supper club to close

Butthead

Nooooooo! Is nothing sacred anymore??? First Sani-Flush, now this??? Even though I only went there once or twice (honestly, I swear!) it just seems wrong. That was there when my parents were at Auburn, I think! This is awful! >:(

I'm actually surprised after all these years they didn't own the building. Let that be a lesson for all small businesses ...

Probably some Bammer, determined to eradicate Auburn tradition, owns the building. >:( j/k

They've been trying to poison the building for years and it hasn't worked...

Probably some Bammer, determined to eradicate Auburn tradition, owns the building. >:( j/k

They've been trying to poison the building for years and it hasn't worked...

Laughs. I admit to drinking plenty of poison there.

noooooooooo.

http://www.al.com/en...e_entertainment

sorry, but not sure where to post this.

Brandt tried to renegotiate the lease and new owner wouldn't do long term and raised the rent. They couldn't afford it so they gotta close or relocate. I guess if the operator couldn't afford increased rent then he couldn't afford to buy the building..

An Auburn University Landmark for decades. I'm sad to see it go. I hope they do relocate and keep the name. It does not surprise me that the landlord wants the Supper Club out. That piece of property is valuable. The landlord probably already has plans for it.

An Auburn University Landmark for decades. I'm sad to see it go. I hope they do relocate and keep the name. It does not surprise me that the landlord wants the Supper Club out. That piece of property is valuable. The landlord probably already has plans for it.

That's why the new owner refused to do a long term lease agreement with Brandt.

This breaks my heart. I used to get the world's greatest pizza there when it was just known as the War Eagle. I hope this is a rumor. Some of you younger folks on here might not remember they served great pizza and for $ 1,00 !!!!!!!. Had some great times there in the dark ages, late 1950s. If this is true Auburn has lost one of its greatest traditions and land marks. :'( :'( :'(

Well damn I met my 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 7th Auburn girlfriend there. 2 Pam's, 1 Laura and 1 Mandy. Oh those were the days....................and let the PBR's flow

Well damn I met my 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 7th Auburn girlfriend there. 2 Pam's, 1 Laura and 1 Mandy. Oh those were the days....................and let the PBR's flow

Golf, its probably a good thing we didn't run in to each other on my second trip to AU. I am sure I would have been divorced because I don't think you would have beeen a really good influence on family life at that particular time but that's OK, I eventually did get divorced and now have the greatest wife I could wish for, even though she is a Georgia Bulldog, Auburn is her second best team. We will be at A-Day so let me know if we can get together. A PM would be nice. WDE!!! bro

PM on the way and your right I would have been a bad influence for sure. Its hard trying to stay up with Tom Banks and Miles Jones. Didn't get married until I was 37 and still hanging in there with my WVU girl................................

Now back to the Supper Club discussion.

I'm actually surprised after all these years they didn't own the building. Let that be a lesson for all small businesses ...

owning the building isn't always the best option in business.

I should have DUI's, STD's, Liver Disease, Be Dead, and many other things due to the Supper Club. How dare they close this place.

Apparently myself and Golf would of gotten along nicely there while drinking some vino, catching some rays, and womanizing while waiting on individuals to fix our tank.

And also comparing our dog imrepssions.

As I get older I get sentimental. I live and grew up in Huntsville. Places and institutions that meant so much to my life are dissapearing. Stone middle school gone, my elementary school, Mcdonald is closing at the end of this year. My high school SR Butler is closing at the end of the year. It hurts deeply to see these places go away.

The same for the supper club. I have some wonderful memories and a few I would like to forget. To the girl whose car I crashed crossing the interstate, headed to the club I'm sorry, it really wasn't my fault the guy was passed out in his car.

Prob four years ago, I took a date to a football game,and we stayed next door to the supper club. It was so surreal, that as we checked into our room I told her about some of the bands I had listened to at the club. The primary 2 were the velcro pygmies and ziggy and the zigtones. Great times. After the game that night, allready liquored up, we wondered next door. Would you believe, inside,the pygmies were playing. Party on then we went outside, they had a one man man band singing. Even more incredible it was ziggy. He told me he hadn't played there in years.i was still rocking hard and partying even harder when we made it back to the room lateeeee in the night. If that is the way me and the supper club part ways, amen, thank you lord.

I should have DUI's, STD's, Liver Disease, Be Dead, and many other things due to the Supper Club. How dare they close this place.

Apparently myself and Golf would of gotten along nicely there while drinking some vino, catching some rays, and womanizing while waiting on individuals to fix our tank.

And also comparing our dog imrepssions.

Not vino unless a girl required it. PBR's baby..................Many a nights after being there then having to get up at 7am to practice golf with a frickin hangover. We had a dress code even for practice eventually the coach gave up and said it was ok to just show up for practice.

Archived