Baseball vs. Arkansas Game 1

Arkansas has taken advantage of every mistake..... and AU has made plenty.

poorest game we have played in quite a while...went six or seven games without an error....but made 3 or 4 tonight plus the mental errors that cost us a couple runs. This is the kind of game that my old HS coach would have us out for another hour of practice as so soon as the other team left the field.

poorest game we have played in quite a while...went six or seven games without an error....but made 3 or 4 tonight plus the mental errors that cost us a couple runs. This is the kind of game that my old HS coach would have us out for another hour of practice as so soon as the other team left the field.

Only saw the last 2 innings but can't remeber two worse innings this year. The mental errors were numerous and costly. Both from the players as well as the coaches.

Only saw the last 2 innings but can't remeber two worse innings this year. The mental errors were numerous and costly. Both from the players as well as the coaches.

Shades of last season....I was hoping that was behind us. It's like they backslid tonight for some reason.

Shades of last season....

Indeed.

Good thing you missed...the 5th or 6th ...I forget which...gave up 5 runs with bonehead plays.....but the 8th looked like a mini- replay with WP, bad throws, etc....so you did not miss much....

Wondered why we left Wingenter in for so long last night. Was getting hit hard and giving up walks/runs. Holliday would not go get him. Poorly coached last night, I thought. Lets put it behind us and win the series.

Wondered why we left Wingenter in for so long last night. Was getting hit hard and giving up walks/runs. Holliday would not go get him. Poorly coached last night, I thought. Lets put it behind us and win the series.

Good question but about every time it looked like it was time to go get him, he would strike out a couple guys. His inconsistency was what killed him....and the team.

BUT, when AU pulled him for our best reliever and the game still in doubt....someone really screwed up and the arky batter got a nice 0-2 fastball to hit. Never saw Holliday so mad....he was fuming...and as Holliday was reaming guys out, the catcher was just standing there thinking..."don't look at me". Kind of funny except for the vision of the game flying away.

Archived