First AU Offensive Play: 2015

aucanucktiger

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Somebody please post a "Princess Bride" meme here. ("Truly you have a dizzying intellect.")

Wait 'til I get going. Where was I? Oh, yes. Australia. And you must have known I knew the poisons origin, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.

Zone read JJ and Roc. To give the defenders a false sense of security that this offense hasn't changed. Even if it's just for a play lol

Took 5 pages but I found the right answer!

I have no doubts Roc will be the first RB out there and this seems like the most likely play.

Swing pass to Roc.

Too soon?

Actually, I would like for the first play to be the play that Louis caught the tip on Georgia in 2013. That would be a great Todd Grantham troll.

Zone read JJ and Roc. To give the defenders a false sense of security that this offense hasn't changed. Even if it's just for a play lol

Took 5 pages but I found the right answer!

I have no doubts Roc will be the first RB out there and this seems like the most likely play.

That's the play...otherwise if Gus is feeling tricky it could be a toss sweep to Roc ...going right.

Stat can give the actual figures but I think that 87.43% of AU's first down plays are run between the tackles.

Somebody please post a "Princess Bride" meme here. ("Truly you have a dizzying intellect.")

Wait 'til I get going. Where was I? Oh, yes. Australia. And you must have known I knew the poisons origin, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.

This is why I still vote for a play-action pass. AUEngineer suggested you have to run first to set up the play-action pass; but I disagree. You only need your opponent to be worried about the threat of the run. That's more than enough on the first play of the game.

Of course, Petrino would obviously have had a similar thought process. The only thing we can do is build up an immunity to being stopped by any defense. So, it'll be one of those 'fight song' plays for a TD.

Just please don't let it be the bubble screen to a WR where someone misses a block and we lose 5 yards.

Or where there is no designated blocker whatsoever...

Just please don't let it be the bubble screen to a WR where someone misses a block and we lose 5 yards.

Yes this too. I swear we nearly always lose yards when we run it but when another team runs it against us they gain like 15.

Yes this too. I swear we nearly always lose yards when we run it but when another team runs it against us they gain like 15.

I think 2008 was the first year I started pulling my hair out for our inability to stop obvious screen plays.

As many have said on here, I believe zone read with handoff to Roc. I think with so many new linemen (or new to their spot) the coaches are going to want to establish the LOS and give them the opportunity to push around the "best front 7 in the ACC".

Archived