9853347471e13e9e810a00217b77fad3_crop_north.jpg

CCOyth_XUIAEboo_S.jpg

@tlamar57

Tre Lamar, ILB

Roswell, GA (Roswell)

6'3 / 240

- Visited AU 3/07/15, 4/09/15

247Sports: 4* (Top247 - No. 221, No. 8 ILB)

ESPN: 4* (ESPN300 - No. 129, No. 3 ILB)

Rivals: 4* (Rivals100 - No. 92, No. 3 ILB)

Offers: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Boston College, California, Clemson, Duke, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Iowa, LSU, Miami (Fl.), Michigan State, Minnesota, Mississippi State, Missouri, North Carolina, NC State, Notre Dame, Oregon, South Carolina, Stanford, Syracuse, Tennessee, Texas A&M, UCF, Vanderbilt, Virginia, Virginia Tech, West Virginia and Wisconsin, among others.

Hudl Highlights

And from an earlier visit ...

"The visit was awesome," he said. "They like my size and the fact that I can move and play sideline-to-sideline. They see me as either a Mike or Will linebacker in this scheme, and I run a 3-4 at my high school and play Mike there, so it's definitely something I'm comfortable with. What (Muschamp) wants from his players and the schemes they run and how I fit into that was really important to me."

Really enjoyed my visit to auburn today -- @tlamar57

Lamar hopes to return to the Plains this spring to watch a practice. He said the Tigers are recruiting him "pretty hard," and was also impressed with the school's engineering program.

"I want a good engineering program because I want to study civil engineering," he said. "I didn't know they had such a good engineering school going into this visit. Hearing about it definitely increased my interest in Auburn, so that's awesome."

http://www.al.com/sp..._leaders_f.html

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

(Hard to believe we didn't already have a thread for him.)

If you go to his Hudl page and watch his JR film, at the 1:12 mark he makes the play that shows you why everyone is after him. It isn't a big hit, or even for a loss. But chasing down a player (QB) like that, at his size, shows you why he is Elite.

Tre looks like the real deal. But seriously, how does anyone not know AU is a great engineering school? It's like one of the 2 things it's best known for (veterinary being the other).

Don't forget about Agriculture. For everyone knows we are the cow college. And I'm damn proud of it. PS my degree is in engineering.

Don't forget about Agriculture. For everyone knows we are the cow college. And I'm damn proud of it. PS my degree is in engineering.

Ahhh, I was not familiar with our Bovinae-Engineering department.

Impressive offer list. It sounds like AU left an impression on him. Hopefully we land him. What schools on his offer list have good engineering programs?

Impressive offer list. It sounds like AU left an impression on him. Hopefully we land him. What schools on his offer list have good engineering programs?

Half of them.

I hate it when a recruit talks about a major which maybe is not strong at Auburn. Nice to know this young man wants study Civil Engineering and that AU has one of the best engineering schools in the country. Hope the coaches can engineer him to Auburn.

Tre looks like the real deal. But seriously, how does anyone not know AU is a great engineering school? It's like one of the 2 things it's best known for (veterinary being the other).

Architecture. We've been top fifteen quite some time. Top ten when I was there.

and was ranked top most respected program.

People come from all over the world to attend.

Hell, I didn't know that and I'm a Building Science grad.

+1

Class of 2000 here...

It appears Lamar is at least looking into this area of things. I can think of one prominent recruit that "chose UAT for their Architecture program" and another that said he picked them because he wanted to study Agriculture. UAT offers neither. Schools will outright lie to prospects about what fields of study are available and unless the kid looks into it, he trusts the school and makes a mistake.

It appears Lamar is at least looking into this area of things. I can think of one prominent recruit that "chose UAT for their Architecture program" and another that said he picked them because he wanted to study Agriculture. UAT offers neither. Schools will outright lie to prospects about what fields of study are available and unless the kid looks into it, he trusts the school and makes a mistake.

yeah, no doubt. If he wants to do civil engineering then we are in good shape.

Hell, I didn't know that and I'm a Building Science grad.

Bingo. I turned down a full ride to UF for the AU Arch School (and paid out of state tuition).

Looks like a young Casanova

I hope not.

Throwing hands up and shaking my head.

Indeed, Auburn's architecture program is in the national top 10 and the best in the South. I started out in Architecture, although I ended up changing majors later (and was happy with my eventual career choice).

This young man can ball. Sure would like to see him in Auburn Orange and Blue.

You guys left off Interior Design which is consistently ranked in the Top 10. I think in 2008 AU Architecture program was ranked in the Top 5

You guys left off Interior Design which is consistently ranked in the Top 10. I think in 2008 AU Architecture program was ranked in the Top 5

you're welcome ;)

Looks like a young Casanova

I hope not.

Throwing hands up and shaking my head.

Missing tackles and taking plays off. Thats who McKenzie is.

Cass is one of my favorites. He hasn't been consistent but last year he played much better. His fresh year he was the only one playing like the old auburn defense and flying to the ball

Cass is likely a different player if a coach like Boom had been here all along. I'm hoping he takes to the coaching, and plays like a man possessed this year!

Cass is likely a different player if a coach like Boom had been here all along. I'm hoping he takes to the coaching, and plays like a man possessed this year!

I think you are right. I'm foreseeing a big year from Kris and Cass

Archived