More results of Hillary's Lybia foreign policy success

japantiger

And Jaywalking is exactly the same as murder.

But this is how the Left loves to twist and distort language, so that one is forced to agree w/ them, or be ostracized for being CRAZY and not thinking like everyone else.

And Jaywalking is exactly the same as murder.

But this is how the Left loves to twist and distort language, so that one is forced to agree w/ them, or be ostracized for being CRAZY and not thinking like everyone else.

From my original source (Wikipedia): "The United States has from time to time in its history had several territories under its control in the same fashion as a colonial possession."

Here's another source citing U.S. possessions and colonies:

http://www.worldstat...g/COLONIES.html

United States

Alaska (1867-1959)

American Samoa (1900-)

Austria U.S. Zone (1945-1955)

Bajo Nuevo Bank (1856-)

Bahamas (1776-1776)

Baker Island (1856-)

Berlin U.S. Zone (1945-1990)

Bonin Islands (1945-1968)

Canton & Enderbury Islands (1938-1979)

Clipperton Island (1944-1945)

Corn Islands (1914-1971)

Cuba (1899-1902, 1906-1909)

Dominican Republic (1916-1922)

Germany U.S. Zone (1945-1955)

Guam (1898-)

Guantanamo Bay (1899/1903-)

Haiti (1915-1934)

Hawaii (1899-1959)

Howland Island (1856-)

Iceland (1942-1945)

Iraq (2003-2004)

Isle of Pines (1899-1925)

Japan (1945-1950)

Jarvis Island (1856-)

Johnston Atoll (1858-)

Kingman Reef (1856-)

Marshall Islands (1944-1990)

Micronesia (1944-1990)

Midway Island (1867-)

Navassa Island (1858-)

Northern Mariana Islands (1944-)

Okinawa and Ryukyu Islands (1945-1972)

Palau (1944-1994)

Palmyra Atoll (1898-)

Panama Canal Zone (1903-1979 [Canal to 1999])

Philippines (1898-1946)

Puerto Rico (1898-)

Quita Sueño Bank, Roncador Cay and

Serrana Bank (1903-1981)

Shanghai Concession (1845-1863)

Serranilla Bank (1856-)

South Korea (1945-1948)

Swains Island (1925-)

Swan Islands (1863-1972)

Shanghai Concession (1854-1863)

Trust Territory of the Pacific Islands (1947-1990)

U.S. Virgin Islands (1917-)

Vienna U.S. Zone (1945-1955)

Wake Island (1898-)

---------------------------------------

You are apparently hung up on some sort of etymological precept that relegates the term "colony" to the 18th Century. Alternatively, you can't admit you're wrong, as evidenced by your overly-emotional response (see above).

Why did you become so angry? :dunno:

I said nothing that justified such a response. I just pointed out the U.S. also has a history of colonies or the equivalent (territories?). If you really want to make a big deal about the word colony - and apparently you do - and how it differs from a "territory" (for example) than have it. I'm in. I don't know much about the subject, so I am sure I will learn something.

And after all, if "colony" is to "territory" as "murder" is to "jaywalking", you should have an easy time of it. ;)

But you seem more interested in flinging insults and making absurd accusations involving my presumed regard for your concurrence.

So if the subject hits you in a way that produces that reaction, I suggest you avoid it. I am concerned about the build-up of bile in your system.

What if,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,you call genocide, manifest destiny? That changes everything, right?

You know, I was wondering it that sort of perspective was at the root of his discomfort. I have learned to never underestimate the willingness of Americans to really believe the myth.

We're damned if we do and we're damned if we don't.

That pretty much sums it up. The days of colonization are over.

The US has never colonized.

Really?

Every Native American tribe west of the original 13 states says hello! And I only exclude the original Thirteen's territory because we had already finished stealing that before "The United States of America" came into existence.

2011 military intervention in Libya

http://en.wikipedia....ention_in_Libya

I didn't see the terms "invasion" or "occupation" anywhere in that piece, so I'm not sure what your point is.

You are a hoot Homey...just can't admit that Hillary's foreign policy and resulting US military intervention was a leading cause of Libya falling into chaos.

United States: The United States deployed a naval force of 11 ships, including the amphibious assault ship USS Kearsarge, the amphibious transport dock USS Ponce, the guided-missile destroyers USS Barry andUSS Stout, the nuclear attack submarines USS Providence and USS Scranton, the cruise missile submarine USS Florida and the amphibious command ship USS Mount Whitney.[141][142][143] Additionally, A-10 ground-attack aircraft, B-2 stealth bombers, AV-8B Harrier II jump-jets, EA-18G Growler electronic warfare aircraft, and both F-15E[144] and F-16 fighters were involved in action over Libya.[145] U-2 reconnaissance aircraft were stationed on Cyprus.[146] On 18 March, two AC-130Us arrived at RAF Mildenhall as well as additional tanker aircraft.[citation needed] On 24 March 2 E-8Cs operated from Naval Station Rota Spain, which indicated an increase of ground attacks.[citation needed] An undisclosed number of CIA operatives were said to be in Libya to gather intelligence for airstrikes and make contacts with rebels.[147] The US also used MQ-1 Predator UAVs to strike targets in Libya on 23 April.[148]

I didn't see the terms "invasion" or "occupation" anywhere in that piece, so I'm not sure what your point is.

You are a hoot Homey...just can't admit that Hillary's foreign policy and resulting US military intervention was a leading cause of Libya falling into chaos.

United States: The United States deployed a naval force of 11 ships, including the amphibious assault ship USS Kearsarge, the amphibious transport dock USS Ponce, the guided-missile destroyers USS Barry andUSS Stout, the nuclear attack submarines USS Providence and USS Scranton, the cruise missile submarine USS Florida and the amphibious command ship USS Mount Whitney.[141][142][143] Additionally, A-10 ground-attack aircraft, B-2 stealth bombers, AV-8B Harrier II jump-jets, EA-18G Growler electronic warfare aircraft, and both F-15E[144] and F-16 fighters were involved in action over Libya.[145] U-2 reconnaissance aircraft were stationed on Cyprus.[146] On 18 March, two AC-130Us arrived at RAF Mildenhall as well as additional tanker aircraft.[citation needed] On 24 March 2 E-8Cs operated from Naval Station Rota Spain, which indicated an increase of ground attacks.[citation needed] An undisclosed number of CIA operatives were said to be in Libya to gather intelligence for airstrikes and make contacts with rebels.[147] The US also used MQ-1 Predator UAVs to strike targets in Libya on 23 April.[148]

Deploying assets around a country or even conduced limited operations do not constitute an invasion or occupation.

Are you trying to suggest the fact we didn't occupy Libya is the mistake?

So, taking sides in an ongoing civil war is the "cause of Libya falling into chaos". That makes no sense whatsoever. While it may not have helped, it certainly wasn't the cause.

I tend to believe this is far more accurate as to the failed concept of the "Arab Spring" and the real cause of the chaos that now defines most of the region. But please, feel free to continue viewing recent history through the lens of partisanship rather than reality.

http://forward.com/opinion/israel/217842/how-bibi-and-bush-made-a-mess-of-the-middle-east/

Great Post. Thanks for sharing JT !!!

Archived