Trayvon Reed - Misdemeanor punishment

mustache eagle

I have a hard time thinking losing a 7'2" player that appears to be ready physically is a good thing. Doubtless, for whatever reason it was deserved but it's a shame he didn't pan out.

I don't think a fight with Duke caused this. Too much time has passed and there's a very real question whether a fight had anything at all to do with Duke's difficulty. D. Craig said a fight wasn't a factor with Duke.

You're right in that its never good to lose a 7 footer who was finally coming into his body...and considering he was a 4*. I was trying to be as optimistic as possible honestly lol

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a hard time thinking losing a 7'2" player that appears to be ready physically is a good thing. Doubtless, for whatever reason it was deserved but it's a shame he didn't pan out.

I don't think a fight with Duke caused this. Too much time has passed and there's a very real question whether a fight had anything at all to do with Duke's difficulty. D. Craig said a fight wasn't a factor with Duke.

You're right in that its never good to lose a 7 footer who was finally coming into his body...and considering he was a 4*. I was trying to be as optimistic as possible honestly lol

Yep....nothing good here ...at all. We are back to having a team of forwards and guards.....and having big bodied teams beat us to death inside...JMO

Well this would be a crappy bit of news mixed with all the positive things going on with the program. Guess we'll have to wait and see how it develops. As others have said, this would definitely hurt us for this season at least.

I forsaw a ndiaye type of trajectory but with even more results. Would be a bummer of we can't keep him on the team. A few years of solid coaching and this kid will make some money.

He is athletic for how big he is and with 260 pounds on his frame could be a monster in time.

If he can't make it under pearl, I don't know who he will succeed under?

Since I saw the original post about Reed being off the Team I have been seeing if there has been an official announcements or whether any news sources will confirm. I still have not seen anything. Has there been any announcement from Auburn on this?

I hate to think that he is off the team. I envisioned a great reclamation story about him turning his life around.

It has been two days since it was reported some pay sites said Trayvon was released from the team. Still no official announcement and nothing in news organizations. Does anybody know if he has really been released? I am hoping that this was false information because he has the potential to help the team this year and in the future. Either way I would like to know for sure.

It has been two days since it was reported some pay sites said Trayvon was released from the team. Still no official announcement and nothing in news organizations. Does anybody know if he has really been released? I am hoping that this was false information because he has the potential to help the team this year and in the future. Either way I would like to know for sure.

No denial, no confirmation....not nothing..... :dunno:

Maybe because he may have a small chance to return??? just a guess on my part nothing else

I feel like this is the case.

I really hope so.

Maybe because he may have a small chance to return??? just a guess on my part nothing else

I really hope so.

So we've gotten a whole 'nother Duke thread with a different name?

I really hope so.

Almost.....except that football coaches at least acknowledged that Duke was alive and on campus.....this one makes me wonder if Reed has be abducted by aliens and transported elsewhere.. Hoe can a guy over 7 feet tall apparently disappear?

I really hope so.

Almost.....except that football coaches at least acknowledged that Duke was alive and on campus.....this one makes me wonder if Reed has be abducted by aliens and transported elsewhere.. Hoe can a guy over 7 feet tall apparently disappear?

I've gotten one confirmed sighting on campus since this rumor started but only one. Very strange indeed.

Six days since initial report about being kicked off team but no official announcement so does anybody know anything? I have never seen a report like this without an official comment one way or the other within a few days.

Six days since initial report about being kicked off team but no official announcement so does anybody know anything? I have never seen a report like this without an official comment one way or the other within a few days.

Yep. At least there should be a followup from those that reported it, either backing up what they said or yelling "oops". Either way we should have heard something from somebody.

Seen in AU at Moes with no AU gear at all.

The guy is over 7 feet tall...should be able to see him from a block away. Strange situation.

Do the athletes always wear AU gear on campus?

Nope, you just wandered into 'Tin Foil Hat Land' unprepared. Let me see if I can throw together an emergency hat for you. :-\

Sorry to be the guy who keeps asking the same question, but what is the word on Reed?

Archived