Iran's Revolutionary Guards Commander Supports Nuclear Agreement

AUUSN

The commander of Iran’s powerful Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps (IRGC) has expressed support for the nuclear framework agreement that was announced on April 2, clearing the way for a comprehensive deal that could curb Iran's nuclear activities in exchange for sanctions relief.

In comments published by Iranian news agencies, Mohammad Ali Jafari praised the Iranian nuclear negotiators and said that they had fought for the rights of the nation while respecting the red lines set by the establishment.

“With God’s grace, the revolutionary children of Islamic Iran have succeeded in their diplomatic battle to defend the rights of the Iranian competently,” said Jaafari.

He added that the Iranian nation and the IRGC are appreciative of the “honest” efforts and resistance of the Iranian nuclear team on red lines.

The comments are the latest endorsement of the tentative deal reached in Lausanne by figures within the Iranian establishment.

The chief of staff of the Iranian armed forces, Hassan Firouzabadi,endorsed the deal over the weekend and congratulated the Iranian nation over the success of nuclear talks.

Iranian media reported that majority of the conservative-dominated parliament have been positive about the outcome of the talks in Lausanne and said that Iran’s Foreign Minister Javad Zarif and his team had negotiated based on Iran’s national interests.The lawmakers were briefed on the talks and the deal in an April 7 closed-door meeting with Iranian Foreign Minister Javad Zarif and Ali Akbar Salehi, the head of Iran’s Atomic Energy Organization.

Iran’s Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei who has the last say in all state affairs has so far remained silent.

But Friday Prayers leaders, who receive their talking points from Khamenei’s office, have endorsed the tentative deal and expressed support for the negotiators.

-- Golnaz Esfandiari

http://www.rferl.org/content/commander-of-iran-revolutionary-guards-express-support-for-framework-agreement/26944734.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure he does. Iran came out smelling like a rose in this deal.

How so? Please explain exactly. I know you won't because that's not your Modus Operandi...

How so? Please explain exactly. I know you won't because that's not your Modus Operandi...

Thats easy...they got everything they wanted. They're NOT shutting down Fordow or Arak neither of which are necessary for peaceful use of nuclear power nor are they shipping the uranium that is already enriched to a 3rd party...IOW, they're keeping all of it. They got ALL their sanctions relieved and quite simply took Bolt Neck and your hero to school insofar as winning a negotiation goes.

Thats easy...they got everything they wanted. They're NOT shutting down Fordow or Arak neither of which are necessary for peaceful use of nuclear power nor are they shipping the uranium that is already enriched to a 3rd party...IOW, they're keeping all of it. They got ALL their sanctions relieved and quite simply took Bolt Neck and your hero to school insofar as winning a negotiation goes.

I would say that Obama is not s hero to him but more of a god. He literally worships Obama.

I would say that Obama is not s hero to him but more of a god. He literally worships Obama.

In other words there is no room in your brain to discuss anything rationally....just as I suspected. Seems to me Obama takes up way more of your grey matter than mine. He has set up camp in your head and as a result you have become a loon. I mean look at your incomprehensible sentence above. You couldn't even take the time to proofread it before hitting 'post.' You are a board pariah and people laugh at your insane ramblings. It's sad really. I don't pity you because I don't know you; I frankly don't care.

Yeah, I get tickled when I see these posts talking about how we "worship" Obama.

It's as if they have to assume we have an equal and opposite neurosis than theirs. I suppose it's a way of justifying their own Obama obsession.

If you simply point out their ODS, you must necessarily "worship" Obama. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I get tickled when I see these posts talking about how we "worship" Obama.

It's as if they have to assume we have an equal and opposite neurosis than theirs. I suppose it's a way of justifying their own Obama obsession.

If you simply point out their ODS, you must necessarily "worship" Obama. :rolleyes:

They take victimology to a whole new level. They whine more than anyone else on this board.

The deal will be looked at as a great accomplishment but it will not stop them from acquiring a nuclear weapon. Reminds me of North Korea.

