Lol

Texan4Auburn

That's really messed up. I'm sure some on these forums will come to the cops' defense regardless though...

You're sure about that ?

Huh

Well, if judging by previous threads pertaining to the blatant brutality of police and the labeling of those who oppose police brutality as "cop haters," then yeah, I'm sure.

Please show me the post where someone was called a "cop hater" for opposing police brutality.

Like the all cops want to do is shoot black bit, this has been implied multiple times on this board.

I am not speaking to a comment made in jest. Show me the literal comment.

You're kidding, right? Jest? :rolleyes:

It's a very common strawman here, and it is repeated ad nauseum in all seriousness.

When I see someone post a response "it's like you guys think all cops want to kill black men" I don't take that literally nor seriously. I find it hard to believe any sane person would. In my mind, it is a remark intended to be witty and certainly not to be taken seriously.

When I see someone post a response "it's like you guys think all cops want to kill black men" I don't take that literally nor seriously. I find it hard to believe any sane person would. In my mind, it is a remark intended to be witty and certainly not to be taken seriously.

They you're not paying attention. True, it's hard to detect inflection, but dismissing this sort of thing as "jest" is patently ridiculous.

...We've had liberals, black and white, telling the black community the white man is holding them back and the cops are racist, just waiting to gun them down....

...the young or easily influenced blacks who have never had a bad experience with police hear this garbage and assume the "pigs" are going to beat them up, shoot, harass, frame, or imprison them for nothing whatsoever...

... i wouldn't go that far. I think cole has had a bad experience with a traffic stop and watched too much tv and fallen into the narrative that cops are out to kill black men for no reason at all. It must be exhausting to live in such needless fear. I feel sorry for him.

And that's just a cursory search. I'll dig up some more later.

this sh.. Has got to stop. How can you think it's ok to run up to a guy getting beat on by 4 other cops and start kicking him?

On a side note...they simply called him a guy and there is no public outcry over it...I guess that means he is not black so no one cares? Looked Latino but it was hard to tell. Maybe Latino lives don't matter to the black lives matter protesters? Interesting. I hope I am wrong and am just missing the outcry but I've heard nothing of this anywhere else.

this sh.. Has got to stop. How can you think it's ok to run up to a guy getting beat on by 4 other cops and start kicking him?

On a side note...they simply called him a guy and there is no public outcry over it...I guess that means he is not black so no one cares? Looked Latino but it was hard to tell. Maybe Latino lives don't matter to the black lives matter protesters? Interesting. I hope I am wrong and am just missing the outcry but I've heard nothing of this anywhere else.

Have you watched any fights lately? Unfortunately that is the norm in society. Days of one v one and when the man is down he is down are long gone. It's sad, my sister was telling me that even in the elementary schools that instead of a fight being done, the loser will go get his friends and they will jump the winner at a later date.

I will agree with you also and be surprised if the Latino individual gets the same outcry from people such as blackbrunch.

I am with Don Lemon on this: "Conducting an internal investigation" is starting to sound more and more like "getting out the whitewash."

But hey, this is going on not just with police officers etc. This is the reason we have the Second Amendment folks. We had to throw off the govt before, and it looks like we may have to look toward something like that again at some point if this continues.

While driving to work this morning and listening to GPB / NPR news, the GPB segment mentioned that the GBI is going to be backlogged with investigations of officer-involved shootings and other use of force incidents, as more departments have been asking them to. My first thought upon hearing that was "is there actually a logical reason for why they were not already doing that?"

You Sir have some of the most perceptive views on this forum.

Archived