Rival Georgia's Todd Gurley drafted to Rams!!!

WFE12

Nooooooo! Why do this with the 10th overall pick when you have Tre Mason!! Are you kidding me? Well maybe...him and tre can be that one two punch. Tre had a great season last year, i just don't want anything taken from him.

i posted this in another thread. don't like it. i would have taken Gordon ahead of Gurley anyway if i wanted a RB.

i posted this in another thread. don't like it. i would have taken Gordon ahead of Gurley anyway if i wanted a RB.

think i would have still taken gurley even with the recent injury but not if i was the rams! all them rb's they use...smh

I obviously I don't want Tre to become just a glorified second string back like Tate was at Houston, but, for one, I don't see that happening, and two, I think this will help Tre in the long run. Tre will be able to keep the mileage off his legs while still running for 10-15 carries a game. Only two running backs went over 300 carries this year, which mean that only two averaged over 18 carries a game. NFL teams simply do not rely on one back anymore. There are third down backs, short yardage backs, change of pace backs, whatever, so Tre will still have his share of carries. The Rams drafting Gurley is not a vote of no confidence on Tre's part by no means.

Sidebar comment) Carolina picked a frigging linebacker in the first round. We could've used an O lineman or another receiver. I swear, the Carolina front office hates Cam more than the bammers do.

I obviously I don't want Tre to become just a glorified second string back like Tate was at Houston, but, for one, I don't see that happening, and two, I think this will help Tre in the long run. Tre will be able to keep the mileage off his legs while still running for 10-15 carries a game. Only two running backs went over 300 carries this year, which mean that only two averaged over 18 carries a game. NFL teams simply do not rely on one back anymore. There are third down backs, short yardage backs, change of pace backs, whatever, so Tre will still have his share of carries. The Rams drafting Gurley is not a vote of no confidence on Tre's part by no means.

Sidebar comment) Carolina picked a frigging linebacker in the first round. We could've used an O lineman or another receiver. I swear, the Carolina front office hates Cam more than the bammers do.

Agree....don't know what else the Rams needed but one RB will never be enough in the NFL...the RBs take a huge pounding and another good RB on the Ram's roster will help prolong Tre's career.

Seen too many guys like Cadillac Williams run to death and hurt so that their careers were shortened. Hope Tre has a long leisurely career as RB in the NFL.....and that he and Gurley make a good one-two punch for the Rams.

It's unfortunate for Tre because it probably does mean he's got a shelf-life in St. Louis. Plus, there's no guarantee he'll be the 1 or 2 next year. Bennie Cunningham and Zac Stacy can play. Tre has to be ready to work from day one or he'll fall out of that rotation.

I definitely would've taken Gurley over Gordon. Gurley's the best offensive player in this draft, at any position. He's the best kick returner in the draft. He's the best pass catching RB. He's the best runner. It looks like Tre (or Cunningham or Stacy) will have a few games to set the pace. That's been Fisher's MO lately (work in the new guy about 4-5 games into the season). Adding Gurley to that offense though is a no-brainer. They need to re-tool the OL and find some outside threats, but as much as I love Tre Mason, Gurley makes them better.

Gurley has been the best player in college football the last 2 years when he's healthy. But I think this is great for Mason because Gurley will never play a full season in the NFL. If he can't stay healthy in college then there is no way that he can stay healthy in the NFL. More contact, more games, no way!

Saw this AM that Rams traded Zac Stacy (at his request apparently) which leaves Tre and Gurley for the moment. JMO but a good situation for the Rams, probably saved on the payroll too.

Saw this AM that Rams traded Zac Stacy (at his request apparently) which leaves Tre and Gurley for the moment. JMO but a good situation for the Rams, probably saved on the payroll too.

I think trey had clearly passed him anyway

I think trey had clearly passed him anyway

And they were the same kind/style of RB...got a horse to replace Zac and Stacy goes where they need his style of back. Sounds like everyone got a win with this move.

Gurley'll be 1A and Mason will be 1B

With Rams not having a real good QB, they'll both get good yards (if STL's OL ain't cheeks)

Mason will be 1a and Gurley will be 1b

Archived