Rivals Guest Coaching Camp

Randman5000

Not just Gus. The SEC passed rules a couple years ago not allowing SEC coaches to do Satellite camps. I agree w/ the SEC & it should be an NCAA rule.. If you're gonna run a camp it should be at your own stadium. I will say this. I don't mind the high schools running the camps and college coaches allowed to watch.

Yeah I don't want to see a situation like college basketball either. It's a little out of control on that side

I don't see anything wrong with it, from their side of things. If your not from the south or named Oregon or Ohio state, you gotta find a way to compete, and use the current rules to your advantage.

From our side of things, please leave and don't come back.

Why, exactly, does the SEC put a 50 mile handcuff on camps?

Good ? & one probably only an SEC official can answer.

Why, exactly, does the SEC put a 50 mile handcuff on camps?

I'm guessing bc the SEC coaches feel the same way about other SEC schools having camps in their territories. Imagine how UGA would feel if we held camps in ATL?

What's worse?

SEC teams poaching off of each other's areas or teams from other conferences snagging kids from SEC areas?

What's worse?

SEC teams poaching off of each other's areas or teams from other conferences snagging kids from SEC areas?

We can't hold camps in other team's areas though.

What's worse?

We can't hold camps in other team's areas though.

I meant hypothetically. Apologies for not being clear.

Why can't the SEC put a stop to it since they came up with the rule.

Because its an SEC rule applying to SEC coaches. It's not an NCAA rule.....(yet)...

Archived