We gave them space to destroy...

AURaptor

I see some comments that may or may not be sarcasm. Does anyone think the cops are wrong to chase and apprehend a person who flees on eye contact?

I do. Fact is some policemen lie. How is anybody supposed to know if that's the truth or not? What if somebody was running but they weren't running away from the police? No police shouldn't have the authority to stop you whenever they want

Yes they should. If you make eye contact with the police and then bolt, that is free game for the police to apprehend you and question you for the reason why you bolted.

Which leads to some getting their butts kicked and then when the police are questioned to why they were interacting with the person in the first place the policemen just needs to say uhhhh....he made eye contact and was avoiding me....yeah that's it...

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see some comments that may or may not be sarcasm. Does anyone think the cops are wrong to chase and apprehend a person who flees on eye contact?

I do. Fact is some policemen lie. How is anybody supposed to know if that's the truth or not? What if somebody was running but they weren't running away from the police? No police shouldn't have the authority to stop you whenever they want

Yes they should. If you make eye contact with the police and then bolt, that is free game for the police to apprehend you and question you for the reason why you bolted.

Which leads to some getting their butts kicked and then when the police are questioned to why they were interacting with the person in the first place the policemen just needs to say uhhhh....he made eye contact and was avoiding me....yeah that's it...

The police should never use any force of brutality when apprehending the person running from the cops. They should never use tactics that are more brutal than what their SOP allows, period! However, the cops have the authority to run bare footed for miles and miles to chase down a guy if the guy is running from them though. The reason why police conducts patrols to begin with is to prevent crime, and to catch crimes in the making. So, if somebody has too much of a guilty conscience to run from the cop, then it would behoove of the cop to check it out.

no, that's not it. if you run you usually run for a reason. that reason is usually that you are guilty of something that requires you to go to jail or have something on your person that could get you jailed. it is the cops responsibility to pursue guilty persons. innocent people seldom flee. how his spine was broke i dont know. but he put himself in the position to be chased and detained.

The arrest looks uncalled for and the injuries and death completely uncalled for. what else can the city do at the moment.? They suspended the 6 policemen awaiting results of the investigation due next week. Throw them all in jail in the meanwhile?

I heard that the Baltimore police became much more aggressive in policing after 2000. Martin O'Malley was the democrat mayor then and vowed to reduce crime in the city. O'Malley now may run against Hillary.

The arrest looks uncalled for and the injuries and death completely uncalled for.

He should've been questioned for why he was running and I agree with the latter.

They suspended the 6 policemen awaiting results of the investigation due next week. Throw them all in jail in the meanwhile?

I'm sure the suspensions are protocol. Throwing them in jail before the investigation is carried out is absurd. They deserve some sort of due process as well.

I heard that the Baltimore police became much more aggressive in policing after 2000. Martin O'Malley was the democrat mayor then and vowed to reduce crime in the city. O'Malley now may run against Hillary.

That is over my head. Maybe somebody else can give their opinions on that

You know this country is going to hell when you have people defending the bad police action and the rioters. All of them need to be placed in a cell together.

Expect more of this.....we are in a sad state of affairs.

Man, I've just about heard it all. All the justification needed for detaining a US citizen is sprinting feet. No verbal commands or requests whatsoever. Theoreticallty, they guy could have been running for any reason.

Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. We've fallen so far from the spirit this country was founded upon.

You know this country is going to hell when you have people defending the bad police action and the rioters. All of them need to be placed in a cell together.

I don't know enough of what specifically happened before that guy was put in that police van. If what occurred in the van was one of those 'rough rides' then somebody has to be fired at the minimum.

I don't know enough of what specifically happened before that guy was put in that police van. If what occurred in the van was one of those 'rough rides' then somebody has to be fired at the minimum.

I prefer jail time for officers who fail to hold their standards above those who they are protecting and serving. Rioters should be arrested and if they should get hurt by officers in the process so be it.

Man, I've just about heard it all. All the justification needed for detaining a US citizen is sprinting feet. No verbal commands or requests whatsoever. Theoreticallty, they guy could have been running for any reason.

Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. We've fallen so far from the spirit this country was founded upon.

• March 20, 2015: Possession of a Controlled Dangerous Substance
  • March 13, 2015: Malicious destruction of property, second-degree assault
  • January 20, 2015: Fourth-degree burglary, trespassing
  • January 14, 2015: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance, possession of a controlled dangerous substance with intent to distribute
  • December 31, 2014: Possession of narcotics with intent to distribute
  • December 14, 2014: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance
  • August 31, 2014: Illegal gambling, trespassing
  • January 25, 2014: Possession of marijuana
  • September 28, 2013: Distribution of narcotics, unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance, second-degree assault, second-degree escape
  • April 13, 2012: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance with intent to distribute, unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance, violation of probation
  • July 16, 2008: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance, possession with intent to distribute
  • March 28, 2008: Unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance
  • March 14, 2008: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance with intent to manufacture and distribute
  • February 11, 2008: Unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance, possession of a controlled dangerous substance
  • August 29, 2007: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance with intent to distribute, violation of probation
  • August 28, 2007: Possession of marijuana
  • August 23, 2007: False statement to a peace officer, unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance
  • July 16, 2007: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance with intent to distribute, unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance (2 counts)

My money is on he sprinted to ditch a "controlled dangerous substance that he was probably intending to distribute".