Phase II

• 1980–1985: North Korea builds a factory at Yongbyon to refine yellowcake and produce fuel for reactors.[2]
  • 1984: The DPRK completes construction of a "Radiochemical laboratory", which is actually a reprocessing plant used to separate plutonium from spent nuclear fuel at the Yongbyon site.[2]
  • 1984–1986: North Korea completes construction on a 5 MWe gas-cooled, graphite-moderated nuclear reactor for plutonium production. North Korea also commences with the construction of a second 50 MWe nuclear reactor.[2]
  • 1987: The Yongbyon IRT-2000 research reactor reaches a power rating of 8 MW.[2]
  • 1989: Soviet control of communist governments throughout Europe begins to weaken, and the Cold War comes to a close. Post-Soviet states emerge in Eastern Europe and Central Asia. As the USSR's power declines, North Korea loses the security guarantees and economic support that had sustained it for 45 years.
  • Through satellite photos, the U.S. learns of new construction at a nuclear complex near the North Korean town of Yongbyon. U.S. intelligence analysts suspect that North Korea, which had signed the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT) in 1985 but had not yet allowed inspections of its nuclear facilities, is in the early stages of building a nuclear bomb.[4]
  • In response, the U.S. pursues a strategy in which North Korea's full compliance with the NPT would lead to progress on other diplomatic issues, such as the normalization of relations.
  • 1991: The U.S. withdrew its last nuclear weapons from South Korea in December 1991, though U.S. affirmation of this action was not clear, resulting in rumors persisting that nuclear weapons remained in South Korea.[5] The U.S. had deployed nuclear weapons in South Korea since January 1958, peaking in number at about 950 warheads in 1967.[6]
  • 1992: In May, for the first time, North Korea allows a team from the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA). The Agency inspection finds inconsistencies with North Korea declarations.[7] Hans Blix, head of the IAEA, and the U.S. suspect that North Korea is secretly using its five-megawatt reactor and reprocessing facility at Yongbyon to turn spent fuel into weapons-grade plutonium. Before leaving, Blix arranges for fully equipped inspection teams to follow.
  • The inspections do not go well. Over the next several months, the North Koreans repeatedly block inspectors from visiting two of Yongbyon's suspected nuclear waste sites, and IAEA inspectors find evidence that the country is not revealing the full extent of its plutonium production.
  • 1993: In March, North Korea threatens to withdraw from the NPT. Facing heavy domestic pressure from Republicans who oppose negotiations with North Korea, President Bill Clintonappoints Robert Gallucci to start a new round of negotiations. After 89 days, North Korea announces it has suspended its withdrawal. (The NPT requires three months notice before a country can withdraw.)
  • In December, IAEA Director-General Blix announces that the agency can no longer provide "any meaningful assurances" that North Korea is not producing nuclear weapons.
  • 12 October 1994: the United States and North Korea signed the "Agreed Framework": North Korea agreed to freeze its plutonium production program in exchange for fuel oil, economic cooperation, and the construction of two modern light-water nuclear power plants. Eventually, North Korea's existing nuclear facilities were to be dismantled, and the spent reactor fuel taken out of the country.
  • 26 October 1994: IAEA Chairman Hans Blix tells the British House of Commons' Foreign Affairs Select Committee the IAEA is "not very happy" with the Agreed Framework because it gives North Korea too much time to begin complying with the inspections regime.

Phase III

• 18 March 1996: Hans Blix tells the IAEA's Board of Governors North Korea has still not made its initial declaration of the amount of plutonium they possess, as required under the Agreed Framework, and warned that without the declaration IAEA would lose the ability to verify North Korea was not using its plutonium to develop weapons.
  • October 1997: spent nuclear fuel rods were encased in steel containers, under IAEA inspection.[8]
  • 31 August 1998: North Korea launched a modified Taepodong-1 missile in a launch attempt of its Kwangmyŏngsŏng-1 satellite. U.S. military analysts suspect satellite launch is a ruse for the testing of an ICBM.[9] This missile flew over Japan causing the Japanese government to retract 1 billion in aid for two civilian light-water reactors.
  • And the rest is history.

