Rubio: America at 'Generational Moment'

DKW 86

I like him. We have some excellent people running in the republican party this time. Look for Walker and Carson fairly soon as well.

Conservatives seemed really hot and bothered by Obama's experience level in 2008. I guess that doesn't apply to Carson's candidacy (not that he will get close to winning the nomination anyway)?

It was part of it. The experience part was more based in large part on the fact that the had never done anything before becoming state senator except be a community agitator.It's a legitimate argument to make about the republican candidates. I won't dismiss it completely. That is one reason I, personally prefer Walker. Truth be told even had Obama served two terms as governor of Illinois, it wouldn't have changed anything. Everything that has happened still would have because of who he is as a person. It all comes from his belief system and experience won't change that.

That sounds a lot like the thinly veiled racism of my grandparents. I remember them talking about how MLK was always, "stirrin up the good negros".

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rubio is not my first pick yet, but isnt a bad pick at all.

I just do not want more of the Washington Inside the Beltway thinking anymore.

DK I think we have an abundance of outside the beltway thinking in the race. Let's have a full debate among them and vetting of every one of them and see what develops.

I think Rubio is one of the worst candidates. I think his ambitions are strictly personal and political. I do not know of anything he has accomplished outside of politics. He has embellished his family history and, associated with the corrupt. I believe he is a "pure" politician.

Obama was outside the beltway when he came into office ...

DK I think we have an abundance of outside the beltway thinking in the race. Let's have a full debate among them and vetting of every one of them and see what develops.

Other than Cruz and Paul, who thinks outside the beltway?

Another toe the party line flip ...

Do you honestly think any candidate can withstand that scrutiny? Or stand up to the party line on either side for a major issue and still get through the primaries and be elected?

When is the last time a pro-life Democrat sniffed a nomination?

Just a little bit of disturbing pattern ... 2 examples so far ... are there others? ...

Again, coming up 'outside of Washington' he has certain positions (that I actually find some what reasonable) and then as he gets further and further ingrained into the GOP and he folds like a cheap tent in favor of the party line. So it's fair to ask, what does he stand for? What is he really willing to fight (even his own party) for? Or is he just going to be another messenger of a tired old mantra?

And that went south faster than anyone would have ever thought.

BTW, he also promised to fix the VA. See how that worked out?

Better question, who was the last Pro-Life Democrat in the US?

I am being serious. He/She would be hogtied and run out of the party.

I'm pretty sure he/she left with the demise of the Blue Dogs. Bart Stupak was one, you might recall he attempted to prevent public funding for abortions in Obamacare.

Just a little bit of disturbing pattern ... 2 examples so far ... are there others? ...

Again, coming up 'outside of Washington' he has certain positions (that I actually find some what reasonable) and then as he gets further and further ingrained into the GOP and he folds like a cheap tent in favor of the party line. So it's fair to ask, what does he stand for? What is he really willing to fight (even his own party) for? Or is he just going to be another messenger of a tired old mantra?

Again, how is this question not equally applicable to Hillary? Do you honestly believe that her beliefs on gay marriage just 'naturally' evolved and weren't a calculated shift as public sentiment, especially among Democrats, changed? I mean, I get scrutiny for candidates, but I don't get proposing it for one of the party you generally don't support while ignoring the same for someone who is absolutely just as susceptible to the charge if not more (simply because of a longer history if nothing else). Do you similarly ask what Hillary stands for? Does she show a disturbing pattern to you?

And that went south faster than anyone would have ever thought.

BTW, he also promised to fix the VA. See how that worked out?

Well, you're kinda talking out of both sides ... one minute you say you want some one outside the beltway and when I point out Obama was just that, you say ...

As for the VA ... hello off topic ... but nevertheless, I will say, there have certainly been more promises kept than broken: http://www.politifac...jects/veterans/

-

I think Rubio is one of the worst candidates. I think his ambitions are strictly personal and political. I do not know of anything he has accomplished outside of politics. He has embellished his family history and, associated with the corrupt. I believe he is a "pure" politician.

