Former trooper: don't run from police

cooltigger21

In all three of the cases that have made national headlines within the past year, we see one common theme. The person that the police were dealing with would still be alive to make any claims of improper treatment had they not resisted. I've heard Cole tell his story and I know the cops around there were genuine a holes and corruption was rampant. It still is in places around the country and we dont need to make light of that. We have to fix that. Still though, If any person will follow the advice of this man you will be a whole lot more likely to come out of any encounter alive. You start running or arguing, you are not going to win that battle.

I'll be damned!!!

WHY....WHY GOD do I agree with CT????

Must be end of days or something like that. :big:

Lol. Nobody has advocated running from police on this board. On this board nobody brought up race about that running incident. Majority of the time when race comes up it's the stupid some people would cry racism...then the even more stupid cosigner to it...

I agree if you adhere to everything swallow your pride sometimes you have a less likelihood of things going bad, I'm saying it shouldn't result to death though

I am referring to the comments in the articles on the national level outside this board to be clear. Nationally there are many that advocate and support running from the police.

Yeah, do they get paid by the hour or the pound? Seriously, I couldn't tell you how many times a trooper has been a real wise a-- with me and I'm a middle aged white guy.

I can tell you I've run into more than my share of buttwipe state troopers across the country. I spent 15 years driving trucks and as a truck driver you can be pulled over any time for "inspection" That just means they want some money and on a semi, if they want to bad enough, they can find something to write you up for. I'd say 99% of them were good but there were a few jerks. All you can do is just sit there and go on about your business. I've filed a few complaints afterward and they were dealt with in a timely and satsifactory manner.

Yeah, do they get paid by the hour or the pound? Seriously, I couldn't tell you how many times a trooper has been a real wise a-- with me and I'm a middle aged white guy.

I can tell you I've run into more than my share of buttwipe state troopers across the country. I spent 15 years driving trucks and as a truck driver you can be pulled over any time for "inspection" That just means they want some money and on a semi, if they want to bad enough, they can find something to write you up for. I'd say 99% of them were good but there were a few jerks. All you can do is just sit there and go on about your business. I've filed a few complaints afterward and they were dealt with in a timely and satsifactory manner.

i have had a few unpleasant encounters with cops too. some are pure asses.

i have had a few unpleasant encounters with cops too. some are pure asses.

Pretty much everybody has had a run in with one at some point in time. I knew one old man that got the better end of some of them. He was an old bootlegger and the sheriff kept trying to catch him but he never could. Every time they'd bring out the hound dogs he's have his female out and all those hounds could smell was her.

Cops Bust College Student For $80 of Pot, Threatened Him With Major Felonies, Now He’s Dead

Police bullied a North Dakota college student into working as a drug informant after he was busted for around $80 in pot. But shortly after he helped the cops out, he went missing and was later found dead.

Andrew Sadek, 20, was threatened with serious penalties for his minor possession of personal use quantities of marijuana. Police offered to wipe the slate clean if he agreed to work for the state’s Southeast Drug Task Force, according to the Associated Press.

Sadek was a student at the state College of Science in Wahpeton. His arrest back in April of 2013 centered around him being entrapped into selling a tiny amount of marijuana to another police informant who was also bullied by cops into turning on his fellow student.

The amount of the two transactions in question was $20 and $60. Since these took place in a “school zone,” police and prosecutors framed these as major felonies. So from November through December of 2013 and even into January of 2014, Sadek did the taskforce’s bidding, turning on other marijuana users.

But by May, 2014 he had gone missing, and was later found dead in June, according to the local Valley News.

The science student had been dumped in the Red River and found with a bullet wound to the head. His backpack had been filled with rocks, obviously in the hopes that his body would not be found.

Andrew’s mother told local KFGO that her son deserves justice that the police are not interested in pursuing.

“He was murdered,” Tammy Sadek said. “This actually reinforces that in our minds. We know that, and we know they’re not even looking at anything… Did somebody he was trying to get for them do it? Or somebody he already got?”

The North Dakota and South Dakota state crime bureaus issued a report along with the Cass County sheriff’s detectives, which says that the task force did nothing wrong, and did not place these informants in harms way. Bear in mind, Sadek did not come to the police to report people. He was bullied and threatened until he made a poor decision to work for the task force that eventually got him killed.

Wahpeton Police Chief Scott Thorsteinson said, “these types of investigations are conducted the same way pretty much everywhere where people breathe in and out. They never did anything wrong that needed to be changed.”

One friend of Andrew’s told us “the message seems clear: the police will chew you up and spit you out if you agree to work with them. Just say no to helping the police!”

Many runners run from the police and resist arrest because they have arrest warrents for other crimes and they know they are going to jail or prison for a long time. Some may fear the police, but most have been to jail and don't want to go back.

That could be true also, death shouldn't happen. Beating up a guy shouldn't even happen in that circumstance

Again, why is this even a topic of debate/argument?

You all saying people shouldn't run from the cops are exactly right!

You all saying a cop murdering you if you decide to run is wrong... you are exactly right!

And I don't really see anyone going against those two statements.... so why the big fuss?

You all saying a cop murdering you if you decide to run is wrong... you are exactly right!

And I don't really see anyone going against those two statements.... so why the big fuss?

yep.

I get called AL Sharpton saying the same lol

Pretty much though what you have is passive aggressiveness at it's best. That's the point of this thread

Pretty much though what you have is passive aggressiveness at it's best. That's the point of this thread

Can't we all just agree that we need to keep our piece handy and maintain a wary eye on the Arab Policeman. since WE could be the next to feel the effects of "To Protect and Serve."

Can't we all just agree that we need to keep our piece handy and maintain a wary eye on the Arab Policeman. since WE could be the next to feel the effects of "To Protect and Serve."

I felt those words of wisdom from WT could be more generalized and put to use by all of us. Conservatives have their scary bogeymen, as do liberals. Why can't we all just leave each other alone, while demanding the same of everyone around us? And most importantly, remain prepared in case our demand isn't met- regardless of the offender. Trust, but verify.

Archived