Spring break gang rape and cell phone videos

quietfan

http://www.wjhg.com/...-299423271.html

Bay County Sheriff's Officials are continuing to investigate a video that has surfaced showing a girl getting gang raped here in Panama City Beach.

"Probably one of the most disgusting, repulsive, sickening things that I have seen this year on Panama City Beach, and I have seen a lot of them."

Bay County Sheriff Frank McKeithen is talking about this video that surfaced showing a 19-year-old passed out on the beach and getting gang raped in early march here in Panama City Beach.

"This is not the first video we have recovered, it is not the second, its not the third video, there is a number of videos that we have recovered similar to this, and I can only imagine how many we haven't recovered," said Sheriff McKeithen.

The video was obtained from the Troy, Alabama Police Department on April 2nd where they found the video during an investigation of a shooting incident in their jurisdiction.

Troy Police Department, sent the video to Bay County, and both agencies are still investigating the case.

"We try and reach out and help one another and try because at the end of the day the most important thing is helping the victims of these crimes," said Lt. Bryan Weed, of the Troy Police Department.

Sheriff McKeithen says he is appalled no one stopped this while it was happening.

"Within 10 feet from where this is happening there are hundreds of people standing there watching, looking, seeing, hearing what is going on, and yet our culture and our society and our young people have got to the point where obviously this is acceptable somewhere, but I will tell you it is not acceptable in Bay County," said Sheriff McKeithen.

In the video three suspects are shown assaulting this female.

Two were arrested; 22-year-old Delonte Martistee, who was a track star at Troy University and 23-year-old Ryan Calhoun.

Both students have been suspended from Troy, and Martistee has been suspended from the track team.

The third suspect has not been apprehended.

Disgusting, repulsive, and sickening indeed! In what world does anyone get the idea that this is in any way acceptable? Beside the obvious abomination of such an act, what about the sheer stupidity of imagining one can get away with such in full view of hundreds of witnesses?

And a question for the barristers or law enforcement folks out there: What are the laws regarding witnesses and cell phone filmers who witness or film such crimes without trying to intercede or at least summon help? Much like the infamous uat teabagger in New Orleans, are there no legal repercussions for those who tape, cheer, and/or merely ignore such crimes in progress?

Glad at least Troy University wasted no time in taking action!

:puke:

Also, I can't help but feel businesses who profit from the spring break crowds bear some responsibility for letting $$$ blind them to the excesses they encourage!

I'm pretty sure Florida has some kind of duty to rescue law to get these bystanders arrested. My faith in humanity has taken a fatal blow if over 100 people chose to ignore the rape.

Archived