Is that what swift justice and transparency looks like

Hate to say it, but this is looking a lot like the Martin / Zimmerman case. Grandstanding prosecution going for charges that may be impossible to prove.

Conflict of interest looks pretty obvious here as well.

Just so I'm understanding this...

Associations with the Gray family's attorney = obvious conflict of interest.

Associations with five generations of police in her own family including both her parents = no conflict at all.

Are you people serious?

Yes, very serious. The lawyer for the Gray family was the biggest donor to her campaign.

If you can't figure out the problem there, then you likely think Lois Lernr did nothing wrong either.

But conflict of interest is only one of the problems w/ this little political speech she gave. She's acting as an advocate for one group, and she isn't. That's not job. Her JOB is to make sure justice is served, for all, not just one person, and regardless of how HER FOLK view the facts and the rule of law, she's suppose to hold to what ever comes. She all but said she was going to find these guys guilty, no matter what.

That's simply wrong.

Wow. Is there such a thing as a verbal Rorschach test?

I think this qualifies. :rolleyes:

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. There is going to be state criminal, state civil case, and federal civil rights cases coming out of this.

2. After the city of Baltimore gets through paying for the costs of the riot damage and losing more tax revenue, they'll be paying $ millions to Gray's next of kin.

4. A change of venue is coming for all 3 of these trials. I'm not sure who would want these circuses.

5. The defendants will try for separate trails.

6. They appear to have overcharged all these policemen in an effort to get them to turn on each other and provide the evidence the state needs to convict, otherwise convictions may be difficult on some changes.

7. Baltimore will get a new mayor..........

All of these are definitely possible.

I don't think it's going to be as hard as you think to get some convictions here. The police screwed up with their story leaving out stuff, plus this arrest had video and a lot more witnesses.

3. The Maryland prosecutor's ties to various groups may not matter much one way or another. Her political comments at the end of her statement today will probably lead to the appointment of a special prosecutor.

Highly doubtful. The hand-wringing over her comments is overblown.

Titan - She's young, ambitious and very motivated. I think she's bitten off more than she can chew on this one, even if the cops are negligent in Freddie's death. As was the case in Sanford, the prosecution has set the bar high , and with very little, if any , actual proof to back up her charges.

You really think that her allegiance is spread equally among the FOP and a family friend of the deceased ?

Did you hear that speech she gave ? Sounds to me as if she's chosen sides. That's not her job.

She's not the judge or grand jury. She is the prosecutor. Of course she has chosen sides.

And yes, I think that five generations of police in her family including both of her parents are an equal counterweight to any allegiance she might feel for a campaign donor.

I also think she has way more to go on that the Zimmerman case had. That said, I think the depraved indifference murder charge probably won't happen. I think the driver will most likely get manslaughter and maybe some others will get involuntary manslaughter at the most. I don't think they'll all be acquitted.

Raptor appears to be somewhat confused.

Perhaps only temporarily. :rolleyes:

Titan - She's young, ambitious and very motivated. I think she's bitten off more than she can chew on this one, even if the cops are negligent in Freddie's death. As was the case in Sanford, the prosecution has set the bar high , and with very little, if any , actual proof to back up her charges.

You really think that her allegiance is spread equally among the FOP and a family friend of the deceased ?

Did you hear that speech she gave ? Sounds to me as if she's chosen sides. That's not her job.

She's not the judge or grand jury. She is the prosecutor. Of course she has chosen sides.

And yes, I think that five generations of police in her family including both of her parents are an equal counterweight to any allegiance she might feel for a campaign donor.

I also think she has way more to go on that the Zimmerman case had. That said, I think the depraved indifference murder charge probably won't happen. I think the driver will most likely get manslaughter and maybe some others will get involuntary manslaughter at the most. I don't think they'll all be acquitted.

Raptor appears to be somewhat confused.

Perhaps only temporarily. :rolleyes:

Is Rush on vacation?

On what basis is the union asking the DA to recuse herself?

