Is that what swift justice and transparency looks like

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hate to say it, but this is looking a lot like the Martin / Zimmerman case. Grandstanding prosecution going for charges that may be impossible to prove.

Conflict of interest looks pretty obvious here as well.

Just so I'm understanding this...

Associations with the Gray family's attorney = obvious conflict of interest.

Associations with five generations of police in her own family including both her parents = no conflict at all.

Are you people serious?

Taking money to help finance her campoaign from the Gray family attorney dont forget that

you'd be judging without really knowing but Ive noticed you're pretty good at that

Walls of text from you are far less substantive than that dancing ninja. You can say much without saying anything at all. You have a real knack for it.

Hate to say it, but this is looking a lot like the Martin / Zimmerman case. Grandstanding prosecution going for charges that may be impossible to prove.

Associations with five generations of police in her own family including both her parents = no conflict at all.

Are you people serious?

Taking money to help finance her campoaign from the Gray family attorney dont forget that

Taking money from the Fraternal Order of Police to help finance her campaign. Don't forget that.

Actually I didn't. The term "associations" used in both instance covered it.

The Baltimore mayor should take lessons from her.

She tore down so many walls at the same time.

A women,

A black women,

A very young black women can hold such a powerfull position?

She made a statement.

She also was elected unopposed. No one else wanted the job.

Are you people serious?

Taking money from the Fraternal Order of Police to help finance her campaign. Don't forget that.

OK then she's your gal. others aren't as sold. is that OK?

The Baltimore mayor should take lessons from her.

She tore down so many walls at the same time.

A women,

A black women,

A very young black women can hold such a powerfull position?

She made a statement.

She also was elected unopposed. No one else wanted the job.

that is interesting.

One more time, just in case you missed it.

In context:

"We cannot continue to rely only on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives that we’ve set.

We’ve got to have a civilian national security force that’s just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded. We need to use technology to connect people to service. We’ll expand USA Freedom Corps to create online networks where American can browse opportunities to volunteer. You’ll be able to search by category, time commitment and skill sets. You’ll be able to rate service opportunities, build service networks, and create your own service pages to track your hours and activities. This will empower more Americans to craft their own service agenda and make their own change from the bottom up."

Sounds just like that there Gustopo them Natzies had.

I've said too much already today so I think I'll head on out before I completely lose my cool.

Take care.

Drink a beer. It will be ok. Really. :beer2:

On what basis is the union asking the DA to recuse herself?

She is married to the Council man of that district.She also is close personal friends with the Gray family attorney who was on her transition team and he also contributed to her campaign. I dont see how all the officers are culpable for the guys death. I also can see a politically ambitious prosecutor making a name for herself for her future political career

Now that I read the story I find it funny that the union didn't think it relevant to mention her equally meaningful personal and professional relationship with the police. Five generations of her family have been in law enforcement, including both her parents. The FOP itself contributed to her campaign.

What I'm seeing is someone that has possible insight into both sides making the right call.

If she hadn't said before reading her findings that she had heard the cries of the community of no justice , no peace. Its not a good look IMO but the fact that she accepted money from the Gray family attorney seems to have some merit to it as a concern

No more of a concern than five generations of police in her family including both her parents PLUS the Fraternal Order of Police donating to her campaign.

OK I see a politically ambitious brand new DA making a name for herself by over charging in this case to appease her constituents. We disagree, no biggie.

But of course. There's no possibility of her simply doing the right thing. :-\

Drink a beer. It will be ok. Really. :beer2:

the best post of the day, no week best of the week.

Are you people serious?

I never said it wasn't. I just get tired of people focusing on one thing that supposedly shows terrible conflict of interest while completely ignoring all other facts that are equally important. It's disingenuous.

2r2rouf.jpg

What a shock!

I can tell just by looking that there is nothing of any substance in what is sure to be a nonsensical rant.

:thumbsup: First indicator is a lack of paragraphs. Those require some organization of thought. ;D

Are you people serious?

I never said it wasn't. I just get tired of people focusing on one thing that supposedly shows terrible conflict of interest while completely ignoring all other facts that are equally important. It's disingenuous.