To be fair, what candidate on either side of the aisle hasn't associated with the corrupt? I think you might find one, but can or will he/she be elected? I think not.

Better question, who was the last Pro-Life Democrat in the US?

I am being serious. He/She would be hogtied and run out of the party.

Well, there are a few Pro-Life Democrats in Congress ...

• Senator Bob Casey, PA
  • Senator Joe Manchin, WV
  • Senator Joe Donnelly, IN
  • Congressman Dan Lipinski, IL-03
  • Congressman Collin Peterson, MN-07

But the better questions is why you guys sit there and act like this social issue doesn't cut both ways? I mean, it's not exactly like there's some extensive list of Pro-Choice Republicans ... much less one who has "sniffed the nomination."

Again, how is this question not equally applicable to Hillary? Do you honestly believe that her beliefs on gay marriage just 'naturally' evolved and weren't a calculated shift as public sentiment, especially among Democrats, changed? I mean, I get scrutiny for candidates, but I don't get proposing it for one of the party you generally don't support while ignoring the same for someone who is absolutely just as susceptible to the charge if not more (simply because of a longer history if nothing else). Do you similarly ask what Hillary stands for? Does she show a disturbing pattern to you?

No one necessarily said it isn't ... but then again, this is a thread about Rubio. The fascination with Hillary is almost amusing at this point. We can't even talk about a Republican candidate anymore without some one chiming in, "well yeah, but Hillary ..."

No one necessarily said it isn't ... but then again, this is a thread about Rubio. The fascination with Hillary is almost amusing at this point. We can't even talk about a Republican candidate anymore without some one chiming in, "well yeah, but Hillary ..."

Fascination or disdain?

I actually applauded Rubio for taking on a very controversial issue, going against his party, and putting forth a solution ... but then he backed down. In other words, when the going got tough, he folded.

Ha! You talk as though he's alone. Clinton is an excellent example of flip....and flop. Failure abounds yet she's the great hope for the Dems. ;)

Fascination or disdain?

Do you have more disdain for the current President or the next President? Just wondering ... ;)/>

Depends on who it ends up being.

Fascination or disdain?

Do you have more disdain for the current President or the next President? Just wondering ... ;)

Do tell. Who is our next president?

As for the VA ... hello off topic ... but nevertheless, I will say, there have certainly been more promises kept than broken: http://www.politifac...jects/veterans/

-

I havent laughed so hard in years, and I AM NOT KIDDING.

Politi"fact" Fantasy: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Fully fund the Veterans Administration :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Fully fund "the VA so it has all the resources it needs to serve the veterans who need it, when they need it." :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Cold Hard Brutal Reality:

A year after Americans recoiled at revelations that sick veterans were getting sicker while languishing on waiting lists, VA statistics show that the number of patients facing long waits has not declined, even after Congress gave the department an extra $16.3 billion last summer to shorten waits for care. Nearly 894,000 appointments completed at VA medical facilities from Aug. 1 to Feb. 28 failed to meet the health system's timeliness goal, which calls for patients to be seen within 30 days. More than a quarter of those appointments involved a delay of longer than 60 days.

http://http://abcnews.go.co...s-care-30172316

The Cold Hard Truth is that this administration has blown more money and accomplished less than possibly any administration in history concerning the VA.

There is no bigger indictment of PBO than his failures with the VA. Even after reacting to their first 5 years of failure and finally firing Shinseki, the VA is now run by an even bigger jack wagon that has managed to waste $16.3BN and effectively solve ZERO PROBLEMS since August of last year.

IT IS A NATIONAL DISGRACE THAT EVEN CARING FOR OUR VETS IS NOTHING MORE THAN A BS TALKING POINT INSIDE THE BELTWAY.

It's not necessarily about experience or even accomplishments-- can he inspire confidence? I have trouble seeing him gain much traction. I don't think he's ready for prime time and doubt he ever will be.

Archived