Where Are All The Democratic Presidential Candidates?

JoeBags7277

Just my thoughts: I don't know that I would put much money on Hillary winning the nomination. And frankly, whether accurate or not, the perception of Biden as goofy and often inappropriate just doesn't seem to speak well for his candidacy. I think the future Dem nominee is someone that we aren't expecting and is wisely laying low right now so they spend less time under the microscope.

Since 2010, the Dems have lost so many candidates to defeat that their bench appears weak. I said "appears" weak.

In reality it isnt weak, their normal developmental process has been temporarily derailed due to the off season wars on ACA.

Since 2010, the Dems have lost so many candidates to defeat that their bench appears weak. I said "appears" weak.

In reality it isnt weak, their normal developmental process has been temporarily derailed due to the off season wars on ACA.

It appears very cyclical. One party gains absolute or near absolute control, and the party in power and media wonder if the minority is in its death throes. Meanwhile, the majority invariably gets drunk on said power and overplays its hand, resulting in trusted old guard types being defeated in reelection bids, which results in a leadership gap, which is then exploited by the other party when the cycle repeats.

It appears very cyclical. One party gains absolute or near absolute control, and the party in power and media wonder if the minority is in its death throes. Meanwhile, the majority invariably gets drunk on said power and overplays its hand, resulting in trusted old guard types being defeated in reelection bids, which results in a leadership gap, which is then exploited by the other party when the cycle repeats.

Exactly, it is just the cyclical nature of politics. Same as it ever was. In 2008 there numerous books written proclaiming the Death of the Right. They were all wrong. The Left isnt dead either. I do feel that the Right is about to shift dramatically in one of two different directions tho, or maybe split. Either way it will be a good thing. The Dems will do the same, but it has just been a slower, less dramatic process, but it is happening. The Dems are questioning right now "Is HRC Leftish enough?" The Reps are asking "Is Jeb Right enough?"

I am asking" Do we have any decent candidates?"

O'Malley and Webb are likely to enter. Past that, I'm not sure where the Dems go. It's really Hillary or bust ... unless, Warren were to enter.

This pat explanation is a little too pat. I agree with the cyclical nature of politics but if anyone has over played a hand its the democrats with their suffocating regulatory stance and obvious proclivity to continue to raise taxes. Because of the last 6+ years, a significant contingency of citizens now see the government as being the source of the majority of our problems and while both parties have morphed toward bigger government, there is only one party that advocates smaller leaner government. Sadly, however, you'll never see anything but lip service from establishment republicans because they don't really want it or even believe it. The reason the republicans gained 9 senate seats and 12 seats in the House is because a widespread interest in the resurgence of conservative principles. Most honest republicans understand the old guard establishment guys wont do much to rock the boat of the elitist political class while most left leaning folks prefer to characterize those willing to put forward their conservative vision as being rabble rousers or right wing loons.

It'll be interesting to see how this all turns out but it is quite rare for a party to win a 3rd term in the WH having happened in the modern political era only once with Geo HW Bush succeeding Reagan for one term.

This pat explanation is a little too pat. I agree with the cyclical nature of politics but if anyone has over played a hand its the democrats with their suffocating regulatory stance and obvious proclivity to continue to raise taxes. Because of the last 6+ years, a significant contingency of citizens now see the government as being the source of the majority of our problems and while both parties have morphed toward bigger government, there is only one party that advocates smaller leaner government. Sadly, however, you'll never see anything but lip service from establishment republicans because they don't really want it or even believe it. The reason the republicans gained 9 senate seats and 12 seats in the House is because a widespread interest in the resurgence of conservative principles. Most honest republicans understand the old guard establishment guys wont do much to rock the boat of the elitist political class while most left leaning folks prefer to characterize those willing to put forward their conservative vision as being rabble rousers or right wing loons.

It'll be interesting to see how this all turns out but it is quite rare for a party to win a 3rd term in the WH having happened in the modern political era only once with Geo HW Bush succeeding Reagan for one term.

He did that by essentially saying he would be the third term of Reagan. The state of the nation both economically and with security was much better than it is now. Algore should have had an easy election but he is about as interesting as a block of wood. Hillary is carrying tons of baggage and has no accomplishments to stand on. She has bungled everything she has been tasked to do.

O'Malley and Webb are likely to enter. Past that, I'm not sure where the Dems go. It's really Hillary or bust ... unless, Warren were to enter.

Rob, if EW was to enter, would there be any question where the passion of the Dem Party would be?

Dems have a weak bench, Republicans have a whacky one.

Ha! Dems are equally whacko. You just won't accept it. ;)

Dems have a weak bench, Republicans have a whacky one.

Ha! Dems are equally whacko. You just won't accept it. ;)

I disagree. IMO, based on observation, over the past two decades, Democrats have spent more time governing, respecting democracy, and not infighting. However, I admit my bias. The childish whackos pushed me out of the Republican party.

Talk about a hopeless cause. Nobody knows who he is and he is like Parker Griffith here in North Alabama, constantly changing parties.

Archived