Why even print this article?

LKEEL75

This is such crap. I imagine a lot of parents, siblings and girlfriends get jobs at other universities that a recruit is going to....

http://www.theonion.com/articles/girl-dating-star-recruit-thrilled-to-learn-auburn,36109

But on the other side, if this was the Turds doing, I am sure there would be an article in the Woodshed about it.

I haven't clicked on the link (can't) but, it appears to be an article from The Onion which would mean it's not news, it's satire and purely meant for comedy.

EDIT: I should note that I'm generally a BIG fan of The Onion's work, and I think I'd be willing to admit when an obviously satirical article, even about my beloved Auburn, is funny.

However, I went to their site and searched for this article and read it. It seems pretty shoddy work from them. Not really funny and not obviously satirical like most of their stuff. They're better than this.

You obviously are not familiar with The Onion. It's a site for satirical news articles.

Thanks, No I am not familiar with them. I didn't want to believe it was valid but never know.

It amazes me how often The Onion dupes people (no offense to anyone here--you weren't the first and won't be the last).

Honey, is that you? (Because my wife never understands Onion articles that I send her).

On a related note, Wrigley Field is finally retiring its famous ivy-covered urinals.

You obviously are not familiar with The Onion. It's a site for satirical news articles.

Thanks, No I am not familiar with them. I didn't want to believe it was valid but never know.

The article is damn near a year old............May 2014???????

Thought it sounded familiar.

I always get a kick out of people who take the articles seriously.

ha. It obviously did not work huh? Brian Howard, never heard of him.

The Onion has published amazing investigative journalism like:

Proclaiming North Korea's leader Kim Jong-un "The Sexiest Man Alive"

Announcing that Evangelical Scientists Refute Gravity with 'Intelligent Falling' Theory

Revealing that Alabama Boosters Under Fire for Funding Nick Saban's Sex Change Operation

Hilarious website.

This site can help with detecting satire or fake news sites.

http://realorsatire.com/

This site can help with detecting satire or fake news sites.

http://realorsatire.com/

I'm blown away that something like this needs to exist. My goodness people...

Alarmingly, in the age of John Stewart how many 20 & 30-somethings believe this article IS accurate, professional investigative news reporting?

Didn't they just fool the North Koreans with a BS article?

Yep. My favorite was when a Republican congressman from Louisiana was duped with the ridiculously titled article "Planned Parenthood Opens $8 Billion Abortionplex."

http://www.theonion.com/articles/planned-parenthood-opens-8-billion-abortionplex,20476/

Archived