Democrats and Hillary 2016 = Republicans and Romney 2012

Supreme Court!

Most Important Election of our Lifetime!

Don’t be a fool and vote your conscience! Stick with the Party!

A vote for anybody but Hillary is a vote for the enemy!

Shut up and vote Hillary!

If people just to the left or right of the middle would ever sit down and talk to each other instead of falling for all the scare tactics and dog whistles from Fox, Rush, Daily Kos, MSNBC, TownHall, WorldNet Daily, ThinkProgress, and Alternet, they'd probably find out they like each other more than they think, and all the leaders they keep putting forward suck.

Well 2012 was a crucial election. Had we conservatives not sat home, we would have been spared the 2nd term of Obama. Romney wasn't the greatest choice in the world but still it was far preferable to what we have.

So, just like Romney, Hillary is the "in case of emergency, break glass" candidate.

Not voting for her anyway.

Supreme Court!

If people just to the left or right of the middle would ever sit down and talk to each other instead of falling for all the scare tactics and dog whistles from Fox, Rush, Daily Kos, MSNBC, TownHall, WorldNet Daily, ThinkProgress, and Alternet, they'd probably find out they like each other more than they think, and all the leaders they keep putting forward suck.

Truth. One main problem is uneducated voters.

This is an interesting time we live in and while the so called "party of diversity" patiently awaits the coronation of their Queen, the the party that hates minorities is fielding an African-American an Indian-American a couple of hispanic descent, a woman, former and sitting Governors, Senators and Congressmen and even a couple who aren't even professional politicians, in total, from all corners of the country...the north, the east, southeast, mid west and west. There is more diversity of candidates and of thought among republicans than the left will ever field.

I do see a parallel. Once again, the GOP tactic will be, vote against the Democrats. I found it humorous that there were no Romney signs out in 2012. There were however, plenty of NObama signs.

"the GOP tactic will be, vote against the Democrats"

Im not certain that will be the strategy but given the stark contrast and divergence of the respective philosophies of governance its not a bad tactic. I dont believe anyone has a lock on knowing what the future holds but I have an abiding hunch this will be the year the silent majority finally speaks out. I have always believed and still do that the overwhelming majority of Americans are conservative but they are also the least politically active. It'll be very interesting to see if they mobilize or if Ive over estimated their numbers and whether or not they have arrived at that place, in their perspective, where they see enough as finally being enough

Im not certain that will be the strategy but given the stark contrast and divergence of the respective philosophies of governance its not a bad tactic. I dont believe anyone has a lock on knowing what the future holds but I have an abiding hunch this will be the year the silent majority finally speaks out. I have always believed and still do that the overwhelming majority of Americans are conservative but they are also the least politically active. It'll be very interesting to see if they mobilize or if Ive over estimated their numbers and whether or not they have arrived at that place, in their perspective, where they see enough as finally being enough

It is if, it does not work.

Time will tell, we'll see.

True. The GOP may want to further some new ideas though.

"God, guns, and gays", trickle down economics, and "libtards" is dumb has not proven successful in the past two Presidential elections.

I think turnout and independents will be the deciding factors. It will be interesting to see how the GOP strategically operates. The rhetoric rallies the base and produces turnout but, the moderate voice that appeals to independents typically cancels out the message that motivates the "conservative" base. Is there a candidate that can accomplish both?

"God, guns, and gays", trickle down economics, and "libtards" is dumb has not proven successful in the past two Presidential elections.

I think turnout and independents will be the deciding factors. It will be interesting to see how the GOP strategically operates. The rhetoric rallies the base and produces turnout but, the moderate voice that appeals to independents typically cancels out the message that motivates the "conservative" base. Is there a candidate that can accomplish both?

YES...all of them. BTW thats an interesting depiction especially realizing you've not one of them libtards. :-\

YES...all of them. BTW thats an interesting depiction especially realizing you've not one of them libtards. :-\

You truly believe that every GOP candidate can effectively rally the "conservative" base and, appeal to independents?

I really enjoy hearing from "libtards" (so pathetic) as to what will and will not "work" for Conservatives. Funny stuff. They have no clue...........

