Hillary Emails/Private Server (THREADS MERGED)

TheBlueVue

Is information always classified in real time at this level? Is she using the technicality of the law? Is it blatant?

I have the feeling that we are going to hear those famous words, "ethical boundaries have been violated but,,,,,,the letter of the law has not been", IF it even goes that far.

If you know information is classified, you are legally responsible not to allow it to be known by unauthorized persons (without a need to know). Those unauthorized persons could the receivers of the emails, the administrators of the email servers in the path of transmission, unknown persons on the Internet monitoring the email traffic, or a receiver of the email that is not properly cleared to read that classified information.

The only way to properly protect the information is to used the approved government systems and encryption methods.

enemy-ears-are-listening-650x317.jpg

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But past SOS's also had private email servers.

http://mediamatters....of-state/209044

And from what I understand all documents makes as classified don't necessarily contain information that could pose a security risk.

That said, I'm not saying she's innocent.

No past Secs of State didn't have their own private email servers. They used private email addresses but didn't own their own servers nor did they have those servers under their control. There is a huge difference. Clinton had full control over that server, therefore she could delete anything she wanted to and there would be no backup. The other SoS could delete emails but it didn't mean that they couldn't be retrieved because they didn't control the backup of the services that they were using.

Archived