Is that what swift justice and transparency looks like

I'm not to Ben's level yet.

But some of you are every bit as bad as the worst "Blame Bush" nutbag from 2000-2008.

Hey! I resent that remark! :tease:

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On what basis is the union asking the DA to recuse herself?

She is married to the Council man of that district.She also is close personal friends with the Gray family attorney who was on her transition team and he also contributed to her campaign. I dont see how all the officers are culpable for the guys death. I also can see a politically ambitious prosecutor making a name for herself for her future political career

Now that I read the story I find it funny that the union didn't think it relevant to mention her equally meaningful personal and professional relationship with the police. Five generations of her family have been in law enforcement, including both her parents. The FOP itself contributed to her campaign.

What I'm seeing is someone that has possible insight into both sides making the right call.

If she hadn't said before reading her findings that she had heard the cries of the community of no justice , no peace. Its not a good look IMO but the fact that she accepted money from the Gray family attorney seems to have some merit to it as a concern

Was waiting on the Obama blame. lol.

You never have to wait long.

As an AUFamily politics discussion grows longer, the probability of blaming Obama for any problem approaches 1.

So Obama has never mentioned he feels we should have a federally funded police organization with funding equal to the dept of defense? Where's the blame? Interestingly enough ole street rat Al has never mentioned it but he has spent an awful lot of time in the WH as Obamas liaison on race relations which is unbelievable to me but its just a fact. How many of these would you like to see?

Oh now there we go with those pesky facts again. Funny how that works.

Do you guys ever retain anything?

I was sure with the 70th anniversary of a Auschwitz being shut down someone would find a connection of blame to Obama. Guys round here are sleepin' on the job.

Please Titan you're as bad as Ben. Nobody is blaming anything on Obama. You guys derailed the whole thing.

I'm not to Ben's level yet.

But some of you are every bit as bad as the worst "Blame Bush" nutbag from 2000-2008.

I don't blame him for everything in the world and I haven't mentioned him during this whole week since this started. Talking about federalizing the police force came up when Sharpton mentioned it which led to the idea of was it his idea or did Obama, who has talked about that himself in the past, put the idea in his head.

As an AUFamily politics discussion grows longer, the probability of blaming Obama for any problem approaches 1.

So Obama has never mentioned he feels we should have a federally funded police organization with funding equal to the dept of defense? Where's the blame? Interestingly enough ole street rat Al has never mentioned it but he has spent an awful lot of time in the WH as Obamas liaison on race relations which is unbelievable to me but its just a fact. How many of these would you like to see?

So Al Sharpton mentions federalizing the police, which dear leader has mentioned before and it's meh? If there is one thing that this president doesn't do it's mention things just in random passing. He did bring that up. Now will it happen, probably not but you can rest assured of one thing, the ones that want it will not just go quietly and just give up. It's not something you can just ignore.

As for blaming Obama, I personally think he's handled himself about as well as he could this week, with the exception of the same old refrain for more spending as a cure for what ails cities like Baltimore. Other than that he's done pretty good and not inserted himself into everything and fanned the flames.

So Al Sharpton mentions federalizing the police, which dear leader has mentioned before and it's meh? If there is one thing that this president doesn't do it's mention things just in random passing. He did bring that up. Now will it happen, probably not but you can rest assured of one thing, the ones that want it will not just go quietly and just give up.

It'll be an awfully heavy lift for him to make that happen but in a "perfect Obama world", it would already be a reality

She is married to the Council man of that district.She also is close personal friends with the Gray family attorney who was on her transition team and he also contributed to her campaign. I dont see how all the officers are culpable for the guys death. I also can see a politically ambitious prosecutor making a name for herself for her future political career

Now that I read the story I find it funny that the union didn't think it relevant to mention her equally meaningful personal and professional relationship with the police. Five generations of her family have been in law enforcement, including both her parents. The FOP itself contributed to her campaign.

What I'm seeing is someone that has possible insight into both sides making the right call.

If she hadn't said before reading her findings that she had heard the cries of the community of no justice , no peace. Its not a good look IMO but the fact that she accepted money from the Gray family attorney seems to have some merit to it as a concern

No more of a concern than five generations of police in her family including both her parents PLUS the Fraternal Order of Police donating to her campaign.

So Al Sharpton mentions federalizing the police, which dear leader has mentioned before and it's meh? If there is one thing that this president doesn't do it's mention things just in random passing. He did bring that up. Now will it happen, probably not but you can rest assured of one thing, the ones that want it will not just go quietly and just give up. It's not something you can just ignore.

its-a-conspiracy.jpg

No more of a concern than five generations of police in her family including both her parents PLUS the Fraternal Order of Police donating to her campaign.

OK I see a politically ambitious brand new DA making a name for herself by over charging in this case to appease her constituents. We disagree, no biggie.

