2016 4* LB Tre Lamar (Clemson commit)

RunInRed

If the deciding factor comes down to which school on his offer list has the top rated civil engineering program, it will not be Auburn, so I hope his decision is based on which team and coaching staff he really wants to play for over the years that he's in college.

His top 3 are AU, Clemson, and Bama and it will be one of them. I know Bama does not compete with AU in civil so the question is does Clemson? I looked up engineering rankings a few weeks ago and saw they were even overall. I did not see civil rankings.

Toured both Clemson and AU back in 2011. Clemson has a nice campus (their library specifically is incredible) but their engineering school isn't on the same level as AU. We spend twice as much on Engineering Research as Clemson ($61.3M vs $30.1M), which generally is a pretty good indication of level of engineering school. For comparison, Georgia Tech spends $207.6M and MIT spends $387.2M.

wow great insight.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the deciding factor comes down to which school on his offer list has the top rated civil engineering program, it will not be Auburn, so I hope his decision is based on which team and coaching staff he really wants to play for over the years that he's in college.

His top 3 are AU, Clemson, and Bama and it will be one of them. I know Bama does not compete with AU in civil so the question is does Clemson? I looked up engineering rankings a few weeks ago and saw they were even overall. I did not see civil rankings.

This is a no-brainer. We have the best Engineering school by far compared to the competition. I would not lose any sleep over this. He will sign with Auburn.

AU and Clemson are ranked about the same in civil engineering. Bama is no competition in that regard. UF is higher rated. So is Texas A&M, but he may not want to go that far.

Toured both Clemson and AU back in 2011. Clemson has a nice campus (their library specifically is incredible) but their engineering school isn't on the same level as AU. We spend twice as much on Engineering Research as Clemson ($61.3M vs $30.1M), which generally is a pretty good indication of level of engineering school. For comparison, Georgia Tech spends $207.6M and MIT spends $387.2M.

Nice info. Thanks.. 207.6M WOW.

This is a no-brainer. We have the best Engineering school by far compared to the competition. I would not lose any sleep over this. He will sign with Auburn.

AU coaches & the head of the engineer school at AU sat down with Tre and laid out a plan for him at AU. Not sure if Clemson did the same.

AU coaches & the head of the engineer school at AU sat down with Tre and laid out a plan for him at AU. Not sure if Clemson did the same.

My guess would be they have. They were his first offer and have been on him a good bit longer than anybody.

:big:/>

Come on Dixie....you know something. We lead, right?

Unfortunately, I think Clemson leads.

Not sure they lead but if his visit there in a couple weeks is his last before he commits it won't be good. We have a big recruiting weekend at the end of July. We need to get Tre there.

Looks that way. Last official visit is to them before his decision

It's an unofficial but your point remains if it is his last visit before he commits.

• 3 weeks later...

committed to Clemson today.

We need to get him back to AU for the recruiting cookout next weekend.

How could Tre pick them over coach Muschamp and Auburn.

They have been in on him a lot longer than AU and their engineering program is quality even though it isn't on AU's level. He wants to get a civil engineering degree ICAMI.

Dabo will NOT allow Clemson commits to visit any schools so should it be moved to rivals?

No it should not have. AU is staying on him hard regardless of the commitment. Moving it back and should not be moved again unless we stop recruiting him.

Archived