This will not deter Iran from acquiring a weapon. They've had too much time already and the cake is baked.

They take victimology to a whole new level. They whine more than anyone else on this board.

And you do not represent the entire thought process of the country or the US Navy. They have their say, and you have yours. Deal with it. Stop the "whining". lol!

And you do not represent the entire thought process of the country or the US Navy. They have their say, and you have yours. Deal with it. Stop the "whining". lol!

Stop trolling.....

Unless the joint statement was a lie, that rant is not at all representative of the tentative agreement.

http://eeas.europa.eu/statements-eeas/2015/150402_03_en.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Negotiations_on_Iran_nuclear_deal_framework

Stop trolling.....

Try and stop me.

Stop trolling.....

Try and stop me.

Done.

Stop trolling.....

Try and stop me.

Done.

LMAO!

Well, let's face it. Tigger finally figured it all out. It's one big universal conspiracy by liberals and the main stream media to destroy Christianity, capitalism and the American Way.

I knew we couldn't keep it under wraps forever. :no::rolleyes:

The deal will be looked at as a great accomplishment but it will not stop them from acquiring a nuclear weapon. Reminds me of North Korea.

Phase II

• 1980–1985: North Korea builds a factory at Yongbyon to refine yellowcake and produce fuel for reactors.[2]
  • 1984: The DPRK completes construction of a "Radiochemical laboratory", which is actually a reprocessing plant used to separate plutonium from spent nuclear fuel at the Yongbyon site.[2]
  • 1984–1986: North Korea completes construction on a 5 MWe gas-cooled, graphite-moderated nuclear reactor for plutonium production. North Korea also commences with the construction of a second 50 MWe nuclear reactor.[2]
  • 1987: The Yongbyon IRT-2000 research reactor reaches a power rating of 8 MW.[2]
  • 1989: Soviet control of communist governments throughout Europe begins to weaken, and the Cold War comes to a close. Post-Soviet states emerge in Eastern Europe and Central Asia. As the USSR's power declines, North Korea loses the security guarantees and economic support that had sustained it for 45 years.
  • Through satellite photos, the U.S. learns of new construction at a nuclear complex near the North Korean town of Yongbyon. U.S. intelligence analysts suspect that North Korea, which had signed the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT) in 1985 but had not yet allowed inspections of its nuclear facilities, is in the early stages of building a nuclear bomb.[4]
  • In response, the U.S. pursues a strategy in which North Korea's full compliance with the NPT would lead to progress on other diplomatic issues, such as the normalization of relations.
  • 1991: The U.S. withdrew its last nuclear weapons from South Korea in December 1991, though U.S. affirmation of this action was not clear, resulting in rumors persisting that nuclear weapons remained in South Korea.[5] The U.S. had deployed nuclear weapons in South Korea since January 1958, peaking in number at about 950 warheads in 1967.[6]
  • 1992: In May, for the first time, North Korea allows a team from the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA). The Agency inspection finds inconsistencies with North Korea declarations.[7] Hans Blix, head of the IAEA, and the U.S. suspect that North Korea is secretly using its five-megawatt reactor and reprocessing facility at Yongbyon to turn spent fuel into weapons-grade plutonium. Before leaving, Blix arranges for fully equipped inspection teams to follow.
  • The inspections do not go well. Over the next several months, the North Koreans repeatedly block inspectors from visiting two of Yongbyon's suspected nuclear waste sites, and IAEA inspectors find evidence that the country is not revealing the full extent of its plutonium production.
  • 1993: In March, North Korea threatens to withdraw from the NPT. Facing heavy domestic pressure from Republicans who oppose negotiations with North Korea, President Bill Clintonappoints Robert Gallucci to start a new round of negotiations. After 89 days, North Korea announces it has suspended its withdrawal. (The NPT requires three months notice before a country can withdraw.)
  • In December, IAEA Director-General Blix announces that the agency can no longer provide "any meaningful assurances" that North Korea is not producing nuclear weapons.
  • 12 October 1994: the United States and North Korea signed the "Agreed Framework": North Korea agreed to freeze its plutonium production program in exchange for fuel oil, economic cooperation, and the construction of two modern light-water nuclear power plants. Eventually, North Korea's existing nuclear facilities were to be dismantled, and the spent reactor fuel taken out of the country.
  • 26 October 1994: IAEA Chairman Hans Blix tells the British House of Commons' Foreign Affairs Select Committee the IAEA is "not very happy" with the Agreed Framework because it gives North Korea too much time to begin complying with the inspections regime.

