Dee Liner Transferring

ShocksMyBrain

Yeldon has a tendency to fumble. I don't think AU missed him at all. Tre and CAP were better backs and it all worked out for AU in the end.

True but I was referring more to the character aspect of things. He kept a good attitude, stayed out of trouble and did make a significant impact on their team on the field. You have to give him props for that.

Agree...it is always good to have a talented player like TJY......and he could have probably helped the team...but JMO turns out he was more important to Bama's success than losing him affected AU negatively...if that makes sense.

It does. It did not really affect Auburn that much on the field. I would have been fine having him on the team. The others I'm glad we missed out on.

I don't understand why so many players have left uat over the past 1 - 6 years for whatever reason (legal issues, processed, etc) and have not spilled the beans yet. Must have gotten one hell of a "settlement" package OR maybe there really is no fire where WE see smoke.

I think the bammer coaches sell some of these guys on the vision that UAT is just their next step to heir way to the NFL...I mean that is their big recruiting spiel. But, apparently the recruiters forget to tell them that they will have to work their a**** off, beat out a bunch of other superbly athletic guys and do exactly as they are told for the next three or four years. For some 5* players, life and adulation came easy in HS....they were biggest, fastest and strongest kids on the field at about whatever position they played and slid through with modest effort.

I suspect a lot of guys buying the NFL destination sales pitch were expecting to go the NFL...as their destiny... but did not realize how hard they would have to work for 3 or 4 years to get there....and just were not willing to make the personal sacrifices to do it.

Happens everywhere but makes the news when a top rated bama kid learns the facts of life.

I don't understand why so many players have left uat over the past 1 - 6 years for whatever reason (legal issues, processed, etc) and have not spilled the beans yet. Must have gotten one hell of a "settlement" package OR maybe there really is no fire where WE see smoke.

Money. Plain and simple. And it's not just smoke.

Truth^^

Truth^^

Even if they do "Spill the Beans" it's not like the NCAA nor the SEC will do anything.

It's especially hard to be a football star in the Shoals area and NOT go to Bama if its known you got an offer from Tuscaloser. The pressure from Shoals friends, students, teachers and basically everybody around you is enormous. I witnessed some pretty unbelievable stuff when my Coffee High teammate Collis Campbell turned down Bama for Auburn.

It's especially hard to be a football star in the Shoals area and NOT go to Bama if its known you got an offer from Tuscaloser. The pressure from Shoals friends, students, teachers and basically everybody around you is enormous. I witnessed some pretty unbelievable stuff when my Coffee High teammate Collis Campbell turned down Bama for Auburn.

This^^. It's like a cult for people in the shoals area. I let it be known everywhere I go, to let people know that I can't stand bama!

This^^. It's like a cult for people in the shoals area. I let it be known everywhere I go, to let people know that I can't stand bama!

There are more of us around than there used to be. It will probably always be more Bama people but the influence will be less. In politics you've seen a shift more toward Republicans even at the local level. In years past that would have been unthinkable. Maybe we can accomplish something similar with Auburn.

If nothing else, I hope recruits will start realizing that Saban Tech is not the Shangri-La they are sold, players are as disposable there as Saban's T.P., and the grass is only greener there in a short-term financial sense!

Ever thought of they or family members are threatened? I wouldn't put anything past the rec whenever secrecy is involved.

You have a rich imagination.

Ever thought of they or family members are threatened? I wouldn't put anything past the rec whenever secrecy is involved.

Call it what u want, but I've seen them in action and there's nothing imaginative about that.

Call it what u want, but I've seen them in action and there's nothing imaginative about that.

It's a different world when you see them up close on a daily basis vs out in Texas.

I'm from Florence, pretty much lot of the kids coming up respect me for my past athletic ability and for what I do now. Since it's a small community there hasn't been a big prospect African American guy that I didn't have a link to and as far as all the pressure and family stuff I haven't seen it. You have over zealous fans but that's from all sides actually. Most influence comes from coaches, that's for sure.

I'm from russellville and I as well was an athlete and still compete from time to time and from my eyes I HAVE seen it up close and personal

well another Golden Tiger

There is an old saying, "If you can make it in NY, you can make it anywhere." Fact is, a lot of people get a shot in NY and they don't make it. But that does not deter competitors. If you believe you've got the right stuff, you take your shot. It's the same with high school football players and Bama. They have been the star wherever they are. They believe in themselves.

The problem is, if you take your shot in NY and don't make it, you can always step back to Chicago, SF, LA, Atlanta, whatever. If you don't make it at Bama, it's not like you can step back to UGA, LSU, Auburn.

Dee Liner was a very good high school football player. He had a lot of potential. He believed in himself and took his shot at Bama. He was one of the ones who didn't make it. But others did make it. Now he's sorta SOL. But I can't blame him, and really, I can't blame Saban/Bama. There are also kids who leave other teams, transferring, because they can't get playing time. It's just the way things work.

I'm from russellville and I as well was an athlete and still compete from time to time and from my eyes I HAVE seen it up close and personal

That's right

That's right

Yeah I don't know anything about Russellville besides when I would score twenty on them every time I played lol. And the last 4 or 5 years Florence has had a good 8-10 d1 guys. I don't remember hardly any from Russellville since Brent...so if you talking about what you saw years ago ok, but as far as Florence kids the stuff put on here is embellished a good bit imo

That's right

Yeah I don't know anything about Russellville besides when I would score twenty on them every time I played lol. And the last 4 or 5 years Florence has had a good 8-10 d1 guys. I don't remember hardly any from Russellville since Brent...so if you talking about what you saw years ago ok, but as far as Florence kids the stuff put on here is embellished a good bit imo

In my case it would go much farther back. Back then it was Coffee High and Bradshaw I'm sure those schools no longer exist or maybe have consolidated or added more schools. As for myself I played DB at R'ville won 44 football games in a row and back to back state championships. My junior year we seen 3 players to bama, 1 Auburn, 1 Ky. and 1 to Western Ky. But I was much better at golf then football. Sounds like the BB program pretty well sucks at R'ville.

Wish the best for Dee

That's right

In my case it would go much farther back. Back then it was Coffee High and Bradshaw I'm sure those schools no longer exist or maybe have consolidated or added more schools. As for myself I played DB at R'ville won 44 football games in a row and back to back state championships. My junior year we seen 3 players to bama, 1 Auburn, 1 Ky. and 1 to Western Ky. But I was much better at golf then football. Sounds like the BB program pretty well sucks at R'ville.

Wish the best for Dee

It didn't when me and Chucky played bball and fball,we didn't lose to to either florence school to often, no one player dominated against russellville when I played. I guess it runs in cycles, but I also want to wish Dee luck as well. Hopefully he learned a lesson from this expierience

Archived