She is married to the Council man of that district.She also is close personal friends with the Gray family attorney who was on her transition team and he also contributed to her campaign. I dont see how all the officers are culpable for the guys death. I also can see a politically ambitious prosecutor making a name for herself for her future political career

no way they are all culpable. This in part is a dog and pony show to appease the people who were inclined to burn,steal and destroy the city.

The same thugs will riot tonite. Nothing has changed except they will call it " a celebration" thuggery.

:puke: This just broke the camels back. I have tried so hard to see past your comments but we really need a Mod ignore feature.

I rarely even consider putting anyone on ignore because I honestly want their opinions just in case I might have missed an angle. To think that I made a conscious decision to not put my two cents in about remembering your "double down" statement because I did not want to pile on.

:puke: This just broke the camels back. I have tried so hard to see past your comments but we really need a Mod ignore feature.

I rarely even consider putting anyone on ignore because I honestly want their opinions just in case I might have missed an angle. To think that I made a conscious decision to not put my two cents in about remembering your "double down" statement because I did not want to pile on.

Wow. He's really gone too far if he's managed to tick you off. You're, like, one of the nicest, most unassuming guys on the board.

Welcome to our world. :cheers:

The other area that will be of concern is the race of the officers charged and for what they are charged. 3 or the 4 defendants with murder or manslaughter charges are black. The 3 black defendants were all involved during the transport of Gray where he apparently was fatally injured.

The white Police Lt that directed Gray be arrested by the other 2 white officers is charged with involuntary manslaughter. He transferred Gray to Goodson who drove the police van. .

Transport

Officer Caeser B. Goodson, Jr. charged with second-degree depraved heart murder, involuntary manslaughter, second-degree assault, two counts of manslaughter by vehicle and misconduct in office.

Officer William G. Porter charged with involuntary manslaughter, second-degree assault and misconduct in office.

Sgt. Alicia White involuntary manslaughter, second-degree assault and misconduct in office.

Arresting

Lt. Brian W. Rice charged with involuntary manslaughter, two counts of second-degree assault, two counts of misconduct in office and false imprisonment.

Officer Edward M. Nero with two counts of second-degree assault, two counts of misconduct in office and false imprisonment.

Officer Garret Miller with two counts of second-degree assault, two counts of misconduct in office and false imprisonment.

Wow. He's really gone too far if he's managed to tick you off. You're, like, one of the nicest, most unassuming guys on the board.

Get that man a needle, some thread and a nice sampler to work on. We need to talk. ;D

The other area that will be of concern is the race of the officers charged and for what they are charged. 3 or the 4 defendants with murder or manslaughter charges are black. The 3 black defendants were all involved during the transport of Gray where he apparently was fatally injured.

The white Police Lt that directed Gray be arrested by the other 2 white officers is charged with involuntary manslaughter. He transferred Gray to Goodson who drove the police van. .

Transport

Officer Caeser B. Goodson, Jr. charged with second-degree depraved heart murder, involuntary manslaughter, second-degree assault, two counts of manslaughter by vehicle and misconduct in office.

Officer William G. Porter charged with involuntary manslaughter, second-degree assault and misconduct in office.

Sgt. Alicia White involuntary manslaughter, second-degree assault and misconduct in office.

Arresting

Lt. Brian W. Rice charged with involuntary manslaughter, two counts of second-degree assault, two counts of misconduct in office and false imprisonment.

Officer Edward M. Nero with two counts of second-degree assault, two counts of misconduct in office and false imprisonment.

Officer Garret Miller with two counts of second-degree assault, two counts of misconduct in office and false imprisonment.

And why exactly will that be "of concern", and to whom?

Transport

Arresting

And why exactly will that be "of concern", and to whom?

You know the answer. The media, the race business, etc.. They will not be happy that only the grunts were prosecuted.

Was waiting on the Obama blame. lol.

You never have to wait long.

As an AUFamily politics discussion grows longer, the probability of blaming Obama for any problem approaches 1.

Well, not that i am making a ODS argument here, BUT, not that long ago Bush43 would have been blamed for anything and everything by the second page of the thread.

Derangement Syndrome know no strangers on this forum.