Phase III

• 18 March 1996: Hans Blix tells the IAEA's Board of Governors North Korea has still not made its initial declaration of the amount of plutonium they possess, as required under the Agreed Framework, and warned that without the declaration IAEA would lose the ability to verify North Korea was not using its plutonium to develop weapons.
  • October 1997: spent nuclear fuel rods were encased in steel containers, under IAEA inspection.[8]
  • 31 August 1998: North Korea launched a modified Taepodong-1 missile in a launch attempt of its Kwangmyŏngsŏng-1 satellite. U.S. military analysts suspect satellite launch is a ruse for the testing of an ICBM.[9] This missile flew over Japan causing the Japanese government to retract 1 billion in aid for two civilian light-water reactors.
  • And the rest is history.

This will not deter Iran from acquiring a weapon. They've had too much time already and the cake is baked.

So what exactly should we have done? Walk away from it? What would that accomplished.

You folks are just butt hurt because of this because pretty much every rational voice in the world welcomes it. It's a success for Obama and you just can't stand that.

Gee, I must have missed that part. :-\

That's a pretty lame post emt. You're better than that.

Bottom line on this deal is that Iran gets to keep what material they already have and can go on making more stopping just short of being weapons grade. They get to keep their advanced centrifuges. The sanctions get lifted. They get to use the money to sponsor more terrorist activities around the world. Once this deal expires they can go right ahead and make enough weapons grade to make hundreds of bombs. For the length of this deal they get protected from getting their existing material taken out. Does anyone think we'll go to war to stop them in ten years if we won't now? Without a credible threat of military action they have no reason to stop.

Bottom line on this deal is that Iran gets to keep what material they already have and can go on making more stopping just short of being weapons grade. They get to keep their advanced centrifuges. The sanctions get lifted. They get to use the money to sponsor more terrorist activities around the world. Once this deal expires they can go right ahead and make enough weapons grade to make hundreds of bombs. For the length of this deal they get protected from getting their existing material taken out. Does anyone think we'll go to war to stop them in ten years if we won't now? Without a credible threat of military action they have no reason to stop.

Lets get to warrin and kill all the sobs. Right now! Four its two late.

Instead of predictably acting like a pathetic troll why don't you explain what a good deal this is for America to all of us who just don't see it?

War Tim? Is that you?

Nope. Bottom line, with this deal their lead time to produce a weapon is a year. (Even if global sanctions were extended, which they wouldn't be). Without this deal it's a few months.

With this deal we have access to their nuclear operations for inspection and verification as well as procurement records, etc. Without this deal we don't.

With this deal, we can kick the can down the road for 10 years. A lot can happen in a country as young and politically dynamic as Iran in 10 years.

With or without this deal, Iran has the money to fund terrorism. But with this deal, we will have an established base and communication for further negotiations regarding this problem.

There is just no way you can rationally spin the facts to portray this agreement as worse than no agreement.

It is obvious you are just butt hurt because Obama will get the credit for it. But that's no reason to oppose a strategy that is clearly to the benefit of our country. It's really kind of ironic seeing as how you are constantly complaining about Obama deliberately trying to damage our country.

You need to look into a mirror to see who would sacrifice the best interests of our country for the sake of political spite.

Archived