Stephen A Smith calls Tom Brady racist for not attending White House trip

cooltigger21

Seriously, does ANYONE care what Stephen A thinks or says? SA is just an opionated windbag with a big platform from which too opine.I dont know why Brady didn't attend but more importantly, I dont care. Its his call.

I agree. When he goes on and on with his right stuff it's crazy

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He is pretty good when he's talking about sports and analysis of games. I just wish all these sports guys would stick to sports. That's the place to get a break form political stuff.

I like Steven A. I think he is wrong about this. That Doesn't mean I want to see him get hit by a bus.

What I said...But I was somehow saying poor pitiful me as if I was Smith....Lol

He is pretty good when he's talking about sports and analysis of games. I just wish all these sports guys would stick to sports. That's the place to get a break form political stuff.

Nope, only basketball... (though it might be I just don't know enough about basketball to know when he's BS'ing)

Football talk he's usually out of line.

People tune in for the skip/smith back and forth, not for any actual expertise.

Stephen A doing what Stephen A is paid to do.

He throws race around quite when it suits him. He does defend the other side also. Avery Johnson had to go to the college ranks cause the NBA is racist with coaches for example. Then he stuck up for Cuban when Cuban made his remarks about crossing street.

9 times out of ten Stephen A speaks for white people in any situation. This is actually the first time I've seen him speak against a white person and not have anything negative to say about a black person as well. But as stated he was fine until he said something most don't want to hear. Now he'll get thrown in that AL Sharpton group pronto lol

That's funny because Smith catches alot of criticism for being a sell out. He usually comes on t.v.and takes the same position as you, from the police stuff to the political stuff and he didn't say what you wanted to hear on this particular situation so it's his rants get old quick...Well what about when he mostly agrees with you, were the rants getting old then to?

I don't know that his rants have bothered me before, but this particular one is off base. Accusing someone of racism is a serious matter. When seeing the facts on Brady's situation, not to mention that two black players also missed it, is downright irresponsible and pitiful.

That's funny because Smith catches alot of criticism for being a sell out. He usually comes on t.v.and takes the same position as you, from the police stuff to the political stuff and he didn't say what you wanted to hear on this particular situation so it's his rants get old quick...Well what about when he mostly agrees with you, were the rants getting old then to?

I don't know that his rants have bothered me before, but this particular one is off base. Accusing someone of racism is a serious matter. When seeing the facts on Brady's situation, not to mention that two black players also missed it, is downright irresponsible and pitiful.

And yet some are still blind to the critical issue here, that SA is calling out a guy as being racist with absolutely nothing to back up his claim.

The nonsensical " Yeah, but all the other times he said stuff where you approved... " don't remotely apply here. He's wrong on this matter, period. On the OTHER matters ? He may be right, or not, but those are unrelated to THIS issue.

What do you want besides a yeah it was wrong? Also anybody have a link besides this conservative site saying he called Brady a racist?

Also is it just as bad calling someone a liar when they do speak on racism or doing the oh poor pitiful you bit?

remember when charles barkley accused Augusta National of "blatant racism" when they lengthened the golf course when Tiger won by a record score. or when he accused Auburn of a "plantation mentality" when chizik was hired over Turner Gill. Both stupid accusations with no merit. Most of us can overlook short term stupidity. Charles also sided with LE during the Ferguson and Garner protests. You must take the good with the bad with some people. i at least give some credit for honesty.

So LMAO. Listened to the clip HE DID NOT mention race whatsoever...that site lied about the parents anniversary and lied about this race stuff....all of you that had something to say about people following the media just did that....Also like I said me spoke about Brady because he's the face of the franchise and the nfl and was mvp. He also did speak about James Harrison not showing up to the white house and said it was disrespectful....this entire thread is bogus

He should have sided with the garner protests. And chizik getting the nod for one of the most prestigious football programs with his head coaching record was a head scratcher

What do you want besides a yeah it was wrong? Also anybody have a link besides this conservative site saying he called Brady a racist?

He doesn't. But he angrily insinuates... something. Not real sure what. Brady was there for 3 other visits to the WH, all when W was in office, but not Obama ?

Draw your own conclusions.

All SA Smith STATED was the reason may be politics, but that Brady should have respected the office, which is reasonable. And yes, Brady isn't like anyone else on the team, which was SA's point. Or one of them. He kinda went off the rail a bit.

Steven did not mention race directly but right at the end he almost did. up until that point i thought he was making it a political/partisan argument. then he mentioned if it was Bush or Bill Clinton it would have been different. I dont remember verbatim but he kinda made me think he was going that way. anyway i dont really care. i still like him.

To each their own. I don't care for the President personally but I would have taken the high road and went.

That's pretty much what Smith said....except he's holding the qb under a little more ability due to position, and stature. Crazy how the op has NOTHING else to say.

Why didn't the other 2 guys show up ? At least to visit the WH & hang with Barry ?

Don't know. Them being lower level players you usually don't. Just how it works.

Why don't you have the same outrage with him posting this ridiculous source as you had to the much less questionable source that people posted about rush Limbaugh?

Archived