Khamenei: WH 'Lying,' 'Deceptive,' and 'Devilish' Intentions...

DKW 86

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/ayatollah-khamenei-accuses-wh-lying-being-deceptive-and-having-devilish-intentions_914336.html

Ayatollah Khamenei Accuses WH of 'Lying,' Being 'Deceptive,' and Having 'Devilish' Intentions

President Obama has long known that the real decision maker in Iran is Ayatollah Khamenei, the so-called supreme leader. While other Iranian officials have negotiated with Western powers over the mullahs’ nuclear program, Khamenei’s opinion is the only one that really counts. It is for this reason that Obama began writing directly to Khamenei early in his presidency.

ayatollah_2146641b.jpg

Earlier today, Khamenei broke his silence on the supposed “framework” the Obama administration has been trumpeting as the basis for a nuclear accord. Khamenei’s speech pulled the rug out from underneath the administration.

Khamenei accused the Obama administration of “lying” about the proposed terms, being “deceptive,” and having “devilish” intentions, according to multiple published accounts of his speech, as well as posts on his official Twitter feed.

Khamenei also disputed the key terms Obama administration officials have said were agreed upon in principle. Economic sanctions will not be phased out once Iran’s compliance has been “verified,” according to the Ayatollah. Instead, Khamenei said that if the U.S. wants a deal, then all sanctions must be dropped as soon as the agreement is finalized. Khamenei also put strict limits on the reach of the inspectors who would be tasked with this verification process in the first place.

Posted this in another topic. Look at number 8. Mousavi is prescient, isn't he?

10 Ways Recent Nuclear Deal with Iran Is Good News

1. This is a victory for the Iranian people and by the Iranian people. I’m glad because we made this happen. We went to the streets and protested. We forced them to let Rouhani be elected. We forced them to accept to deal with the west. We endured all the hardships. We went through fire and ice and it is our victory. I’m reading the deal for like the tenth time. All economic sanctions will be lifted. And with Rouhani’s powerful economic team – who have already reversed the economic disasters – soon Ahmadinejad years will be no more than a nightmare. Now my students will not have to see the bleak and dark years I have seen. Their life will not be defined by trauma and fear. I’m so glad to be alive and witness history. Rouhani acknowledged that in his speech addressing the nation.

2. Yes, this DOES stop Iran from building a nuclear bomb. Only one facility will enrich Uranium. Its purity will never go above 3.7%. Fordo and Arak (suspect facilities) will change functionality. The IAEA will be able to monitor Iran’s actions thoroughly. It will be physically impossible for Iran to build a bomb. The deal also meets the weird demands made by Khamenei. It’s truly win-win, and expertly crafted.

3. Iranian far-right say Iran has given up too much in this deal. Hossein Shariatmadari who’s possibly the most loathsome extremist I know of has said “We gave up the saddled horse and they gave us the torn tether instead”. American and Israeli right-wing says Iran hasn’t given up enough. I wonder how the same text can be interpreted so widely differently, it’s not even a scripture. (Spoiler: the enemies of the deal are lying or very ignorant).

4. This is a deal. Don’t be mistaken by buzzwords like “framework”, “outline”, or “parameters of a deal”. This is a deal. They’re not just calling it that because Khamenei wanted a deal in only one stage and not two, but originally March was supposed to be when the political deal happened and then in July the technical deal. This is the political deal rebranded. It’s much more important. This is a massive victory. And it is a historical.

5. This is a victory for Rouhani and the reformists. Khamenei did not block the deal while he could have, but I sincerely think he’s unhappy and he wouldn’t have if it wasn’t the pressure from the Iranian people. People went into the streets to clebrate the deal. Khamenei had given up already And if anyone but Rouhani was president this would have been very difficult or impossible. Simplistic readings of Iranian policy might not understand this but this truly is Rouhani’s achievement mainly.