Uh,I never used the word "terrible"and aint it great that we dont have to agree. It seems to reallybother you though and thats too bad

One more time, just in case you missed it.

In context:

"We cannot continue to rely only on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives that we’ve set.

We’ve got to have a civilian national security force that’s just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded. We need to use technology to connect people to service. We’ll expand USA Freedom Corps to create online networks where American can browse opportunities to volunteer. You’ll be able to search by category, time commitment and skill sets. You’ll be able to rate service opportunities, build service networks, and create your own service pages to track your hours and activities. This will empower more Americans to craft their own service agenda and make their own change from the bottom up."

Sounds just like that there Gustopo them Natzies had.

There is a better argument for have a state police department under the control of the governor in each state.

When the NAZIs took power they did setup a national police force in the 1930s to enable carrying out their state crimes. When the Federal Republic of Germany was formed after WWII, they immediately banned any national police force. East Germany had a national police force that the communists used and it was disbanded upon reunification with West Germany.

Sometimes you learn the hard way.

Are you people serious?

Uh,I never used the word "terrible"and aint it great that we dont have to agree. It seems to reallybother you though and thats too bad

Again, it doesn't bother me that we don't agree in the end. But I prefer honest disagreements. Harping on one supposed conflict while ignoring the other equally important counter conflict is dishonest. That's what really bothers me.

Are you people serious?

Again, it doesn't bother me that we don't agree in the end. But I prefer honest disagreements. Harping on one supposed conflict while ignoring the other equally important counter conflict is dishonest. That's what really bothers me.

OK, like I said, aint it great we dont have to agree but . I dont find anything in the disagreement to be dishonest

And like I said, I don't care about it either. I do care about honest arguments though.

Theres nothing dishonest about thinking there is a conflict of interest. I dont have to convince you why I think there is but we can simply agree to disagree w/o alluding to a lack of honesty. If she just had not said before reading her statement that she had heard the cries of the community for no justice no peace I wouldn't feel the way I do Sounds a little too politicized for my liking...thats all.

And like I said, I don't care about it either. I do care about honest arguments though.

Theres nothing dishonest about thinking there is a conflict of interest. I dont have to convince you why I think there is but we can simply agree to disagree w/o alluding to a lack of honesty. If she just had not said before reading her statement that she had heard the cries of the community for no justice no peace I wouldn't feel the way I do Sounds a little too politicized for my liking...thats all.

There is dishonesty when you look at only one side of things and declare a conflict and ignore the counter conflict that easily balances that out. When you harp on a relationship with an attorney of the Grays but ignore the longer association with police, that's dishonesty. When you harp on a campaign donation from the Gray's attorney but ignore the campaign donation from the police union, that's dishonesty.

If you don't like her statement, then just say that. But your argument about conflicts reveals either an inability or a lack of desire to argue a point honestly.

There is dishonesty when you look at only one side of things and declare a conflict and ignore the counter conflict that easily balances that out. When you harp on a relationship with an attorney of the Grays but ignore the longer association with police, that's dishonesty. When you harp on a campaign donation from the Gray's attorney but ignore the campaign donation from the police union, that's dishonesty.

If you don't like her statement, then just say that. But your argument about conflicts reveals either an inability or a lack of desire to argue a point honestly.

Dude decaf for you the rest of the night. I believe she is launching her political career on the backs of these police officers not all of which could possibly be culpable for Grays death.Theres not a dayum thing dishonest about my point of view but you seem to accrue some perverted sense of satisfaction insisting there is. Responding to the cries of the community is not the way justice system is supposed to work pal.

Dude decaf for you the rest of the night. I believe she is launching her political career on the backs of these police officers not all of which could possibly be culpable for Grays death.Theres not a dayum thing dishonest about my point of view but you seem to accrue some perverted sense of satisfaction insisting there is. Responding to the cries of the community is not the way justice system is supposed to work pal.

I am perfectly calm. Just pointing out the glaring inconsistencies in your argument. And yes, it does show a lack of intellectual honesty on your part. Don't get bent because I don't let you get away with it.

What makes you simply dismiss the idea she is responding on behalf of the victim to achieve justice? Isn't that an inherent duty of her job?

Titan is right. You have a clearly biased perspective on this.

Archived