• January 14, 2015: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance, possession of a controlled dangerous substance with intent to distribute
  • September 28, 2013: Distribution of narcotics, unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance, second-degree assault, second-degree escape
  • April 13, 2012: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance with intent to distribute, unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance, violation of probation
  • July 16, 2008: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance, possession with intent to distribute
  • March 14, 2008: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance with intent to manufacture and distribute
  • February 11, 2008: Unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance, possession of a controlled dangerous substance
  • August 29, 2007: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance with intent to distribute, violation of probation
  • August 23, 2007: False statement to a peace officer, unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance
  • July 16, 2007: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance with intent to distribute, unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance (2 counts)

My money is on he sprinted to ditch a "controlled dangerous substance that he was probably intending to distribute".

What part of that was worthy of death by a bunch of thug officers in the back of a van?

No courtroom, no judge, no trial, no defense.

What was worthy of death?

As usual, pull up his record and make it ok he was killed....meanwhile you know while they are suspended they are paid right? You know what that's called to me and you? A vacation. Every time it's the police it's don't know what has really happened....waiting for facts. Meanwhile the victim it's he took karate so he's aggressive, he sold cigarettes, he owed child support shows his character (not anybody on this board that I remember, maybe one or two but generally). Even that Stephen a Smith thread everybody went in on him without actually listening to what he really said....

So, this is the young man's rap sheet ?

Also I get tired of people basically lying, I NEVER said it was ok to riot. I said if you're going to talk about the riot talk about the cause. None of you talked just about the riot and not mention Brown, why now? Because in this case the policemen may be wrong?

How can you even twist that up to me defending rioters? You know a person don't have any legs to stand on in a debate when they have to lead off with a blatant lie.

As usual, pull up his record and make it ok he was killed....meanwhile you know while they are suspended they are paid right? You know what that's called to me and you? A vacation. Every time it's the police it's don't know what has really happened....waiting for facts. Meanwhile the victim it's he took karate so he's aggressive, he sold cigarettes, he owed child support shows his character (not anybody on this board that I remember, maybe one or two but generally). Even that Stephen a Smith thread everybody went in on him without actually listening to what he really said....

Yes, because pulling up his record, ( and oh my, does he have one ) is just part of reconstructing who the actors are in this play, and maybe figuring out what the hell happened.

Looks to me he was a drug dealer. Not too long ago, those who peddled drugs in a community were targeted by the citizens , who wanted such individuals OUT of their neighborhoods and away from their children.

" He was such a nice boy " , i'm sure we'll be hearing a lot.

Baltimore mayor flat out saying that rioters were allowed, with consent of the cops & her office, to destroy public / private property.

Stephanie Rawlings Blake - is she who you'd want for your mayor?

Tell me she was misquoted or misspoke.

It appears her statement was taken out of context. She was apparently alluding to the space given to peaceful protest. Her along with most state leaders have spoken out against the rioting.

I heard her words. They weren't taken out of context. I believe she said exactly what she wanted to say, as she felt it. Only AFTERwards , when folks started reacting to her quote, and she felt the heat, did she come back and try to claim she was misquoted.

I said if you're going to talk about the riot talk about the cause. None of you talked just about the riot and not mention Brown, why now? Because in this case the policemen may be wrong?

There is no cause to riot. You see, it's comments like that which give folks the impression that you're fine w/ the rioters. Even if the cops are wrong, as it may very well be, there's no cause to riot.

Yes, because pulling up his record, ( and oh my, does he have one ) is just part of reconstructing who the actors are in this play, and maybe figuring out what the hell happened.

Looks to me he was a drug dealer. Not too long ago, those who peddled drugs in a community were targeted by the citizens , who wanted such individuals OUT of their neighborhoods and away from their children.

" He was such a nice boy " , i'm sure we'll be hearing a lot.

In the hood of Baltimore? I figured he'd have a record. But if that's what we are going to do then you HAVE to do it for both sides. Everybody's record and story should be pulled.

I said if you're going to talk about the riot talk about the cause. None of you talked just about the riot and not mention Brown, why now? Because in this case the policemen may be wrong?

There is no cause to riot. You see, it's comments like that which give folks the impression that you're fine w/ the rioters. Even if the cops are wrong, as it may very well be, there's no cause to riot.

There is a cause of it. The guy being killed. Now should people riot after that is another question and it's not if you agree with my statement or not you can't just say I said something because you wanted to. And once again I didn't ever see you post ANYTHING about the servers in incident without mentioning hand up was a lie, or mentioning Brown was a thug, or Wilson was right.....But in this case it's the riot is a separate entity....

I was watching a live broadcast from vice news last night and they walked to a building on fire. They asked a firefighter if they had put the fire out and the response was, "unfortunately", without ever slowing down.

If anyone thinks for one second that these riots are doing anything good they are completely lost.

I know many firefighters very personally and when it comes to their job, race is NEVER in their mind. This firefighter was clearly fed up.

Excuse making for tearing up stuff isn't a CAUSE. There's been no exoneration of these cops yet, has there? Frustration is one thing, but saying there is a cause here is b.s. Marching & protesting ? Fine, but these thugs who loot & vandalize just wanna break stuff up & will use any damn excuse to commit crime.

tumblr_nni3m663pF1r1vqpco1_1280.jpg

I am just afraid that people might actually get the riot that they think they want.

We are in a wash, rinse, repeat cycle. Corrupt city administrations, over worked police forces acting as tax collectors and an oppressed society will continue to clash. This will not go away anytime soon.

Archived