OK I see a politically ambitious brand new DA making a name for herself by over charging in this case to appease her constituents. We disagree, no biggie.

The difference is, I see that there are two equal and balancing areas of interest and you only want to harp on one of them.

its-a-conspiracy.jpg

Ben I love your sense of humor but I never said anything about a conspiracy. There are people around who want that to happen and they are not to be just written off and ignored.

The Baltimore mayor should take lessons from her.

She tore down so many walls at the same time.

A women,

A black women,

A very young black women can hold such a powerfull position?

She made a statement.

Seems that way. First thing i notice was how young she was but it appears like they have several young people in office in Baltimore from some of the interviews i've seen from different city officials. Even before all of this happened it seemed like they were already trying to make major efforts to make the city of better.

One of my first cousins lives in Baltimore...she's a social worker and 41. She's told me several stories about their issues...sad stories she's told me no matter what color a person is. Goes way beyond that with that city. I see that she graduated from Tuskegee University(undergrad). That's where she met her husband who is a councilman in Baltimore.

Heck, that makes her a homey in my book. ;D

Ben I love your sense of humor but I never said anything about a conspiracy. There are people around who want that to happen and they are not to be just written off as kooks.

Barack Obama never said he wanted a national police force. That's what the thread I linked to was talking about.

This seems strangely familiar. Haven't we already covered this ground? Wasn't this proven to be BS when viewed in context?

Hate to say it, but this is looking a lot like the Martin / Zimmerman case. Grandstanding prosecution going for charges that may be impossible to prove.

Conflict of interest looks pretty obvious here as well.

its-a-conspiracy.jpg

Ridicule is AlWAYS the fall back position and always has been. It is naive IMO to believe that powerful people do not work together behind the scenes to achieve mutual goals that may not may not be whats best for the country. If you believe that people make history and not events and that events take place within a context of historical limits, economics politics and ideas - that powerful people are powerful and they seek to achieve their goals by means of public and quasi-public institutions financed by the tax payer including their enemies, therefore, in order to achieve these goals the need to be concealed especially from those enemies by making events look spontaneous and beyond the power of the leaders to control them. Then, having a conspiratorial view of history is not that far fetched. Conspiratorial view of histroy argues that self interested people conspire together against the interests of the public, at least as to how the public would interpet the facts if they really understood what was going on. They really dont need to be illegal either which makes it all the more plausible

Ridicule is AlWAYS the fall back position and always has been. It is naive IMO to believe that powerful people do not work together behind the scenes to achieve mutual goals that may not may not be whats best for the country. If you believe that people make history and not events and that events take place within a context of historical limits, economics politics and ideas - that powerful people are powerful and they seek to achieve their goals by means of public and quasi-public institutions financed by the tax payer including their enemies, therefore, in order to achieve these goals the need to be concealed especially from those enemies by making events look spontaneous and beyond the power of the leaders to control them. Then, having a conspiratorial view of history is not that far fetched. Conspiratorial view of histroy argues that self interested people conspire together against the interests of the public, at least as to how the public would interpet the facts if they really understood what was going on. They really dont need to be illegal either which makes it all the more plausible

2r2rouf.jpg

The difference is, I see that there are two equal and balancing areas of interest and you only want to harp on one of them.

Actually thats not correct. im looking at a longer view based on what Ive seen and heard out of her own mouth and Im certainly not Im not trying to convince you either. People looking at the same thing see different things all the time..its not a big deal.

2r2rouf.jpg

What a shock!

LOL!

And "longer" means (in this case) within 4 pages.

Ah yes. Here it is:

We cannot continue to rely only on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives that we’ve set.

We’ve got to have a civilian national security force that’s just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded. We need to use technology to connect people to service. We’ll expand USA Freedom Corps to create online networks where American can browse opportunities to volunteer. You’ll be able to search by category, time commitment and skill sets. You’ll be able to rate service opportunities, build service networks, and create your own service pages to track your hours and activities.

This will empower more Americans to craft their own service agenda and make their own change from the bottom up.

Sounds just like that there Gustopo them Natzies had.

2r2rouf.jpg

What a shock!

I can tell just by looking that there is nothing of any substance in what is sure to be a nonsensical rant.

Hate to say it, but this is looking a lot like the Martin / Zimmerman case. Grandstanding prosecution going for charges that may be impossible to prove.

Conflict of interest looks pretty obvious here as well.

Just so I'm understanding this...

Associations with the Gray family's attorney = obvious conflict of interest.

Associations with five generations of police in her own family including both her parents = no conflict at all.

Are you people serious?

2r2rouf.jpg

What a shock!

I can tell just by looking that there is nothing of any substance in what is sure to be a nonsensical rant.

you'd be judging without really knowing but Ive noticed you're pretty good at that

Archived