Some stupid stuff with welfare and Kansas

Texan4Auburn

Does anyone honestly think that those on welfare need to be spending the people's money on tattoos and lap dances ?

no. but i also don't like to see farmers spending six figures a year competing in tractor pulls while the millions they are supplemented are published in the news paper. 75% of veterans i know claim a bogus disability and cash checks too. i could go on, the point is almost anyone will take a handout if they can get it. not all need or deserve it. i do wish there was a way to cull those that have no intention of getting on their feet. at the same time are you willing to let their children starve?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone honestly think that those on welfare need to be spending the people's money on tattoos and lap dances ?

no. but i also don't like to see farmers spending six figures a year competing in tractor pulls while the millions they are supplemented are published in the news paper. 75% of veterans i know claim a bogus disability and cash checks too. i could go on, the point is almost anyone will take a handout if they can get it. not all need or deserve it. i do wish there was a way to cull those that have no intention of getting on their feet. at the same time are you willing to let their children starve?

So, if others do it, we can justify lap dances, tattoos and what ever the hell those on welfare want to spend, because ... ?

You cut where you can , where it's easiest to , and making it so welfare recipients can only use OUR $ on the essentials should be the lowest hanging fruit on the tree.

So, if others do it, we can justify lap dances, tattoos and what ever the hell those on welfare want to spend, because ... ?

You cut where you can , where it's easiest to , and making it so welfare recipients can only use OUR $ on the essentials should be the lowest hanging fruit on the tree.

i didnt justify anything. your money is wasted on more than tattoos and lap dances but those seem to bother you more.

how do you propose to do that?

Really ? The best minds in D.C. can't figure this stuff out, and yet I'm suppose to over haul the entire welfare system in a political forum ?

<_<

Issue easily Identifiable welfare cards that can only ring up pre-approved items at a grocery store, and issue only one to a household.

Welfare shouldn't get cash period. Some states do that and I highly disagree with giving them cash. If they didn't get cash then they couldn't waste the money on other stuff.

If they are using the SNAP cards (least in Alabama) for those items then that means the store itself has tampered with the coding of the item in their system so it labels as food. Registers will block those items and not take them off of the EBT card and leave a balance for the customer to pay. Or they are manually entering the item to get around the system code. Thus the store itself is guilty of fraud, should be fined, and then no longer allowed to accept those forms of payment. So if you see it, then report it to the Department of Public Health.

If stores are just going through and labeling stuff as WIC then report them. There are set standards of what WIC can purchase. The registers will actually reject the items again and leave a balance. Unless of course again, the store is involved in the fraud. Easy to see what can and can't be sold in your state:

http://www.adph.org/wic/assets/ApprovedFoodsBrochureEnglish.pdf

See the F's following the items numbers in this receipt. That F at Walmart stands for Food. Anything that doesn't have that F after it will not be deducted from the SNAP card. The reason the potato wedge doesn't have a F is cause SNAP is not suppose to be able to buy hot/prepared foods.

receipt-main.gif

Cut them taxis for the job crators. Cut them well fair benifits. Cut funding for edgucashun.

http://www.latimes.c...umn.html#page=1

YEA Alabama! #1 in cuttin fundin for learnin.

You are a trip! LOL!

i didnt justify anything. your money is wasted on more than tattoos and lap dances but those seem to bother you more.

how do you propose to do that?

No, no. We are 18 trillion in the hole. Tattoos, lap dances, and lazy libtards are primarily responsible. This is exactly where we should start.

The rich get government handouts just like the poor. Here are 10 of them:

http://www.washingto...are-10-of-them/

Deductions aren't hand outs.

You're delusional.

I'm also right.

It's not the govt's money.

No. That is wrong. It is tax revenue that, for whatever reason, the government decided not to collect or, deferred collection to a later date. Part of a very convoluted system of taxation.

Part of how it's viewed, but like so much wrong with society, govt's, etc, we all just play along & accept it.

I think that assistance should be given as a bridge to get you through until you find employment of some kind. I have no issue with my tax dollars helping those that fall on hard times as I know what that is like. But, I do have an issue with people who have no desire to work because it's easier to just sit around and get a check. There should be a requirement that you put forth effort.

agree. Just hard to differentiate between the two policy wise. Then the far right wing want to starve everyone.

really Alex? Exaggerate much?

I think that assistance should be given as a bridge to get you through until you find employment of some kind. I have no issue with my tax dollars helping those that fall on hard times as I know what that is like. But, I do have an issue with people who have no desire to work because it's easier to just sit around and get a check. There should be a requirement that you put forth effort.

agree. Just hard to differentiate between the two policy wise. Then the far right wing want to starve everyone.

Cut social programs?

Cut entitlements?

Cut taxes for the wealthiest?

Undermine democracy by supporting Citizens United and undermining voting rights?

Exaggeration? What exaggeration? The so-called, new "conservatives" are bigger sellouts than the "old guard", "establishment" Republicans. Unfortunately, they aren't smart enough, or maybe politically savvy enough, or both, to know it.

why are you the far right?

Now that's ironic. Cool tigger criticizing someone else's hyperbole. :laugh:

In what world? Just because it doesn't come to them in the form of an EBT card it's not a handout?

Give me a 100$

Oh, wait. you're an admin. You're exempt.

I just gave you 100$.

In what world? Just because it doesn't come to them in the form of an EBT card it's not a handout?

Give me a 100$

I just gave you 100$.

Well, if there's a legal obligation for everyone else to pay $100, then yes, you effectively gave him $100.

Give me a 100$

I just gave you 100$.

Well, if there's a legal obligation for everyone else to pay $100, then yes, you effectively gave him $100.

I'm guessing he will continue to deny this simple and apparent logic.

Give me a 100$

I just gave you 100$.

No, it's more like:

There's a $100 fee to be here. I'm supposed to pay it, you're supposed to pay it.

No wait, I'm an admin. I get a $50 break on fees. So I pay $50, you pay $100.

--OR--

There's a $100 fee to be here. I'm supposed to pay it, you're supposed to pay it.

No wait, I'm an admin. I get a $50 break on fees. So I pay $100, you pay $100.

Later I'm mailed a $50 VISA Debit Card.

In which of these scenarios did AUF not give me $50?

Archived