Is it Time for Lottery and Legalized Gambling in AL?

autigeremt

http://www.wkrg.com/story/28762327/alabama-democrats-legalize-gambling-create-a-state-lottery

Poll shows 88% of people who have responded say yes! It is time!

I'd be a hypocrite if I said I was against it, seeing as I buy a ticket every time I go to Florida or Georgia.

Why not? Our citizens are driving elsewhere to gamble and buy lottery tickets. Let's have our own state keep the money.

I don't do lotteries, but if they can truly benefit the state financially go for it.

Not that baseball matters in the grand scheme but I would love for our baseball players to start receiving Hope scholarships and what not. It would definitely help with recruiting and our program in general.

Past time. Unless you always want the government telling us what we can and can't do ... ;)/>

Touché says the ACA. ;)

But yes....its past time.

Is it Time for Lottery and Legalized Gambling in AL?

The real question should be: Is it Time for Alabama to collect revenue from the Lottery and Legalized Gambling that people in Alabama already spend everyday in other states?

BTW, the answer is YES.

Not that baseball matters in the grand scheme but I would love for our baseball players to start receiving Hope scholarships and what not. It would definitely help with recruiting and our program in general.

Give it to the softball team lol. They are the ones that are winning and selling tickets.

Its past time, but bet money that every Southern Baptist preacher from Dauphin Island to Ft Payne will be ginning up fear and getting his people to the polls.

The best way to phrase this argument for the low info voters, IMO, is "How much higher would you like to see your taxes raised in order to continue forcing grown men and women to go spend their money in another state?"

This state is in terrible financial shape, with budgets that will have to be balanced one way or the other. I don't gamble, but it really doesn't matter. This will affect all of us.

Archived