this on 20/20. I feel sorta bad for the guy. The only problem is he only feels bad for what was said to the girl at the window. He is still pushing a bit of a false narrative about CFA. I recently read an article where Mr Cathy met several times with a leader in the LGBT community and this leader has changed his tune after getting to know Mr. Cathy. All that being said, I hate that this is keeping him from getting jobs even NOW.

I really don't understand people who give low wage workers a hard time for policies/decisions made at the corporate level. What he did to that young woman was a form of bullying which had no chance of impacting the stance with which he disagreed.

From the link:

Kevin O’Leary, an entrepreneur and panelist on the hit ABC show “Shark Tank,” said he always looks up potentially employees online before hiring them.

Every time I look at hiring somebody, I go and gather their digital footprint from every source I can get,” O’Leary said. “We look at who they are online, and we actually hire them in our minds before we actually ever meet them. And so the interview process is to just prove what we have already assessed online.”

O’Leary warns that all the emails, texts, tweets, selfies and status updates we send out into the world can be career threatening.

Moral of the story: you can be an activist for anything on social media, but understand that everything you post can be scrutinized, and not as you intend it to mean.

After watching the video , he still sounds like he doesn't really get it.

Kinda reminds me of this guy...

WalterMitty2.jpg

Just another example of how pleasant the service is at CFA. Not a peep about religion either.

Try harassing workers at most other fast food establishments like that.

People continue to think that freedom of speech means they can say anything (except that shouting fire thing) and never suffer any ramifications. When you work for a large business at the corporate officer level, your appearance and behavior are always subject to approval by the corporation. And it goes for others too. Just ask the Dixie Chicks and Jimmy the Greek.

Then there is the college kid from New York...........

http://fox2now.com/2015/03/23/man-kicked-off-southwest-flight-over-language-on-t-shirt/

Daniel Podolsky was on a flight from Dallas to Chicago, and only set foot in Lambert Airport because of bad weather in the Windy City. But the college kid apparently forgot a couple of lessons from kindergarten about bad words, and playing well with others.

At issue: his t-shirt. The garment, promoting the Comedy Central show “Broad City,” says in bold letters, “Broad F—— City,” but the “F-word” is fully spelled out. It was one of hundreds handed out by the comedy channel at the South By Southwest festival Podolsky had just left. He says his jacket was hiding the shirt when he walked around for all to see, but when he got on the plane, it was tight quarters and he took the jacket off.

His flight made the unscheduled stop in St. Louis and he got off to use the restroom. That, he says, is when a Southwest gate agent noticed the shirt and said he would need to remove it.

“It’s only when I got back on the plane when it was gonna take off, ya know, you have this much space, you’re gonna take your jacket off because it’s hot,” he explained. “I took my jacket off, so he sent someone to remove me from the flight.”

We asked him if he was given an opportunity to remedy the situation.

“Did they give you any opportunity to put your jacket back on, to change the shirt, to put it inside out?” we asked. Podolsky’s response: “It just happened so fast. Within thirty seconds the flight was gone. I mean I would have gladly done so.”

But the video of the confrontation on the plane that Podolsky provided FOX 2 tells a slightly different tale. Saying he “would have gladly done so,” is clearly not the case.

“They talked to you about your shirt?” the airline employee is seen asking him at the door of the aircraft. Podolsky responds, “They did.”

Then the employee proceeds to provide him with several chances to keep his seat on the flight.

I really don't understand people who give low wage workers a hard time for policies/decisions made at the corporate level. What he did to that young woman was a form of bullying which had no chance of impacting the stance with which he disagreed.

exactly.

exactly.

Yeah. It made me think of that piece about the gay employee of Chick Filet being put in a can't-win position.

Archived