6. This is the first step for Rouhani. In a speech addressed to Iranians after the deal, he said that this victory was a vindication of his pragmatic politics, that if we have cold relations with a country we must make it warmer, and if we are enemies with a country we must become friends. While conservatives were all emphatic “this is a nuclear deal and absolutely nothing else”. But Rouhani will push to make rational diplomacy dominant. And he might succeed. This is going to affect the upcoming parliamentary election much to Rouhani’s favor. Also Rouhani will be reelected with like a trillion percent of the votes.

7. The agreement is going to be ratified by the security council. It won’t be between two countries at all. So the congress oes not play a role and it will be internationally binding. If congress refuses to honor the deal USA will be considered a rogue state and since EU won’t coopeate their sanctons will be meaningless anyway. As you can see negotiators are much shrewder than what we all thought. They have tken congress out of equation. The congress can sabotage things until then, if they can get beyond Obama’s veto, but the next president won’t be able to make it null with the strike of a pen. (Sorry, Tom Cotton).

8. Iran and US will accuse each other of lying in the coming days. Truth is this is a win-win for both sides, but also both sides have given up huge parts of what they would ideally want. So Obama and co. will have to shine the turd for Republicans and Iranians for the conservatives, but it won’t mean much, and it’s just the sides interpreting things to their advantage.

9. Even if the deal is defeated in the next coming months, this is still a great development. People will most probably blame either Republicans or Iranian conservatives, but the energy is already injected into the society.

10. This might have very positive effects on human rights issues too. Listen, it’s as simple as this. A stronger Rouhani + more hopeful and energized people = more chances of actual reform through public activism and lobbying from Rouhani.

Overall: I’m happy, I’m hopeful, it was a historic event, and now the tides might turn to Iran’s better future much more possibly.

And we all hope it goes that way, but some of us remember dealing with the Iranians in the past.

All I'm going to say is this.........regardless of who is in the WH.............America will protect her interests and we will bend over other countries and our own citizens to accomplish those goals to accomplish those goals.

So hell ya.... lying, deception and devilish intentions!

Obama spoke of denying N. Korea of the bomb, but thinks Iran has a right to it.

Can anyone explain that one to me ?

This "deal" is about to go down the toilet. We've been told by the white house spin machine what it is but nobody knows. The entire "framework" is so ridiculous. About the only agreement they came to was to keep "negotiating" http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/obamas-iran-deal-in-trouble/article/2562737

This "deal" is about to go down the toilet. We've been told by the white house spin machine what it is but nobody knows. The entire "framework" is so ridiculous. About the only agreement they came to was to keep "negotiating" http://www.washingto...article/2562737

Obama is use to lying to promote his agenda, and a compliant US media to carry the water for him.

Here, Iran doesn't feel so inclined to play along.

Shocker.

This "deal" is about to go down the toilet. We've been told by the white house spin machine what it is but nobody knows. The entire "framework" is so ridiculous. About the only agreement they came to was to keep "negotiating" http://www.washingto...article/2562737

Obama is use to lying to promote his agenda, and a compliant US media to carry the water for him.

Shocker.

Obama is such a narcissist and he can't ever allow himself to think that he failed. He'll keep right on going with this. He wants this deal for his legacy and that is a bad place to be coming from. He'll give everything away just to get the deal done. I seriously doubt they would ever attack us directly. They will however change the entire balance in the ME and be able to seriously destabilize other countries. The biggest thing is that once sanctions are removed, they will never be put back in place. Russia and probably China too, would block anything that we tried to do.

Shocker.

Obama is such a narcissist and he can't ever allow himself to think that he failed. He'll keep right on going with this. He wants this deal for his legacy and that is a bad place to be coming from. He'll give everything away just to get the deal done. I seriously doubt they would ever attack us directly. They will however change the entire balance in the ME and be able to seriously destabilize other countries. The biggest thing is that once sanctions are removed, they will never be put back in place. Russia and probably China too, would block anything that we tried to do.

