Auburn to play Georgia State in 2021

auburn4ever

After we get home from playing at Cal, we'll play Georgia State on 9/25/21.

AUBURN -- Auburn's 2021 football schedule has another non-conference opponent.

The Tigers will host Georgia State on Sept. 25, 2021, a source confirmed, making the Panthers the home opponent following a trip to Cal.

FBSchedules.com first reported the matchup, which will be the first ever between the teams, and will see Auburn pay GSU $1.25 million.

Georgia State is currently 0-3 against SEC teams, with two losses to Alabama, who will play the Panthers in 2020, and a loss to Tennessee.

Auburn is 22-0 all-time against Sun Belt teams, with games against Idaho, Arkansas State and Louisiana-Monroe the next two seasons.

Auburn's non-conference schedule through 2021 are as follows:

2015:

Louisville (Chick-fil-A kickoff at Georgia Dome, Sept. 5), Jacksonville State (Sept. 21), San Jose State (Oct. 3), Idaho (Nov. 21)

2016:

Clemson (Sept. 3), Arkansas State (Sept. 10), ULM (Oct. 1), Alabama A&M (Nov. 19)

2017:

at Clemson (Sept. 9), Mercer (Nov. 18)

2020:

California (Sept .19)

2021:

at California (Sept.18), Georgia State (Sept. 25)

I hope I'm wrong, but I bet that JJ will tell Jimbo Fisher and FSU's AD thanks but no thanks for trying to schedule an Auburn / FSU matchup in the Gator bowl for 2018 or 2019 because he wants Auburn to play South Alabama or Birmingham Southern or Alabama State.

I hope I'm wrong, but I bet that JJ will tell Jimbo Fisher and FSU's AD thanks but o thanks for trying to schedule an Auburn / FSU matchup in the Gator bowl for 2018 or 2019 because he wants Auburn to play South Alabama or Birmingham Southern or Alabama State.

Your ridiculous stance is OLD, tired and worn out. Find something new to complain about because you literally have no clue how anything works in college athletics.

A team like Southern Miss, SMU, Rice, Tulane or South Florida would have been a better looking team on our schedule than Georgia State who's from the Sun Belt Conference.

The teams that raise questions with me aren't those like Ga St, but rather the small schools in Alabama; Jacksonville St and AL A&M. Personally I'd rather see us schedule Troy than those teams. A game against Troy could actually turn into a real game, for a couple of quarters at least. And it is a school where Auburn people have some connections.

I know some people think it would be a lose/lose situation for us, but I think an Auburn/Troy game would generate a lot more interest than games against the in-state schools we've scheduled.

The teams that raise questions with me aren't those like Ga St, but rather the small schools in Alabama; Jacksonville St and AL A&M. Personally I'd rather see us schedule Troy than those teams. A game against Troy could actually turn into a real game, for a couple of quarters at least. And it is a school where Auburn people have some connections.

I know some people think it would be a lose/lose situation for us, but I think an Auburn/Troy game would generate a lot more interest than games against the in-state schools we've scheduled.

Playing against any in-state school is a plus imo, Troy included. I would not exclude any of them due to size, that would be a something T-town would do.

Playing against any in-state school is a plus imo, Troy included. I would not exclude any of them due to size, that would be a something T-town would do.

You mean currently DOES not would do. All you have to do is look at the shutting down of uab's football program for proof. Obviously uat saw them as a threat and the only solution was to take the program away.

Sorry for the hijack. Back to the original topic.

I'm still curious to see who ends up being the big 5 opponent for 2018 & 2019

I'll go ahead and answer that for you

C

L

E

M

S

O

N

We can't get away from them...

I'm still curious to see who ends up being the big 5 opponent for 2018 & 2019

I'll go ahead and answer that for you

C

L

E

M

S

O

N

We can't get away from them...

no kidding. I hope you're wrong but I think you may be right.

A4E's dream AU schedule:

Ohio State

Oregon

Ole Miss

LSU

Miss ST

TX A&M

Oklahoma

Arkansas

USCe

TCU

Georgia

Bama

A4E's dream AU schedule:

Ohio State

Oregon

Ole Miss

LSU

Miss ST

TX A&M

Oklahoma

Arkansas

USCe

TCU

Georgia

Bama

you left out USF, UCLA, and Bowling Green

Oklahoma and Ohio State would be great to have for a home and home series. But so would having UCLA and South Florida.

I know a lot of you don't mind seeing Auburn play teams like Samford, Georgia State, Alabama A&M, Mercer, Jacksonville State and Chattanooga. But remember this. In order to help your teams chances of playing in he 4 team playoff and a chance to play for the national championship, it's left up to people who says this team is in and this team is out is sometimes based on how tough their schedule was during the season.

Win the SEC and you're in, whether your OOC was school of the blind and sisters of the virgin mary along with two junior colleges. I don't like playing no name lower level teams from the south that are probably more competitive with better athletes than the bottom tier teams in the power five conferences either, but I can't do anything about it other than STOP BUYING TICKETS AND ATTENDING THOSE STUPID GAMES. Then you'll stop seeing them on the schedule. And yeah, once you lose a game and don't win your conference...it makes a difference.

I know a lot of you don't mind seeing Auburn play teams like Samford, Georgia State, Alabama A&M, Mercer, Jacksonville State and Chattanooga. But remember this. In order to help your teams chances of playing in he 4 team playoff and a chance to play for the national championship, it's left up to people who says this team is in and this team is out is sometimes based on how tough their schedule was during the season.

Let's see...bama played Southern Miss, Florida Atlantic and Western Carolina in the same season and made it into the playoff....wonder how that happened...?

Already been proven that that is not true. look at uat's non-conference schedule from last year. fsu played The Citadel last year not to mention playing in a subpar, crappy conference and they got in. Whether you like it or not, winning the SEC title will virtually guarantee that team a spot regardless of who they played out of conference.

FSU played the Citadel last year

Oregon played South Dakota (FPI 1)

Ohio State played Kent State (FPI 3)

Alabama played Western Carolina (FPI 2)

All this blubber about schedule is blown way out of proportion by fan emotion. (Oh and what War Tiger said ^)

Dude how do you make it through the day? I bet you get pissed off when you get an unexpected green light geez

Archived