Cause her folks were cops , decades ago, doesn't make her one.

Cops of today aren't do keen on some of what she's done. I get the impression there's no love lost tween them .

raptor...

you're insane...

you're a clown...

you have a posse...

Cause her folks were cops , decades ago, doesn't make her one.

Wow! I never thought of that. :-\/>

Seems as though you intentionally attempt to portray yourself as someone who is angry and, of limited intelligence.

Project much ?

Not angry at all. And who doesn't have litmited intelligence ? Trying to claim yours is limitless ?

DKW - heard an interview of a cop explaining those very sentiments. I just passed along the info. Don't see how that makes me anything but a messenger.

Get that man a needle, some thread and a nice sampler to work on. We need to talk. ;D

Time to widen the circle.

But conflict of interest is only one of the problems w/ this little political speech she gave. She's acting as an advocate for one group, and she isn't. That's not job. Her JOB is to make sure justice is served, for all, not just one person, and regardless of how HER FOLK view the facts and the rule of law, she's suppose to hold to what ever comes. She all but said she was going to find these guys guilty, no matter what.

That's simply wrong.

District Attorneys, Attorneys General, and judges do the same in favor of state actors everyday and no one bats an eye. It ain't no fun when the rabbit has the gun, is it?

District Attorneys, Attorneys General, and judges do the same in favor of state actors everyday and no one bats an eye. It ain't no fun when the rabbit has the gun, is it?

She gave a political speech. Not one of an impartial officer of the state, seeking justice.

:puke:/> This just broke the camels back. I have tried so hard to see past your comments but we really need a Mod ignore feature.

Welcome to our world. :cheers:/>

I had to let him go when he offered nothing when dude was using a slur against me then when he did chime in it was to say people are too sensitive.....then of course you know he was the one to kick off calling people animals with these recent events.

Never leaves out his smiley face though

Who is surprised? You knew who was going to be arguing for the cops. You knew who was going to be angry at the mayor, you knew who was going to be going at the prosecutor...I mean seriously who's surprised?

She gave a political speech. Not one of an impartial officer of the state, seeking justice.

Would you consider sheriffs and police chiefs "impartial officers of the state, seeking justice?" If not, that validates some of the strongest criticisms we civil libertarians offer as to the state of justice in this country. If so, in all police shootings being sent to grand jury, chiefs and sheriffs should refrain from repeating offcier's claims about how they "feared for their lives" the suspect "reached for their gun", split second judgement call, et. al, and instead proclaim that " we do not comment on pending investigations."

Even if I were to grant that Mrs. Mosby's speech was partial, biased, and politically motivated, (it very well may have been) this game didn't start yesterday.

Who is surprised? You knew who was going to be arguing for the cops. You knew who was going to be angry at the mayor, you knew who was going to be going at the prosecutor...I mean seriously who's surprised?

Apparently that'd be you, because I've always said the cops had no out on this one, as a man died in their custody. At the very least, that's criminally negligent.

But you're so wrapped up in the " us vs them " mind set, that anyone not out ringing bells and honking horns after that campaign speech, errrr... press conference, MUST be ' arguring for the cops and angry at the mayor , prosecutor ', etc...

This is not a slam dunk case for the prosecution. First they're almost certainly going to have to move the trials out of Baltimore and the defense attorneys are going to be poking all kinds of holes in the case or at least that's what they will attempt to do. They'll have good lawyers. She had to charge these officers with something to keep a lid on the violence. It could very well be that we get some deals made for testimony. We'll see how it all plays out.

I know what you said then, and I know what ELSE you've said as well so spare me. It's no us vs them with me since I don't have any political sides I choose from, you on the other hand, that's all it's about to you

I know what you said then, and I know what ELSE you've said as well so spare me. It's no us vs them with me since I don't have any political sides I choose from, you on the other hand, that's all it's about to you

All I do in a political forum is post about... politics ???

WOW !!!

And no, you'll not be spared, because I KNOW what I've said, where as all you know is what you THINK I've said.

Often times, there's a big difference in what you read and what others are saying.

Archived