24021945.jpg

That's easy. The North Koreans aren't some of Obama's fellow Moslems. What's been raging in the ME for over 1300 years is the same old religious war, with slight variations. Apparently Iran conducts Obama's brand of Islamic beheading, therefore he's all on board with them having The Bomb.

That's easy. The North Koreans aren't some of Obama's fellow Moslems. What's been raging in the ME for over 1300 years is the same old religious war, with slight variations. Apparently Iran conducts Obama's brand of Islamic beheading, therefore he's all on board with them having The Bomb.

superthumb.jpg

Obama is obviously misguided and in love with his imaginary influence around the world. He even said as much when asked why he believed his Presidency would be effective in remedying foreign policy missteps. His reply was.."because you're getting me" He is THE WORST negotiator insofar as working for America's best interests in my lifetime. He's eager to extend trust to our enemies while at the same time treat our longest most trusted allies like second class citizens and theri concerns are, at best, only secondary considerations.

Once this deal implodes, and it will, because attempting to negotiate with Iranians and expecting them to hold up their end will be met with continuous disappointment with their obvious unwillingness to be trustworthy. After this failure Obama's Presidency will be in ashes.

AUSSN coming into port.....

If you can't come to the conclusion that the comment above is absolutely bonkers then you aren't the person I thought you were, prior service or not. So deride me all you want. I will never jump onboard with that type of thinking. It's lunacy.

Get a grip! It's called "comic relief" inside a forum that does NOTHING to change ANYTHING! Laugh and fire back for gods sake.

It was a dumb a$$ joke. I know good humor when I see it. I see you didn't say anything about the absolute crazy comment by Mikey. No, AUUSN rides a tug boat. Yuk Yuk.

You haven't been here very long, AUUSN. I've been known to shoot across the bow of anyone from any direction. Cool off my brother. I'll respect you moving forward by not allowing myself to post another tug.

AUSSN coming into port.....

If you can't come to the conclusion that the comment above is absolutely bonkers then you aren't the person I thought you were, prior service or not. So deride me all you want. I will never jump onboard with that type of thinking. It's lunacy.

Get a grip! It's called "comic relief" inside a forum that does NOTHING to change ANYTHING! Laugh and fire back for gods sake.

It was a dumb a$$ joke. I know good humor when I see it. I see you didn't say anything about the absolute crazy comment by Mikey. No, AUUSN rides a tug boat. Yuk Yuk.

In other news, 'Murica!

tumblr_mnnqllN45f1rt5tz7o1_1280.jpg

That's a bute right there. Magnificent.

Unfortunately, it's an old pic. Still has those sexy Tomcats on the flight deck.

When I was in Charleston a couple of weeks ago I had to go over to the Yorktown (it had been 17 years since I last saw her) and they had added a couple of Tomcats to her deck. A great Navy multipurpose fighting machine.

Unfortunately, it's an old pic. Still has those sexy Tomcats on the flight deck.

When I was in Charleston a couple of weeks ago I had to go over to the Yorktown (it had been 17 years since I last saw her) and they had added a couple of Tomcats to her deck. A great Navy multipurpose fighting machine.

And they don't get any better looking than VF-84 livery.

F-14-vf-84.jpg

AUsome picture. Always liked the tail on those birds.

Though the Hornet does wear it well too.

F-18%20VF-84%202005.jpg

Another great shot. The Corsair F4U is my favorite WWII era prop job. Mustangs are nice but Blacksheep made me fall in love with the gullwing.

Some post pics of Kermit the frog while others at least tried to give an answer to my question.

Sure. Your premise is wrong.

Next?

Only it wasn't wrong. Want me to fetch Obama's Brandenburg speech where he said exactly that about n Korea ? Or do you feel randy enough to find it yourself ?

Some post pics of Kermit the frog while others at least tried to give an answer to my question.

Another who thinks Mikey's statement was perfectly sane and deserved a response other than Kermit the Frog.

Archived