I really enjoy hearing from "libtards" (so pathetic) as to what will and will not "work" for Conservatives. Funny stuff. They have no clue...........

Libtards is dumb! Excellent post!

Unlike the libtards, I appreciate and value your opinions. Both of them.

I wish you were capable of rational thought....Alas........... :-\

I wish you were capable of rational thought....Alas........... :-\

I agree.

I wish that every member of the forum were capable of your depth of thinking and, the insightful presentation of those thoughts. I admire your ability to present information in a manner that is thought provoking rather than petty. There is no one I would rather have speaking on behalf of Republicans and "conservatives". I often think of you as more than a mere poster but rather, a symbol, a voice for all that is good about this website, Auburn, our country, and humanity.

I wish you were capable of rational thought....Alas........... :-\/>

I agree.

I wish that every member of the forum were capable of your depth of thinking and, the insightful presentation of those thoughts. I admire your ability to present information in a manner that is thought provoking rather than petty. There is no one I would rather have speaking on behalf of Republicans and "conservatives". I often think of you as more than a mere poster but rather, a symbol, a voice for all that is good about this website, Auburn, our country, and humanity.

Thanks! You?....not so much...

Supreme Court!

BRAVO!

You truly believe that every GOP candidate can effectively rally the "conservative" base and, appeal to independents?

Actually I believe that the populace in general is arriving at a point where they have grave doubts about continuing to allow progressive liberals who are all in on centralizing essentially all govt power when that central govt is, itself, bankrupt economically, intellectually AND morally.Decentralization is the conservative side of the argument and one that is starting to resonate with greater intensity. So, yeah, I believe Hillary will have a hard time beating ANY of the republicans.

This whole foundation mess is going to dog them throughout the entire campaign. Bill came out and said he's not going to step away from it if she gets elected.

YES...all of them. BTW thats an interesting depiction especially realizing you've not one of them libtards. :-\/>

Actually I believe that the populace in general is arriving at a point where they have grave doubts about continuing to allow progressive liberals who are all in on centralizing essentially all govt power when that central govt is, itself, bankrupt economically, intellectually AND morally.Decentralization is the conservative side of the argument and one that is starting to resonate with greater intensity. So, yeah, I believe Hillary will have a hard time beating ANY of the republicans.

The pantsuit has nothing to run on and barry to run from. Gonna be tough on the old gal .......

So, and again, the GOP doesn't need any new ideas? All they have to do is run against Hillary? Okay. I don't think that strategy is going to work but, as you say, we will see.

Well 2012 was a crucial election. Had we conservatives not sat home, we would have been spared the 2nd term of Obama. Romney wasn't the greatest choice in the world but still it was far preferable to what we have.

Conservatives didn't stay home. When told to do so, they rallied around a terrible candidate. The reason he lost is that independents realized he was a terrible candidate, not because faux conservatives held to principle, and that's the same reason the GOP has an excellent chance to win in 2016, provided they can get out of their own way.

Its hilarious that you and others still believe that last sentence. Romney is and was Obama. The most substantive difference was that Romney wanted to defund PBS. Some choice.

Conservatives didn't stay home. When told to do so, they rallied around a terrible candidate. The reason he lost is that independents realized he was a terrible candidate, not because faux conservatives held to principle, and that's the same reason the GOP has an excellent chance to win in 2016, provided they can get out of their own way.

Its hilarious that you and others still believe that last sentence. Romney is and was Obama. The most substantive difference was that Romney wanted to defund PBS. Some choice.

boy the term terrible has become extremely relative now. Its hard for me to imagine ANYONE could honestly believe NOW Romney would have been a worse Pres than BHO has been. There's no doubt Obama has added new meaning to the world terrible as it relates to being the POTUS

PBS doesn't need govt support. It operates at a profit. Unless you're sound asleep our govt is entertaining an $18 TRILLION debt. Do you think it is wise to continue subsidizing businesses that are operating profitably? I dont. That was a classic case of the media hanging a statement made by Romney around his neck like an anvil despite the fact that it makes perfect sense.

Archived